Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stop taking my pips dispels

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 09, 2015
dispels are annoying enough to take make your spell fizzle and take your spell away but its even worse that is takes your pips it shouldn't take your pips it needs to be nerfed so it doesn't take away your pips

Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
mario king on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
dispels are annoying enough to take make your spell fizzle and take your spell away but its even worse that is takes your pips it shouldn't take your pips it needs to be nerfed so it doesn't take away your pips
What would be the point of a dispel then?

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
I think the Dispel block option people have said a lot before can help a lot better, works the same way like stun blocks.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
The way you want a dispell to work would be the same as making a player fizzle. You could do that with a negative accuracy charm. Dispells are meant to be slightly unfair. You want the enemy to have to work their pips back up. Honestly though, they're not that unfair; they make sense.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
lizzermaybay on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
What would be the point of a dispel then?
you obviously always go first almost all of the time. Its to make someone fizzle thats enough but to take away the pips... Jades are cancer

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
DevinSkullStone on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
you obviously always go first almost all of the time. Its to make someone fizzle thats enough but to take away the pips... Jades are cancer
You're allowed to have the opinion that Dispels should not take pips from the target, but this is honestly quite absurd. First you make an accusation that not only is completely irrelevant to the topic, but also has no proof despite being "obvious". And then you end your post with something else that isn't quite on topic and if anything suggests that Jade users are the main users of Dispels, or at least in the "dirty bad evil cheating" way.

OT: I don't PVP myself, but at the same time I don't want to be completely dismissive of it. I'm just not a fan of stepping into PVP in most things. The Dispel Block idea seems to be worth a try, as it keeps the Dispel's function of punishing predictability quite harshly while making it so that you can't just Dispel your opponent down to nothingness. Plus, it could probably be implemented into PVE so that various cheating bosses don't get Dispel-locked into normal bosses or even giant targets, but I may be in the minority in supporting that considering the backlash KI got when they stopped Baba Yaga's and The Rat's cheats from being dispelled.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
DevinSkullStone on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
I don't know about you or what level you are, but I'd say whether I or the enemy goes first is a 50-50 or 40-60 split. Maybe you're just having luck, but I haven't gone first for my bosses in the past two days. Overall, the dispell card is not that bad. I'm in Avalon with a ton of Myth bosses who use Myth Imp that dispells Life and Death. I use Empower a lot, maybe that's a card you want to invest in. It helps a lot.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
Destiny HawkCatche... on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
The way you want a dispell to work would be the same as making a player fizzle. You could do that with a negative accuracy charm. Dispells are meant to be slightly unfair. You want the enemy to have to work their pips back up. Honestly though, they're not that unfair; they make sense.
Slightly? Then your saying going second isn't so bad then especially in a quick match?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 25, 2016 wrote:
Slightly? Then your saying going second isn't so bad then especially in a quick match?
Going second doesn't phase me but so much. Sure it sucks when your enemy uses Shatter, Clense Charm, or something of the sort, but I think this argument for Dispells to stop taking pips is invalid. That's just how it is. This is like asking KI to change Mana Burn so it doesn't take your pips.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
Destiny HawkCatche... on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
Going second doesn't phase me but so much. Sure it sucks when your enemy uses Shatter, Clense Charm, or something of the sort, but I think this argument for Dispells to stop taking pips is invalid. That's just how it is. This is like asking KI to change Mana Burn so it doesn't take your pips.
Sure... Mana burn doesn't have a secondary utility effect it just takes pips... Dispels have 2 utility effects ... dispels opponents next card and takes away pips based on the cards pip cost...

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
Prodigious Helper on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
Sure... Mana burn doesn't have a secondary utility effect it just takes pips... Dispels have 2 utility effects ... dispels opponents next card and takes away pips based on the cards pip cost...
Yes it does. Mana Burn does 80 damage per pip and the opponent loses three pips. Look at the spell yourself.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Mana_Burn#axzz4UYqnu2ZB

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
Destiny HawkCatche... on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
Yes it does. Mana Burn does 80 damage per pip and the opponent loses three pips. Look at the spell yourself.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Mana_Burn#axzz4UYqnu2ZB
Damage is not a utility.... like I said a secondary utility effect not just 2 effects..

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
Prodigious Helper on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
Damage is not a utility.... like I said a secondary utility effect not just 2 effects..
Alright sure, but you get what I'm trying to say. A Dispel would essentially be pointless if it stopped taking pips. It would be the same as Smokescreen. If KI changed it, then they might as well get rid of it. It sounds like you want the game to be too easy. Dispels work in your favor when you use them, and they don't when theyre used on you. Dispels create variety. If you want, you could ask KI to give each school a negative accuracy charm and get rid of the Dispels, but I'd much rather take away my opponent's pips, too. As a Theurgist, I love having two Entangles attached to Gnomes! It would kind of suck if they were taken away since that's my primary attack for enemies that like to heal themselves. I'm not trying to offend those in favor of changing the Dispel cards, but I hope KI isn't taking you all seriously. The proposed change isn't though out very well to me.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Torpzun26 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
You're allowed to have the opinion that Dispels should not take pips from the target, but this is honestly quite absurd. First you make an accusation that not only is completely irrelevant to the topic, but also has no proof despite being "obvious". And then you end your post with something else that isn't quite on topic and if anything suggests that Jade users are the main users of Dispels, or at least in the "dirty bad evil cheating" way.

OT: I don't PVP myself, but at the same time I don't want to be completely dismissive of it. I'm just not a fan of stepping into PVP in most things. The Dispel Block idea seems to be worth a try, as it keeps the Dispel's function of punishing predictability quite harshly while making it so that you can't just Dispel your opponent down to nothingness. Plus, it could probably be implemented into PVE so that various cheating bosses don't get Dispel-locked into normal bosses or even giant targets, but I may be in the minority in supporting that considering the backlash KI got when they stopped Baba Yaga's and The Rat's cheats from being dispelled.
its revelant alright. Its a comment and nothing more too it