Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic: Future things that we need.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
I've already posted a lot about the new castle magic update, but I don't have one up yet about things that we need - specifically TC effects.

1) Anything that uses numbers in increments of 250, 100, and 50 - we need smaller/smallest. We need "move 5 units east" and "move 1 unit east." We need the same for up and down. This would allow us to fine tune our homes in a way that isn't possible right now. The only thing that can be done as of now in terms of finer tuning is the "move object slightly towards me" command - an option that is both cumbersome and inefficient.

2) The same goes for angles. We need "turn 5 degrees" and "turn 1 degree" rotation capability. The houses you guys have really get under my skin. There are SO many places in a home that are just set up on some weird angle and because of that I can't place something that makes sense. Even with a change as fine tuned as 15 degrees I am STILL finding areas that aren't compatible with what I want to put there.

Example: Try to put a door in the entrance to the bath house/bath area in the outside section of the Myth House. Can't be done. Period. What kind of angle was this built on???

3) I have posted about this a couple of times and nothing has been done about it. I have stitched wands where I needed the wand to be a different school displayed but for the wand to have the same look. But they will display 90 degrees to the left/clockwise. This bug has gone ignored despite my pleas. A new TC would fix the problem completely: This new TC would be a rotation specifically for wands that would rotate only the wand itself and not the school symbol behind it. this also lets people get creative in how they'd like to display their wands, A lot of these wands look better in profile than they do straight on.

4) I think this is more of a want than a need (something new rather than improving what is already there), but I think it could be cool to have a Pivot command: A TC that allows an objects angle to be changed on its latitude/y axis. Right now, we can only do that on its longitude/x axis.

Who else has observations of commands that we're lacking that we need? Not necessarily want, but need.

Survivor
May 16, 2013
To add to this, here's some things I'd like to see happen.

You guys have already touched on this with me personally, but to repeat for others, I'd love to see more intersection between castle magic and pets/mounts. For instance, I'd like to be able to turn pets certain ways for one. Another thing I'd love to do is use castle magic to attach a pet to breadcrumbs. Here's a possible scenario: imagine you want an ominous raven guarding something (let's say a well), but you want other people to stumble on this by surprise. Imagine if you could have it so that when they enter the area (using that blue area ball thing, whatever that's called) the pet appears with a flash of lightning but is then attached to a breadcrumb that allows it swoop around the well in a loop, only to disappear when you leave. (This spell might be something like "activate breadcrumb", that you'd use in conjunction with a reflector for the following scenario.)

Another thing I'd love to see, and was surprised not to see this, is a spell to stop the music. At my house, when you enter the sacred forest, castle magic makes the Arcanum play in the back ground and fairies and unicorns appear. But when you leave I'm able to make them disappear again, but I'd like the music to stop. It gives it that extra special, magical feeling.

I can also imagine an interesting scenario when you could have a lush house with fun, spunky music going and have a location where the player enters where the music suddenly stops, creating a creepy, eerie feel.

Thank you once again for this marvelous idea, KI! It really has been quite lovely!

Defender
May 02, 2015
Cemirror on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:

You guys have already touched on this with me personally, but to repeat for others, I'd love to see more intersection between castle magic and pets/mounts. For instance, I'd like to be able to turn pets certain ways for one. Another thing I'd love to do is use castle magic to attach a pet to breadcrumbs. Here's a possible scenario: imagine you want an ominous raven guarding something (let's say a well), but you want other people to stumble on this by surprise. Imagine if you could have it so that when they enter the area (using that blue area ball thing, whatever that's called) the pet appears with a flash of lightning but is then attached to a breadcrumb that allows it swoop around the well in a loop, only to disappear when you leave. (This spell might be something like "activate breadcrumb", that you'd use in conjunction with a reflector for the following scenario.)

Another thing I'd love to see, and was surprised not to see this, is a spell to stop the music. At my house, when you enter the sacred forest, castle magic makes the Arcanum play in the back ground and fairies and unicorns appear. But when you leave I'm able to make them disappear again, but I'd like the music to stop. It gives it that extra special, magical feeling.

I can also imagine an interesting scenario when you could have a lush house with fun, spunky music going and have a location where the player enters where the music suddenly stops, creating a creepy, eerie feel.

Thank you once again for this marvelous idea, KI! It really has been quite lovely!
Activate bread crumb: Good idea. And whatever else might be needed to have them return to the original place/action. I haven't done much pet/mount stuff, so I'm not sure if something else would be needed.

Stop music: Also good idea. I'm guessing that you've tried this, but for now can't you set up (I think) a detect player point and funnel through so that you have to walk through it and then set another to play. You're just setting up another scroll to play.

Stop music would be good though. A lot of magic we still need that honestly, I'm not holding my breath on getting, but a guy can dream.

Defender
May 02, 2015
Cemirror on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:

Also, would recommend bold text for the short hand version of what you want to TC if in case KI actually does look to here for ideas. It will help them navigate the wall of text explanations/detail.