Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 login window

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2016
hello, when I click on the wizard101 icon on my desktop and the window opens, it's just the wizard101 logo and says "view the latest news" underneath it. the background is white. I'm still able to log into the game so that's no issue. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on fixing this.

I have not uninstalled and reinstalled wizard101 as I don't want everything to go to boxes again and be reloaded as well as worlds have to load their data again.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Unfortunately this is a symptom of using Windows XP and Wizard101. Due to security certificate issues with Windows XP we were unable to fix the Wizard101 launcher to display webpages in a proper way. Previously many Windows XP users were getting a notification that the game was "temporarily unavailable" or being presented with a black screen (More about this can be found here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/temporarily-unavailable-8ad6a42657b7f3320157e0171e6e1082?page=1 ).

Our temporary fix was to instead provide you with a link so you may view the news in a browser.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
Dworgyn on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
Unfortunately this is a symptom of using Windows XP and Wizard101. Due to security certificate issues with Windows XP we were unable to fix the Wizard101 launcher to display webpages in a proper way. Previously many Windows XP users were getting a notification that the game was "temporarily unavailable" or being presented with a black screen (More about this can be found here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/temporarily-unavailable-8ad6a42657b7f3320157e0171e6e1082?page=1 ).

Our temporary fix was to instead provide you with a link so you may view the news in a browser.

It's ok :)
I'm actually on a macbook pro. But thanx for letting me know I appretiate it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dworgyn on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:

I have the same issue with the login screen but it is better than a black screen with blocks in it...As long as I can login and play I am fine with it. Yes, I am using XP.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2016
Im on a MacBook Pro and have a similar issue. It won't let me Log in at all. Tried multiple account, multiple Wireless internet connections, Uninstall/Reinstall, Firewall allowing the game, updated the Operating System for the MacBook Pro. No Error code even

Timothy SoulShard, Lvl. 114

Explorer
May 25, 2016
OfficialChimera on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
Im on a MacBook Pro and have a similar issue. It won't let me Log in at all. Tried multiple account, multiple Wireless internet connections, Uninstall/Reinstall, Firewall allowing the game, updated the Operating System for the MacBook Pro. No Error code even

Timothy SoulShard, Lvl. 114
Have you tried logging in on another computer? It could just be your computer maybe.