Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Last part of mirage,

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Dear KI,

Yesterday I finished Mirage on my ice and felt very disappointed by how easy it was to defeat Old Cob, what also took my notice is that there was no gear anywhere to be found that was better suited for my wizard then the Darkmoor gear mixed with some Polaris stuff. Together with the decay of critical and block this has really bummed me out.

I would really appreciate if you guys could look into this and maybe change a few things here and there (increase difficulty old cob as well, it was extremely underwhelming). What I could suggest what would be a great thing to do is instead of just making new Darkmoor gear which is good in every stat, make it so that the 4 bosses of the final area each drop better more specific gear (so not just an increase of all the stats on a few items but a higher increase on a few stats on more different items). I think this would be really amazing to implement since it gives us more options to "customize" our wizards.

Also this would make it so not all the max levels have basically exactly the same gear with the only difference in pet and 1/2 items :)

The new level 118 spells are great and all and I really love the mechanic but I think they are to weak when divided, the spells would be way more viable if instead of dealing 50%, 33% and 25% of the damage it would ve around 75%, 66% and 50% it would make the spell a lot better while still be not overpowered.
Kind regards,

Denise

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
the part about the last spell i do totally agree with, it gets pretty weak, however it is only a 4 pip shadow spell so it can't be too powerful, especially when you compare it to any other 4 pip spells. it fills a large gap in the attacking mechanics which is great.

as for the gear. crafted gear is no better. dropped gear is no better. crown shop gear is no better. and by this point your stats have decayed noticeably.

End Result- your wizard is weaker with the same gear stats, and if you choose to swap critical for pip conversion, your wizard will feel the burn as pip conversion is far less often and bugged than critical system as of current.

*personal side note
compared to old world gear, mirage gear seems lackluster in appearance, disappointing even.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
gerwini440 on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
Dear KI,

Yesterday I finished Mirage on my ice and felt very disappointed by how easy it was to defeat Old Cob, what also took my notice is that there was no gear anywhere to be found that was better suited for my wizard then the Darkmoor gear mixed with some Polaris stuff. Together with the decay of critical and block this has really bummed me out.

I would really appreciate if you guys could look into this and maybe change a few things here and there (increase difficulty old cob as well, it was extremely underwhelming). What I could suggest what would be a great thing to do is instead of just making new Darkmoor gear which is good in every stat, make it so that the 4 bosses of the final area each drop better more specific gear (so not just an increase of all the stats on a few items but a higher increase on a few stats on more different items). I think this would be really amazing to implement since it gives us more options to "customize" our wizards.

Also this would make it so not all the max levels have basically exactly the same gear with the only difference in pet and 1/2 items :)

The new level 118 spells are great and all and I really love the mechanic but I think they are to weak when divided, the spells would be way more viable if instead of dealing 50%, 33% and 25% of the damage it would ve around 75%, 66% and 50% it would make the spell a lot better while still be not overpowered.
Kind regards,

Denise
I do agree, about the Old Cob (Grandfather Spider) battle, very sad. When I saw him cast storm serpent, I was like "Is this a joke?". He is the great villain, and they have him casting the same spells that was seen all of Mirage.

Should have been a tiny bit more challenging.

As for the gear, I think its okay to not get much from him, because this not the final battle with Spider. We should have got gear from Xerxes though.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
It's not the final time we fight him. Obviously in the fifth world of the third arc, whatever that may be we will fight him again and I'd imagine he'll be much harder

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Whether or not this is the final time we fight him, I just think as a final boss of a world he should have been harder to defeat, in all the previous worlds the final boss stood out from all others. This time it didn't at all.