Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadowwock

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Hey I think the shadowwock in Mirage should be removed an replaced with a less intensive Boss. Something far less difficult. Honestly when you lose to it 30 times in a row you question your entire life. Please consider removing shadowwock. Or nerf its Shadow meteor strike so it doesnt do 4000 an kill the entire team.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I made a guide to the Shadowwock (and the 2 previous bosses). You can use Bad Juju and/or Legion Shield to help take the shadow meteor blow. If you time it correctly, you'll be able to take him out in 3 rounds using the +200% trap.

Round by Round:
  • Round 1: Blade, Blade, Blade, Blade
  • Round 2: Bad Juju/Legion Shield, Blade (Or Bad Juju/Legion Shield if you’re first), Blade, Blade
  • Round 3: Indemnity Feint, Blade, Blade, Hit

You would need 2 Bad Juju (or Legion Shield) if you're first to make sure the Shadowwock doesn't use it up on his regular turn. A protected feint with Indemnity will stick and he won't be able to swap the traps.

I hope that helps!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
I am fire an I Dont have Bad juju. Also not a ton of friends and this doesn't seem to be soloable. Any suggestions to soloing Him?

Defender
May 02, 2015
It is a rather odd boss that doesn't make sense. Fighting two bosses from wizard city first then this guy?

Either have all nostalgic boss fights or all epic/memorable boss fights. Not a mix.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
luckguy93 on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
It is a rather odd boss that doesn't make sense. Fighting two bosses from wizard city first then this guy?

Either have all nostalgic boss fights or all epic/memorable boss fights. Not a mix.
It goes Wizard City, Krokotopia, and then Avalon, I think. Although, they could've chosen a Marleybone boss (Maybe a Freddy Nine Lives?) instead of the Jabberwock.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Maycast on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
I am fire an I Dont have Bad juju. Also not a ton of friends and this doesn't seem to be soloable. Any suggestions to soloing Him?
It'd definitely be a tough solo. The only thing I would recommend is hitting on round 3 to use the +200% trap and hopefully kill him before he kills you.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Dec 18, 2014
Vanessa Mythdust on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:
I made a guide to the Shadowwock (and the 2 previous bosses). You can use Bad Juju and/or Legion Shield to help take the shadow meteor blow. If you time it correctly, you'll be able to take him out in 3 rounds using the +200% trap.

Round by Round:
  • Round 1: Blade, Blade, Blade, Blade
  • Round 2: Bad Juju/Legion Shield, Blade (Or Bad Juju/Legion Shield if you’re first), Blade, Blade
  • Round 3: Indemnity Feint, Blade, Blade, Hit

You would need 2 Bad Juju (or Legion Shield) if you're first to make sure the Shadowwock doesn't use it up on his regular turn. A protected feint with Indemnity will stick and he won't be able to swap the traps.

I hope that helps!

~Vanessa Mythdust
except there is a problem with that strategy. and that problem is being able to stay alive long enough to even pull off an attack.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Brady FireBlade on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
except there is a problem with that strategy. and that problem is being able to stay alive long enough to even pull off an attack.
You should easily live that long with a team. It's not a fight that's meant to be done solo, though it is possible, but three or four players can do it without much trouble. Use the round cycle to your advantage, as Vanessa said.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Brady FireBlade on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
The meteor only does around 3000 damage, which everyone can easily survive as ALL schools at this point have way over that amount of health. Furthermore, whenever I farm Shadowwock on my Storm, I only have 5 cards in my deck, so there's no way I won't pull up my attack by the 3rd round.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
If you can't get in with a death wizard, try to have bad juju tc in your side deck.