Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade needs A NERF.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
If KI nerfed Jade gear at this late date there would be a major revolt from people who spent a ton of money getting it. Honestly, in today's meta it really is not the issue everyone makes it out to be.
It is definitely a huge issue. I don't like taking the risk to go up against a jade and be stuck in a PvP match for over an hour.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
frostednutella on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
It is definitely a huge issue. I don't like taking the risk to go up against a jade and be stuck in a PvP match for over an hour.
Is this happening in teams, 1 v 1? At what level are you having these issues?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
DarkAce88 on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
Wow what a rude post, here is what you basically said "Well its not my problem, you solve it, i'm not going to do anything but just explain how i personally gain from this by wasting other peoples time by turtling matches that go on for 2 hours or more because they can't hurt since they don't have the right gear. And if they don't then too bad, they just need to grind for gear to beat my gear that i just paid for, wasting even more of their time"

Second, what are you talking about asking him how to make a guide on how to beat enemies as a angel from second, that's a near sighted reply because not everyone even has a life wizard or uses them for pvp. Even if there was a large population of life wizards, that wouldn't fix the jade/GS problem it would just encourage the use for it by giving people a guide to use it.

Third, you talk as if everyone has the free time as you do, not everyone can grind for the gear or pet to counter jade.

Fourth, Jades are a huge problem in pvp and are viewed with disdain because they turtle(Turtling: To prolong a match by being passive, while being unable to die or attack, forcing the other player into a 2 hour match or longer until one of them give up, 2 hours of their life just for 16 points which isn't worth it)

Fifth, Jade gear should be banned from pvp same as GS, then returned to their original values, due to people like you that abuse its power. You even admit to technically turtling, since the enemy can't hurt you, you just sit there and stack guardian spirit on top of your resist.
You just answered why Jades doesn't need a nerf yourself. Most half-decent PvPers are properly equipped to go into the Arena and you choosing to not grind for the best possible gear option is at your own discretion and limits the progress you can make as far as PvP rank goes.

Jades aren't a huge problem in PvP at all. Any school at any level can get more than enough armor pierce to be able to counter a Jade's resist. At level 60, you can easily get 11% armor pierce without sacrificing any stats. At 70, this goes up to 16%. At level 80, you can get over 20% armor pierce to deal with a jade's resist. At level 90, you have access to base armor pierce that is half of a Jade's resist while being able to use Shrike to your advantage. Jade resist is easily countered at every single level.

However, your point on Guardian Spirit being difficult to overcome is correct now that attack spells cannot be multiplied. Another problem is that we can't multiply heal mitigation anymore and this is why level 50-80 PvP is deserted. Funny since those were the most popular PvP levels by far just a couple weeks ago.

From second, you stood a chance against somebody with large heal boost because you multiplied Infections. Right now, you can't reduce the amount your opponent can heal effectively. Doom and Gloom is also not an option from second because you're blind as to when your opponent will change the Doom and Gloom you put up and will simply heal in that one turn window that they have with their Sanctuary/any 2 pip bubble up.

So the issue isn't Jade gear itself, it's the fact that high heal boost is highly supported in the current level 50-89 meta and has absolutely no counters to it anymore like we used to have through simply multiplying healing mitigation and more attacks.

Another thing PvP absolutely needs is a revamp of the turn system into something similar in Pirate101 so the player going second isn't blind to crucial bubble changes.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
Is this happening in teams, 1 v 1? At what level are you having these issues?
Well the last it happened I was PvPing on a lvl110 and it was a 1v1 match. If you don't think this ever happens well...it does.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
PvP King on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
You just answered why Jades doesn't need a nerf yourself. Most half-decent PvPers are properly equipped to go into the Arena and you choosing to not grind for the best possible gear option is at your own discretion and limits the progress you can make as far as PvP rank goes.

Jades aren't a huge problem in PvP at all. Any school at any level can get more than enough armor pierce to be able to counter a Jade's resist. At level 60, you can easily get 11% armor pierce without sacrificing any stats. At 70, this goes up to 16%. At level 80, you can get over 20% armor pierce to deal with a jade's resist. At level 90, you have access to base armor pierce that is half of a Jade's resist while being able to use Shrike to your advantage. Jade resist is easily countered at every single level.

