Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug or Expected?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
There are mobs and bosses in Mirage that are of Death school but they strangely resist Life school damage and boost to Death school damage. Is this a bug or was this purposely implemented?

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Emma SpiritCaller on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
There are mobs and bosses in Mirage that are of Death school but they strangely resist Life school damage and boost to Death school damage. Is this a bug or was this purposely implemented?
There was a boss in Mirage that was Death & Life. I am a life wizard. I used a prism, turning it to death damage. They had much lower resist than other 1 schooled bosses.

I don't think it should have boosted, but it could have been purposely implemented.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2013
Pretty sure that these "Death Mobs" you refer to are the undead mobs, in which since they are ghosts they don't like life and prefer death I think that's why Kingsisle made them boost death, however other death mobs resist death and boost life

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
AaronTheDeathMaste... on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
Pretty sure that these "Death Mobs" you refer to are the undead mobs, in which since they are ghosts they don't like life and prefer death I think that's why Kingsisle made them boost death, however other death mobs resist death and boost life
No no I specifically mean "Death School" mobs (and some bosses). They are of death school and strangely resist life damage and boost to death damage. I just want to know if they purposely did that or made the mistake of using that mechanic in Mirage.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Emma SpiritCaller on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
I've noticed this as well.

I don't know of any announcement of intent from KI, but recent skeleton key fights have really changed up the rules on boosts and resists. Mirage has introduced multi-school enemies as well. I'm guessing that this is as intended.

That said, there are at least a couple of enemies who have pierce or melee attack values that seem to be ten times higher than appropriate. It may be that the table of statistics for Mirage is messed up in some way.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
To go along with this, I am wondering if this sort of boost/resist has affected any other school(s) thus far. For instance, I do not think I've met a Life enemy that my Life attack boosts to, but I have met the Deaths that resist my Life attacks.

None of my friends that I've talked to have noticed a difference with their respective school, but most of them mentioned that they may not have paid attention.

Let me know if anyone else has experienced this happening outside Death enemies! Thanks in advance.

Best of luck!
S.S.