Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grandfather Spider Theory (FINAL FIGHT SPOILERS)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
As most may know during fights with bosses and other quest you intentionally meet with Grandfather (Also known as Old Cob) Some may know he comes from spiders with When he cast away there are a few words he says every time I am not 100% Sure what the words are but to me it sounds like they are saying "come from the depths of the spiral". I am sure that not completely accurate but that is my though. Also when you get to the final boss which has been recently added the Test Realm. When you get to the dialog of the final boss fight he tend to speak about Mellori as named as "Dear Child" and "Raven Child" as spoilers are known that Mellori from Polaris is a child of Grandmother Raven. He capsules her is a shadow wave which floats her into the sky as too look like she has fainted or something. After he speaks about "Silly raven" He simply states that now he has access tot he answers but the answer to what Does he have access to the spiral tree,Spiral gate I am still questions what he has access to and what "answers" he seeks. But before he casts away he speaks to wizards say "And then you will witness the power... the glory... the sheer beauty... of unlimited chaos!" All though when you return to Grandfather Tree and restore is missing eye he speaks with such sadness. He says he needs time to him self to remember everything. Does this mean there is an upcoming world an upcoming new part of the spiral will we be talking to Grandfather Spider,Grandfather tree,Grandmother Raven,Or maybe Merle,gamma or someone new! That is still yet to be discovered my final theory is "Old Cob -Grandfather Spider will return to ravenwood to cause a disaster or a new world will unlock where we either find out the past of Grandfather Tree or We return to Grandfather Spider an fight once more has Mellori is under his curse!" There is once sentence that sticks out to me the most when Grandfather Spider says "Is this the end or is this just the beginning of ..." Which I am sure is hidden in his cast away. That is my theory. ~Ryan Nightmancer

Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
I believe that old cob wants his heart back so he has ultimate power. I haven't delved into the mirage story, so correct me if i'm wrong.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2015
There are only Empyrea and Broken Shore. 2 of 4 from Old Cob has mention.