However, your point on Guardian Spirit being difficult to overcome is correct now that attack spells cannot be multiplied. Another problem is that we can't multiply heal mitigation anymore and this is why level 50-80 PvP is deserted. Funny since those were the most popular PvP levels by far just a couple weeks ago.

From second, you stood a chance against somebody with large heal boost because you multiplied Infections. Right now, you can't reduce the amount your opponent can heal effectively. Doom and Gloom is also not an option from second because you're blind as to when your opponent will change the Doom and Gloom you put up and will simply heal in that one turn window that they have with their Sanctuary/any 2 pip bubble up.

So the issue isn't Jade gear itself, it's the fact that high heal boost is highly supported in the current level 50-89 meta and has absolutely no counters to it anymore like we used to have through simply multiplying healing mitigation and more attacks.

Another thing PvP absolutely needs is a revamp of the turn system into something similar in Pirate101 so the player going second isn't blind to crucial bubble changes.
Could you be anymore transcending to people that are new or not good to pvp?

Jewels aren't a means to get pierce at low lvl, cause you either have to grind so much that you forget what the sun looks like or you get them by crowns. That low pierce won't help any low levels against jades.

Anywho pvp king, lets 1v1 sometime, i wonder how good is the person named "Pvp king" Levels can be 1-110 for the pvp match, maybe up to 117 since i don't have 118 spells, which would give you a unfair advantage. And no setting please, its just annoying when someone sets for a another person's school.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009

On the side note, storm needs to have original critical back for pvp, just for storm. Since currently storm is the worst school to 1v1 with near and at max level, but i make it work, having previous experience getting to warlord. I made my storm a captain. I would be a warlord again but i'm going to wait for me to get to lvl 120 so i don't get wrecked by 118 shadow spells. Also storm darkmoor gear needs a big damage bonus, cause i don't see the reason for storm to have low health, when all the other schools can have equal to storm damage with the right pet. Making storm the weakest school.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012

We have had this turn system forever i think so i doubt they will ever change that, the only thing i think we could suggest better is another solution to give the person going second as an advantage to fight back the person going first same thing for teams but not a op suggestion that will make the person going first have a total disadvantage either... weird right? lol.

Just my opinion.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
DarkAce88 on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Could you be anymore transcending to people that are new or not good to pvp?

Jewels aren't a means to get pierce at low lvl, cause you either have to grind so much that you forget what the sun looks like or you get them by crowns. That low pierce won't help any low levels against jades.

Anywho pvp king, lets 1v1 sometime, i wonder how good is the person named "Pvp king" Levels can be 1-110 for the pvp match, maybe up to 117 since i don't have 118 spells, which would give you a unfair advantage. And no setting please, its just annoying when someone sets for a another person's school.
New to PvP or not, it's common sense to go into the Arena with the best gear possibly equipped whether that means getting the proper jewels or not. Other people have been through the grind so you can do it too. Also, it's natural that a game would demand its pay-for currency to ascend your chances at ranking up in the Arena, so paying for jewels is something any competitive player should opt for if you don't want to farm. Remember, there's crowns giving ads and KIFreeGames trivias that give you crowns to help pay for those packs.

