Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade needs A NERF.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 05, 2013
I am done with jades wasting my time. I am done with this. I am done facing jades that spam sanctuary and healing all the time. I am done with these kids who have unlimited time. Not only do jades sprinkle around all of practice pvp 4v4, 3v3, and ranked 1v1, they have an op resistance which is shinanigans. Think to when lower levels dont have shrike or anything like that as well. Watch pvp come to life when jade gear is nerfed. Watch 4v4 practice just come to life.

4v4 practice is actually a big deal. I see them 95% of the time in matches. They will spam virulent plague, plague, beguile, tower shield, & when balance are not around, fortify. They will also spam unicorn, rebirth, & have even juju and sanctuary. Along with massive healing and a massive amount of resistance. Here is how we are gonna fix the jade.

Make it that jades have -40% healing in exchange for massive resistance. Not only will this stop spam healing, but it will make the jade empire stop wasting peoples time and making people mad with their shinanigans. With their healing out, it should still be balanced. I feel it would be greatly balanced and bring PVP back to life. Still, being able to spam juju, virulent plague, beguile, spam tower shield, plague, fortify, black mantle, weakness, feint, hex, smoke screen, stun, destroy tower shields , spam legion shield, spam minions, some balance being able to destroy auras, cast sanctuary, cast guiding light, use triage, use guardian spirit, do mass infection, & sacrifice, I feel that jade will be completely balanced and have more strategy put into using jade deck and stop jades from spam healing and trolling.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Agreed.

Jade is OP. Delete it from the game.

If you don't want to delete it, just change it's stats. For example, no rebirth. Rebirth is a special card to life wizards. Me, as a life, doesn't want storm wizards using rebirth! It's a card just for life. I mean, HELLO! I CAN'T CAST A STORM SPELL! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF EVERYBODY THAT HAS THIS CERTAIN GEAR PIECE (WHICH IS OP) IS USING YOUR FAVORITE HEALING SPELL IN THE GAME! HUH?

Went crazy, but it's all true.

Please game do something about this!

Katie LifeSword Level 92
Isabella WaterRider Level 40
Abigail FireWard Level 19

AND MORE!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
With all the ways you can get armor pierce in the game you should be able to find a solution. So find some ways to adjust or stop wasting your time asking for nerfs.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Mr Talon on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
With all the ways you can get armor pierce in the game you should be able to find a solution. So find some ways to adjust or stop wasting your time asking for nerfs.
oh like what, even if I somehow have shrike at lvl 70(not my real lvl) they can just heal, oh and lets not forget the damage got reduced because of their virulent plague. Oh and it also hit my whole team since I got beguiled. Oh and I also had to wait 4 turns because I got dispelled. Oh, and also I got mana burned by a balance jade. Oh and also i'm DEAD now

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Mr Talon on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
Comments like these are really annoying, cause they completely pretend like people won't try to counter their own weaknesses. You say use pierce, yet the jade can just spam tc shields or use tc shielding aura for more defense against pierce.

For example my storm has 103 damage and 43 pierce normally. You may think that enough to deal with jade but its not, cause they can have like 68 defense, 43 card defense and tc star defense spells. Making all my attacks do hardly any damage, I could have 50 pierce naturally but that brings my power pips to 88% which is really unreliable for a storm when you do 1v1 and have the lowest health in the game. Like seriously, there are ice with 8k health but now do to the new world that just came out there are ice with prob 10k health and still having OP stats, having 55 resist to all plus card resist while having 80-110 damage but that is a story for another topic.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
It's funny seeing people complain for a jade nerf. When I use it there are two types of players I face. The ones who chew through it like I have on no gear at all, and the ones who come here and post "jade needs a nerf".

Maybe instead of wasting your time asking for something that's really not likely to happen you can find better ways to adjust your setup. I can assure you jades can be defeated.

Anything else?

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
Mr Talon on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
It's funny seeing people complain for a jade nerf. When I use it there are two types of players I face. The ones who chew through it like I have on no gear at all, and the ones who come here and post "jade needs a nerf".

Maybe instead of wasting your time asking for something that's really not likely to happen you can find better ways to adjust your setup. I can assure you jades can be defeated.

Anything else?
( This reply is mostly my opinions)

Maybe show a guide or video for EVERY SCHOOL of how to beat a jade mostly from second while also having the setup of fighting other schools and maybe people will stop. Because there are some jades who can tank so many hits in while the person is using shrike, why? cause dispels, set resist with maycast pet fortify and weakness exist. How do you beat a Angel jade mostly from second that has a enfeeble pet? try one shotting now LOL. Idk about you but most angel jades don't get easily ripped through unless they're going second and have bad gear to try tank in imo.

