Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase Jewel Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The more I log onto wizard101 to farm for jewels the more I realize how frustratingly annoying this game can get. After literal weeks of straight farming a boss for triangle jewels for my low level, I've been getting absolutely nothing jewel-wise. I even tried switching up bosses to get the same jewel but the drop rate seems to be as small as finding a grain of sand in a salt pile.

The game is already a complete grind. You farm for waterworks gear, then Atlantea gear, Tartarus gear, Darkmoor gear, certain amulets, certain decks, and everything is just completely frustrating at the moment. Jewel drop chances (specifically triangle jewels) need a massive increase in drop chance or at least make a lot of them craftable. In my months of farming, I've never gotten one Sprite Jade, Satyr Jade, Weakness Citrine, Dual Iceblade Sapphire, Dual Fireblade Sapphire, or any of the sort dropped by a mob or boss. I could literally spend all my life farming and not get one of these.

Please increase drop rates for jewels and quit making wizard101 the most frustrating MMO of the decade. Who else agrees?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
PvP King on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
The more I log onto wizard101 to farm for jewels the more I realize how frustratingly annoying this game can get. After literal weeks of straight farming a boss for triangle jewels for my low level, I've been getting absolutely nothing jewel-wise. I even tried switching up bosses to get the same jewel but the drop rate seems to be as small as finding a grain of sand in a salt pile.

The game is already a complete grind. You farm for waterworks gear, then Atlantea gear, Tartarus gear, Darkmoor gear, certain amulets, certain decks, and everything is just completely frustrating at the moment. Jewel drop chances (specifically triangle jewels) need a massive increase in drop chance or at least make a lot of them craftable. In my months of farming, I've never gotten one Sprite Jade, Satyr Jade, Weakness Citrine, Dual Iceblade Sapphire, Dual Fireblade Sapphire, or any of the sort dropped by a mob or boss. I could literally spend all my life farming and not get one of these.

Please increase drop rates for jewels and quit making wizard101 the most frustrating MMO of the decade. Who else agrees?
I do agree that Jewels should drop more often. Anything before Polaris, they almost NEVER drop nowadays. In Mirage, Kingsisle seems to have been listening to people's feedback, and Jewels actually drop nearly every fight. Several times, multiple Jewels are actually dropped, with a couple usually being Lustrous Accurate 11% ones.

*If you want the Duel blade Jewels, then I suggest you farm Mahon Starsearcher. He drops them quite often.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
To be fair, I don't think this thread got enough attention. Is anyone else struggling to get level 95 and under jewels?