I don't have a level 120 at the moment (nor will I have one anytime soon because critical/block drop so much) and I don't play my levels 30, 60, 76, or 110 Balance anymore (Reshuffle changes killed them off) so I only have a has-been 100 Storm, a 79-4 Legendary Fire, or a 50-2 Grandmaster Ice, which too, have been made useless for PvP ever since Reshuffle changed. The levels suggested are all broken at the moment but if you want to play a match where neither side can win within the first 2 hours then okay.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
DarkAce88 on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
On the side note, storm needs to have original critical back for pvp, just for storm. Since currently storm is the worst school to 1v1 with near and at max level, but i make it work, having previous experience getting to warlord. I made my storm a captain. I would be a warlord again but i'm going to wait for me to get to lvl 120 so i don't get wrecked by 118 shadow spells. Also storm darkmoor gear needs a big damage bonus, cause i don't see the reason for storm to have low health, when all the other schools can have equal to storm damage with the right pet. Making storm the weakest school.
That would put Storm well over the bar for an overpowered school if that happened. In PvP, Storm is still a very high damaging school and I don't think KI needs to juice up their damage more. They're already dealing more damage than every other school (at 108+ only, as Fire usurps Storm in damage at every level below) and the issue they face is even with their high damage, a Storm's Rusalka's Wrath will take out less of a health percentage than the opponent can take out a Storm's health percentage with their own Shadow Enhanced Spell. For example, a Rusalka's Wrath would take about 1/3rd of a Balance's health while a Balance's Gaze of Fate will take out 1/2 of a Storm's health. To fix this, KI needs to give Storm more health rather than making it a full out high end damaging school. That seems to be the trend with Polaris and Mirage gear at the moment, as Storm is getting more resist than Fire is but Fire's getting more damage as a trade-off.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
We have had this turn system forever i think so i doubt they will ever change that, the only thing i think we could suggest better is another solution to give the person going second as an advantage to fight back the person going first same thing for teams but not a op suggestion that will make the person going first have a total disadvantage either... weird right? lol.

Just my opinion.
If suggestions or requests rise in large numbers by the player base, most game companies will be inclined to listen to player feedback to keep players entitled to their game. This happened with the critical change last summer and I believe KI is going more ear to player feedback when it comes to PvP, except for Reshuffle last update.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Boo hoo, players get their op troll P2P gear nerfed. Keep in mind, that all people in practice will troll with heal spells, and troll spells with jade armor. Go ahead and cry, it will be so satisfying to see these trolls stopped in their steps in making Wizard101 pvp more agrivating and pain-inducing.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
DevinSkullStone on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Boo hoo, players get their op troll P2P gear nerfed. Keep in mind, that all people in practice will troll with heal spells, and troll spells with jade armor. Go ahead and cry, it will be so satisfying to see these trolls stopped in their steps in making Wizard101 pvp more agrivating and pain-inducing.
Who is this post supposed to be for? No one here is in support of jade gear, the only people that are have too much time to burn.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
PvP King on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
New to PvP or not, it's common sense to go into the Arena with the best gear possibly equipped whether that means getting the proper jewels or not. Other people have been through the grind so you can do it too. Also, it's natural that a game would demand its pay-for currency to ascend your chances at ranking up in the Arena, so paying for jewels is something any competitive player should opt for if you don't want to farm. Remember, there's crowns giving ads and KIFreeGames trivias that give you crowns to help pay for those packs.

I don't have a level 120 at the moment (nor will I have one anytime soon because critical/block drop so much) and I don't play my levels 30, 60, 76, or 110 Balance anymore (Reshuffle changes killed them off) so I only have a has-been 100 Storm, a 79-4 Legendary Fire, or a 50-2 Grandmaster Ice, which too, have been made useless for PvP ever since Reshuffle changed. The levels suggested are all broken at the moment but if you want to play a match where neither side can win within the first 2 hours then okay.
Huh????

Anyway, as i was asking, you want to 1v1 sometime? I want to test that title of yours, and no it won't be a jade fight.
Storm lvl-100 something
Fire lvl -76 (I think)
Ice lvl - 64
life lvl -34(never used)
All Previous Warlords, except for the life
No setting, pets are allowed.
No Guardian Spirit
Tower shields Fine
Basically Like a classic pvp match.
Anyone can watch, can even be at my fantasy Palace(No longer on sale).

Squire
Oct 29, 2011

They are a huge problem, you just don't want it to be a problem because you are a jade user.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
frostednutella on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
They are a huge problem, you just don't want it to be a problem because you are a jade user.
Lol, so anybody that has an easy against Jade despite having 44% armor pierce and 100% damage + Shrike + Counterforce + Infallible is apparently a Jade user? It's not my problem you're incapable of beating the easiest strategy to beat in the current meta despite how hyper aggro it is right now. Rather than crying on the message boards about something the average Corporal can easily get around, go get gear that isn't straight from the Bazaar and then come and tell me you're still having problems.