This is also a problem for lower lvls who don't have shrike ( at-least i think it is cause i hear complaints about from people who do low lvl pvp). Even if it may not seem to happen, we can still hope it can happen cause KI tried to do it for jade jujus.

They can maybe at least cap the healing boost like most people on here and central forums wanted.

Also i heard they nerfed the Rasputin robe i'm guessing jades use in PvP so yea...

I could keep talking about this, but i'm just leave it here.

If this reply doesn't make sense then its mostly because i'm bad at explaining things lol.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
Mr Talon on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:

Anything else?
You just clearly showed your view is bias, by admiting you personally use jade making your argument of it being not a problem invalid because you use it. And a person shouldn't have to completely change their strategy around gear that is only obtained through crowns thats completely unfair for people who don't have the money. Actually this is more tricky to argue, cause both cases have strong and disadvantages.

I will admit, their is a big difference of jade players, two from what i saw(not getting into the different classes ones, like juju spammers or GS spammers). The ones that know what that know what they are doing and the ones that do not. The ones that do not are much easier to beat cause they don't use their strengths to their advantage and are essential wallet warriors, people that use their money but have no idea what to do with it. And then there are the ones that i talked about earlier the ones that know what their doing, those are the ones that absolutely abuse the system by using spells and altering effects that were never intended on being used for. Jades abuse the system so much, their is no proper way to counter them, making them completely viable for a universal resist lower or a complete ban of jade gear.

I understand this is a business and that KI has to get people to shell out the money, but there is a better way to get that to happen without ruining pvp, such as sales, special deals, tutorials how to make a glitched garden so that players will spend money on garden packs or mega snack packs. Anyway as a vet, this is how i see the best way to change this, we wouldn't want to have a avalon ice incident again. (ironically my ice is lvl 64 and i already have crafted 76 ice avalon gear for him and the 80 or was it 85 ice crown slippers.)

Fire Second Age Warlord
Ice Second Age Warlord
Storm Second Age Warlord

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
I've always thought there should be a starter set of arena gear, for arena only, that adapts for character level. Something everyone gets when they complete the tutorials. So if you start arena at level 20 or level 100 it is right for your character, in a basic way. Then sell enhancements for your gear at the vendors as you earn your way through. Perhaps as jewels for jewel slots.

Keeping arena and quest gear separate would have allowed the questers to keep their Rasputin robes as they were. Also would keep crowns gear out of the loop. They could sell arena styles of basic gear instead, for the look and add cool auras and effects.

It would also be fun to have a winner and losers treasure drop after battle so you dont always have to spend arena tix on gear. You could win different styles of the basic gear set a piece at a time.

Loser drops could be just as fun. Maybe a stitchable broken wand that shoots sparks at random, or rubber chicken wand that squawks or a halo of singing birds and stars that makes your head roll occasionally.

Maybe going first should automatically reduce accuracy to even up the odds since going second is something a lot of people think is unfair.

This is my arena fantasy wish so don't get too upset or mad. They would never do this. I just needed to say it once and get it out of my system.

Thank you for the therapy. :D

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
doomlyfizzbucket on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:
I've always thought there should be a starter set of arena gear, for arena only, that adapts for character level. Something everyone gets when they complete the tutorials. So if you start arena at level 20 or level 100 it is right for your character, in a basic way. Then sell enhancements for your gear at the vendors as you earn your way through. Perhaps as jewels for jewel slots.

Keeping arena and quest gear separate would have allowed the questers to keep their Rasputin robes as they were. Also would keep crowns gear out of the loop. They could sell arena styles of basic gear instead, for the look and add cool auras and effects.

It would also be fun to have a winner and losers treasure drop after battle so you dont always have to spend arena tix on gear. You could win different styles of the basic gear set a piece at a time.

Loser drops could be just as fun. Maybe a stitchable broken wand that shoots sparks at random, or rubber chicken wand that squawks or a halo of singing birds and stars that makes your head roll occasionally.

Maybe going first should automatically reduce accuracy to even up the odds since going second is something a lot of people think is unfair.

This is my arena fantasy wish so don't get too upset or mad. They would never do this. I just needed to say it once and get it out of my system.

Sorry i'm gonna be that guy and say this, so this forum doesn't become a "i wish upon a star" page,

1. Would never happen, since KI needs to make money by people renewing their subscription to grind for gear and if

the arena had starter gear for everyone to start with. There would be no initiative for people to grind for.

