Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wand question

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Let me start off by saying Im merely asking the question and not saying this should or should not happen.

Ok, so we all know that wands around L50 (or so, I forget the exact level) start giving power pips at the start of battle. Would it better if instead of giving a power pip, it gave a regular pip, gave extra power pip chance, and then had the white pip from the wand be affected by the powerpip chance? Also, the same would work for the pip giving decks.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I can see some advantage to this. Basically at level 50 we currently get 3 pips for our school and 2 for other schools regardless of spell. The idea is that you are presenting with an increased percentage would need to slowly improve this as you increase in level as well.

Another item to consider is when do you really start using the school wand versus a generic multi spell wand ( I know of 3 different ones). I know for my first 15 levels on my toon, I did not use the wand for my school cause it would only give between 50 and 60 points of damage and even with using 1 blue point these were giving at least 80 and more, but aligned with the percentage odds.

Just we have to weigh each item.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I know since discovering the 0-pip wands, I use that on all of my wizards from the lowest level to max. Early on in the game, it is a GREAT help to build pips while attacking. In regards to the power pip percentage increasing, that's easy. Something similar to:

L50-59 +8% PP
L60-69 +10% PP
L70-79 +12% PP
L80-89 +14% PP
L90-99 +16% PP
>L100 +18% PP

On my current L110 storm, with the boost I suggest (as example figures of course), he'd only have 89% PP. Of course some people would max out, but I would imagine they would be in the minority of players.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
sKochiya on Nov 28, 2016 wrote:
You probably would have 100% power by level 100.
even if you did, there's always the chance to fail, and not everybody would have it. Look at my post about my 110 storm and see what his PP% is