Also, you giving me random uneducated claims isn't doing anything at all to support your point. Try backing up your claims with the slightest touch of evidence or support on why Jades are such a horrible issue when we have built-in counters to them in the current best gear; like literally everyone else in this message boards has.

If that doesn't work for you and your best argument as to why Jade being a problem is "you're just a Jade user," then go and get Jade gear and tell me about your experiences in the sub-Private ranks, which is what you'll get if you try using today.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
PvP King on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
Lol, so anybody that has an easy against Jade despite having 44% armor pierce and 100% damage + Shrike + Counterforce + Infallible is apparently a Jade user? It's not my problem you're incapable of beating the easiest strategy to beat in the current meta despite how hyper aggro it is right now. Rather than crying on the message boards about something the average Corporal can easily get around, go get gear that isn't straight from the Bazaar and then come and tell me you're still having problems.

Also, you giving me random uneducated claims isn't doing anything at all to support your point. Try backing up your claims with the slightest touch of evidence or support on why Jades are such a horrible issue when we have built-in counters to them in the current best gear; like literally everyone else in this message boards has.

If that doesn't work for you and your best argument as to why Jade being a problem is "you're just a Jade user," then go and get Jade gear and tell me about your experiences in the sub-Private ranks, which is what you'll get if you try using today.
Counter force as in a bubble? You mean a bubble that is quickly removed the next turn after using it?

The main problem people still have with jades is how easy they can heal up no matter how much damage you try to do. you have a ton of pierce even with shrike yes? While Jades can dispel spam, have fortify up, shields and maybe set resist to some schools. Weakness spam also helps their enfeeble pet trigger enfeeble so rip blades also while sitting there for 1-2+ hours.. No problem right? we got pierce but it shouldn't be a problem? lol I don't wanna hear it, pierce isn't the perfect answer to these jades while they dispel, shield, weakness spam and heal they're health back up fast and easy also making the duel take so long for people to finish some have to be forced to flee. This is a problem no matter what you say about " we have pierce though".

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012

Sorry if my last reply sounded like i'm attacking you but Angel jades is a problem ( imo )

If your a Fire or Storm or even a Death with those stats then i can obv see why your saying this.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As a competitive PvP Player, it's hard not to laugh a little at these posts, not to offend anyone though because it is evident that there's some real feelings being conveyed here through these keyboards.

PvP Kings makes some fair points, others have too.

Wanting Jade Gear to be nerfed isn't a crime, however, one made the comment about how that would affect the hundreds that have spent so much gaining the gear.

It just seems that with every possible way of improvement, there's always going to be a way of exploitment.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011

It may be an easy strategy for the user who is the jade, but it ain't so helpful when you're the one countering that gosh darn PvP troll. Oh and in what way is saying that you are a jade user (and I read in your post that you are a jade user) an "uneducated claim. Hey bud, learn to respect other people and treat them like they are living things. You aren't as big and bold as you may think.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
frostednutella on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
It may be an easy strategy for the user who is the jade, but it ain't so helpful when you're the one countering that gosh darn PvP troll. Oh and in what way is saying that you are a jade user (and I read in your post that you are a jade user) an "uneducated claim. Hey bud, learn to respect other people and treat them like they are living things. You aren't as big and bold as you may think.
You're clearly living in your own imagination if you think I said I use Jade gear in PvP, especially after I said it's a terrible way to approach 1v1 in a hyper aggro meta.

Or, you can look at reality and not make a situation out of something that hasn't been a problem since 2014? The only form of Jade that was even remotely a problem past 2014 was Juju Jade, which got pushed into extinction ever since KI changed Reshuffle.