2. No dropping loot cause people would complain about it, saying pvp is more rewarding than pve or that the gear is Op or breaks the game when dropped.

3. A accuracy debuff would be unfair for characters or schools that have low accuracy such as storm and fire. Since then people would start packing tc accuracy debuffs and spam hoping they get the advantage by going second. Cause extra pip(or more than two pips considering max lvl pvp) and the enemy gets a debuff.

4. Your able to dream in the clouds, but don't think someone won't cow boy rope you back down to reality of things lol.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
doomlyfizzbucket on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:

Besides, what you said has nothing to do with jade.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:

Maybe show a guide or video for EVERY SCHOOL of how to beat a jade mostly from second while also having the setup of fighting other schools and maybe people will stop. Because there are some jades who can tank so many hits in while the person is using shrike, why? cause dispels, set resist with maycast pet fortify and weakness exist. How do you beat a Angel jade mostly from second that has a enfeeble pet? try one shotting now LOL. Idk about you but most angel jades don't get easily ripped through unless they're going second and have bad gear to try tank in imo.

This is also a problem for lower lvls who don't have shrike ( at-least i think it is cause i hear complaints about from people who do low lvl pvp). Even if it may not seem to happen, we can still hope it can happen cause KI tried to do it for jade jujus.

They can maybe at least cap the healing boost like most people on here and central forums wanted.

Also i heard they nerfed the Rasputin robe i'm guessing jades use in PvP so yea...

If this reply doesn't make sense then its mostly because i'm bad at explaining things lol.
It's not my responsibility to teach you how to defeat angel jades with every school. That's something that you have to discover on tour own (EX. read Eric Stormbringers Guide). Just as I've had to figure out a way to not just survive as an angel, but defeat opponents of every school(still an ongoing process for me). As far as being able to give you a guide to beat angels from second, I'll give you one as soon as you give me a guide to defeating every school from second as an angel. Going second is inherently harder no matter what school or strategy you're facing, and you know it.

There is no one deck that is capable of overcoming every other deck. What I can tell you is that as a player that does angel jade, I have been defeated by players from every school, even going first. My resist is usually around 70 overall(but sometimes set higher for other schools). However, when I face an opponent that takes their time setting up their hand and saves enough pips, not only can they kill me but after I come back even with half my health, they can kill me again. My resist rating might as well be listed as wet paper bag.

The pet I use does have enfeeble. It also has steal charm(for twice the chance to get that blade off), cleanse charm and double resist. It does not guarantee that I am immune from OHKO's. Maycasts are exactly that, it may cast. It's not called guaranteecast. I have had match after match after match that my pet will do nothing, and that's the way it's supposed to work. So for you to imply that having a pet with this trait makes angel jades invulnerable to blade stacking is disingenuous, and my pet has two talents that remove charms.

I don't know about all angel jades, what I do know is a lot of them are very passive offensively. Yet I see players all the time just attacking for the sake of attacking, and even their hits that aren't debuffed get the damage healed off very easily. If that's what you keep doing then you're going to keep having the same results.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:

Continued from previous post...

Don't have shrike? There are other armor piercing spells available to you. Globals, auras, enchants, blades. Armor piercing pet talents. Armor pierce jewels. There are many options that I'd venture a guess that you aren't using. The players that beat me do. The ones that do it best don't need an hour to do it either. And here I said I wasn't going to teach you how to defeat angel jades.

So this is not something you can't do it's something you aren't doing. It's not because of jade armor your aren't winning, but if it makes you feel better to rant about it, more power to you.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Mr Talon on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:

Don't have shrike? There are other armor piercing spells available to you. Globals, auras, enchants, blades. Armor piercing pet talents. Armor pierce jewels. There are many options that I'd venture a guess that you aren't using. The players that beat me do. The ones that do it best don't need an hour to do it either. And here I said I wasn't going to teach you how to defeat angel jades.

So this is not something you can't do it's something you aren't doing. It's not because of jade armor your aren't winning, but if it makes you feel better to rant about it, more power to you.
Yes, my lvl 80 doesn't have shrike because like I said lower levels don't have shrike, and you may say just go up to higher lvl PVP but then there would be no more lower level pvp it would be erased from existence. Not only that, but not only can they tank, like I said, but you clearly didn't put much thought into this reply trying to defeat my purpose. For one, you can't get global spells at lower levels, the auras (infallible) don't do anything if they have massive resistance along with pet talents, and plus, it doesn't make me feel better to rant about it because I clearly am tired of these jades roaming around. You didn't read my thread or just blindly replied to this thread trying to defeat my purpose.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
It's not my responsibility to teach you how to defeat angel jades with every school. That's something that you have to discover on tour own (EX. read Eric Stormbringers Guide). Just as I've had to figure out a way to not just survive as an angel, but defeat opponents of every school(still an ongoing process for me). As far as being able to give you a guide to beat angels from second, I'll give you one as soon as you give me a guide to defeating every school from second as an angel. Going second is inherently harder no matter what school or strategy you're facing, and you know it.

