Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Private Realm

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
When I am questing, most of the time I do not like being disturbed. Sometimes I wish that there could be a private realm that only allows me and my friends to be in or maybe just a realm that people have to port to the person to be able to get there. People will just tell me to go to an empty realm but realms are never fully empty, there will always be someone there. I like to quest by myself or just with friends, I find it more enjoyable and I can get through the game a lot faster. It would just be so great to have something like that, like a private party realm or something.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
While seeming nice, creating millions of realms just so everyone could have a private one is ridiculous. It'd take longer to do that than to make the next world.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2015
frostednutella on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
When I am questing, most of the time I do not like being disturbed. Sometimes I wish that there could be a private realm that only allows me and my friends to be in or maybe just a realm that people have to port to the person to be able to get there. People will just tell me to go to an empty realm but realms are never fully empty, there will always be someone there. I like to quest by myself or just with friends, I find it more enjoyable and I can get through the game a lot faster. It would just be so great to have something like that, like a private party realm or something.
Highly unlikely due to the fact that this is an mmo
It would make little to no sense that Kingsisle would implant this in the game

Survivor
Nov 27, 2016
Kingsisle host all of the realms, each person having a private realm just wouldn't work. (or even having the option of their own private realm) This is including the fact that as of yet, Kingsisle hasn't had the reason to develop a realm that a player can host themselves. So without a system to do it, or a reason to develop it, I guess you have to stick to the nearly empty realms.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
The only way I could see privacy happening for battles is if they created an option in settings for a private party barrier ring that prevents random people from joining you in battle. The exception would be members that have joined your group. It would also exclude ports from people other than your group.

Because I am wicked, I would have it be kind of rubbery so people bounce off it a ways. And it would have a satisfying Boing! sound. But that's just me.

Cheers!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
What I was meaning was that there would be an option to create such an option where you yourself would click create a realm and name it something that is in the Wizard101 dictionary. If a realm already had the same name then you would pick a different name. The realm could either have a password or not. I understand that this is a game meant to be with other players but there should be exceptions to such players who don't feel like being social at the time. This could also be useful in avoiding mutes because you'd be seperated from some of those annoying people who are just there to be annoying and start fights. Also if you are not in the best mood at the moment, this would be another great way to avoid getting muted.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
That's a bit too in depth. And the first guy who replied's right: that would take too long to update. Besides, this an MMORPG. Multiplayer bro. You gotta think.