@Sanic, I replied to your post earlier but I'm not sure if it got sent to KI since I lost Wi-Fi when I hit submit. If it isn't sent, I'll try typing it again.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
frostednutella on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
So it's quite alright to call players who use a strategy you don't like trolls. However when someone tells you to stop crying on the message boards suddenly one must "learn to respect other people and treat them like they are living things". In the very same post no less....

priceless.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
frostednutella on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Well the last it happened I was PvPing on a lvl110 and it was a 1v1 match. If you don't think this ever happens well...it does.
I know it happens, but at that level you have enough pierce and shadow shrike to deal with it.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009

I disagree with you on all jade users being in the sub-private ranks as I'm a warlord in this meta and I know a couple of life overlord jade users. I would guess because I am what eric stormbringer would classify in his 'how to' guide as an offensive angel. More specifically, I guess I would further define it as nova angel, as dark nova is my main way to defeat opponents, but I also carry other hits, blades and plenty of traps.

(Paging Eric Stormbringer. Would love to see the Dark Nova update to your "How to defeat angels" post).

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
Counter force as in a bubble? You mean a bubble that is quickly removed the next turn after using it?

The main problem people still have with jades is how easy they can heal up no matter how much damage you try to do. you have a ton of pierce even with shrike yes? While Jades can dispel spam, have fortify up, shields and maybe set resist to some schools. Weakness spam also helps their enfeeble pet trigger enfeeble so rip blades also while sitting there for 1-2+ hours.. No problem right? we got pierce but it shouldn't be a problem? lol I don't wanna hear it, pierce isn't the perfect answer to these jades while they dispel, shield, weakness spam and heal they're health back up fast and easy also making the duel take so long for people to finish some have to be forced to flee. This is a problem no matter what you say about " we have pierce though".
Hopefully my connection doesn't die out again.. Anyway I outlined Counterforce as one of the many options players have to get around armor pierce, it wasn't meant to be the focal point of my message. Regardless, changing the bubble is good bait to get the Jade open without a shield since they'll spend a turn changing the bubble.

Dealing more damage than a Jade heals is extremely easy since we have 4 pip, 5 pip and 6 pip Shadow Enhanced Spells that all do far more damage than a Jade can heal. Not to mention you have a solid chance to get a critical hit through their resist and they can't even critical their heals. A Jade with high heal boost is greatly sacrificing critical block.

While dispel spam in an issue against even aggressive players and not Jade alone, you can easily counter by using 0 pip spells to give them a horrible pip exchange or use dispels of your own.

For Fortify, Shrike plus your base armor pierce makes that + Jade resist useless, and Infallible is still an option. Plus Balance gets Supernova to crush Jades easily.

To counter shields, every school in the game (except Storm & Balance; both schools that easily tear Jades apart) gets a DoT or a way to remove shields efficiently. Another method to get around them is to pack 2 minions in your deck. Not only are they amazing against Jades but they're great against schools that try to blade up and Shrike such as Ice. Just watch out for Icebird which will give them a positive pip exchange.

You never need more than 2 blades to take out a Jade when you're in Shrike and Enfeeble is nowhere near consistent enough to remove 2 blades every time you try to put them up.

Another good idea is to watch for what the Jade is using. Currently, a Jade will pack 7 max shields of any form. After they run out, they need to Reshuffle. Take advantage of this and use Feint TC into Shrike and your Shadow Enhanced Spell and you'll either OHKO or 2HKO the Jade without issue.

As I said, Jade is extremely easy to beat in this meta.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
PvP King on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
You're clearly living in your own imagination if you think I said I use Jade gear in PvP, especially after I said it's a terrible way to approach 1v1 in a hyper aggro meta.

Or, you can look at reality and not make a situation out of something that hasn't been a problem since 2014? The only form of Jade that was even remotely a problem past 2014 was Juju Jade, which got pushed into extinction ever since KI changed Reshuffle.

@Sanic, I replied to your post earlier but I'm not sure if it got sent to KI since I lost Wi-Fi when I hit submit. If it isn't sent, I'll try typing it again.
It seems that the posts from other people has confused me into thinking that you were doing a jade juju set up. I actually have been forced against a jade juju person recently, it's still a pain.