There is no one deck that is capable of overcoming every other deck. What I can tell you is that as a player that does angel jade, I have been defeated by players from every school, even going first. My resist is usually around 70 overall(but sometimes set higher for other schools). However, when I face an opponent that takes their time setting up their hand and saves enough pips, not only can they kill me but after I come back even with half my health, they can kill me again. My resist rating might as well be listed as wet paper bag.

The pet I use does have enfeeble. It also has steal charm(for twice the chance to get that blade off), cleanse charm and double resist. It does not guarantee that I am immune from OHKO's. Maycasts are exactly that, it may cast. It's not called guaranteecast. I have had match after match after match that my pet will do nothing, and that's the way it's supposed to work. So for you to imply that having a pet with this trait makes angel jades invulnerable to blade stacking is disingenuous, and my pet has two talents that remove charms.

I don't know about all angel jades, what I do know is a lot of them are very passive offensively. Yet I see players all the time just attacking for the sake of attacking, and even their hits that aren't debuffed get the damage healed off very easily. If that's what you keep doing then you're going to keep having the same results.
Wow what a rude post, here is what you basically said "Well its not my problem, you solve it, i'm not going to do anything but just explain how i personally gain from this by wasting other peoples time by turtling matches that go on for 2 hours or more because they can't hurt since they don't have the right gear. And if they don't then too bad, they just need to grind for gear to beat my gear that i just paid for, wasting even more of their time"

Second, what are you talking about asking him how to make a guide on how to beat enemies as a angel from second, that's a near sighted reply because not everyone even has a life wizard or uses them for pvp. Even if there was a large population of life wizards, that wouldn't fix the jade/GS problem it would just encourage the use for it by giving people a guide to use it.

Third, you talk as if everyone has the free time as you do, not everyone can grind for the gear or pet to counter jade.

Fourth, Jades are a huge problem in pvp and are viewed with disdain because they turtle(Turtling: To prolong a match by being passive, while being unable to die or attack, forcing the other player into a 2 hour match or longer until one of them give up, 2 hours of their life just for 16 points which isn't worth it)

Fifth, Jade gear should be banned from pvp same as GS, then returned to their original values, due to people like you that abuse its power. You even admit to technically turtling, since the enemy can't hurt you, you just sit there and stack guardian spirit on top of your resist.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012

I'm not trying to argue back but... As i read your post you seem to make me think you don't understand how people try to fight jades and yes i have shrike.. I'm not one of those people who spam their hits to answer one of your questions. I have seen many warlord fires who have 38+ pierce and 110 damage also while in shrike and jades can easily tank, why? it's not just the resist we have to go through but many shields, weakness and dispel spamming they do mostly when your in shrike and regenerate heals 3k back. What is shrike when you can hardly blade, and they have shields and fortify up? don't act like Jades don't use those spells that they always spam the make sure even while in shrike they can easily dispel and heal back up again. My main problem with jades is the enfeeble pet which is basically making one shotting almost impossible ( imo unless your storm death or fire ), and dispel spamming mostly when they go first. Maybe if you try fighting a jade who has an enfeeble pet and knows where their doing you might understand better than thinking people are complaining just because...

I would say it's harder fighting every school from second yes, but fighting a school where they can perfectly stay alive and dispel you soon as they see a shrike, weakness and shield spam while having enfeeble pets? yea that's way more harder than fighting balance from second and that's coming from a max lvl Myth wizard who's been lore spammed and sometimes still been able to win LOL.

May-cast isn't guaranteed.. But when you put on like 3-4 blades or more it's usually happens. If it never may cast and the person your fighting had like +10 blades on or something then they got lucky, but that usually isn't the case.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012

( My last reply was kinda rushed cause i made it while being busy so there were some things i wanted to delete but o well)

The other main problem I and other people in the arena find with angel jades is the amount of time it takes to beat them ( well, attempt to )

I'm not saying we should have a very fast meta with no strategies and i know quick matches exist as well so no one needs to ask that but those don't give rank lol. I'm just saying they should just capped the healing boost to at least 50-60 and fix this dispel spamming problem. May cast enfeeble will still be a problem but this may satisfy more people who don't want a 2-3 + hour long match. Most people i've heard say it would be better to have a nice duel that doesn't take so long so i can move on.

But you can carry doom and gloom? Ya don't say? mean while every life jade carrying almsot max sanc bubbles in main and like 6-7+ of them in side deck and satyr still does 1.1k in doom....

Unless someone wanna say you shouldn't do pvp unless you have 2-3+ hours of your life to waste doing PvP.

At this point arguing isn't helping but suggestions for to make offensive players have a better chance at beating defensive players ( that comes back to life and has a chance to reset the entire match) could help better.
Again these are mostly my opeenions.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
So even after not only explaining things you can do to defeat jades and providing a link to a resource that explains in depth how to counter angel jades all I hear his. I'm rude, I don't know who people fight jades. I mean how could I know? Because watching how people try to defeat me couldn't possibility give me some understanding. Even after telling you that I lose to all other schools even from first all I see is I can't and I don't have. So stay defeatist and keep hope alive for your nerf.

This is my last response on this thread. Good day to you all.

Explorer
Feb 28, 2009
SanicTheHegFlame on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
I'm not trying to argue back but... As i read your post you seem to make me think you don't understand how people try to fight jades and yes i have shrike.. I'm not one of those people who spam their hits to answer one of your questions. I have seen many warlord fires who have 38+ pierce and 110 damage also while in shrike and jades can easily tank, why? it's not just the resist we have to go through but many shields, weakness and dispel spamming they do mostly when your in shrike and regenerate heals 3k back. What is shrike when you can hardly blade, and they have shields and fortify up? don't act like Jades don't use those spells that they always spam the make sure even while in shrike they can easily dispel and heal back up again. My main problem with jades is the enfeeble pet which is basically making one shotting almost impossible ( imo unless your storm death or fire ), and dispel spamming mostly when they go first. Maybe if you try fighting a jade who has an enfeeble pet and knows where their doing you might understand better than thinking people are complaining just because...

I would say it's harder fighting every school from second yes, but fighting a school where they can perfectly stay alive and dispel you soon as they see a shrike, weakness and shield spam while having enfeeble pets? yea that's way more harder than fighting balance from second and that's coming from a max lvl Myth wizard who's been lore spammed and sometimes still been able to win LOL.

May-cast isn't guaranteed.. But when you put on like 3-4 blades or more it's usually happens. If it never may cast and the person your fighting had like +10 blades on or something then they got lucky, but that usually isn't the case.
Thank you for recapping everything I said.

But I can't help that you want to copy my genius . XD

Explorer
Oct 12, 2012
DarkAce88 on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
Thank you for recapping everything I said.

But I can't help that you want to copy my genius . XD
I recapped everything you said? Hmm well ok then lol.

To be honest I haven't read everything you had said lol, just saying.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I think jades are fine as is. KI already nerfed them (They can no longer duplicate juju or shields or traps since cloaked cards are no longer restored after you reshuffle). They also nerfed the life Rasputin robe from 41-27 healing boost. Also its very easy to pierce through jade's resist nowadays. We have shrike, infallible, pierce blades, pierce jewels, pierce bubbles, and accuracy + pierce enchants. (Its not that hard to win against a jade when you approach them with a strategy + there are many helpful guides out there on how to beat them).

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
It is actually pretty hard to pierce through jade, many reasons being that they shield spam and a shrike might not help much. Although, putting all of the piercing things together, it isn't always enough and honestly, putting them all together is really hard. People will say it's easy, but for first time people approaching jades, it really isn't. I just wish that those people who angel jade would either quit pvp or find and actual strategy.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Cass MoonHeart on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
I think jades are fine as is. KI already nerfed them (They can no longer duplicate juju or shields or traps since cloaked cards are no longer restored after you reshuffle). They also nerfed the life Rasputin robe from 41-27 healing boost. Also its very easy to pierce through jade's resist nowadays. We have shrike, infallible, pierce blades, pierce jewels, pierce bubbles, and accuracy + pierce enchants. (Its not that hard to win against a jade when you approach them with a strategy + there are many helpful guides out there on how to beat them).
notice that I said that Jaders use Jade Armor not rasputin most of the time, and plus, lvl 80 or 90 under have no pierce blades, pierce bubbles, or shrike, and even though they can still spam virulent, beguile, and many of the spells listed above,

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If KI nerfed Jade gear at this late date there would be a major revolt from people who spent a ton of money getting it. Honestly, in today's meta it really is not the issue everyone makes it out to be.