Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sun spells that add effects

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
So we have spells for damage and pierce modifiers, but what if we made sun spells that could add stun to a card or a blade or something. For instance, you could make a stun troll or you could make a frog add a smokescreen. The sun spells could be pip free for maybe a stun or a weakness, but if you were to do like a smokescreen it would add 2 pips required to cast. This would be balanced out by the fact that you are losing a lot of potential damage or pierce.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I came up with a type of spell along these lines a year or so ago, I called them Augments or Augmentations, and suggested the Dragonspyre school of Crystal for them. I'm all for them so long as certain effects add a pip cost. A Smoke Mantle is fair enough, but an AoE stun should cost you a couple pips. And I also don't think they should be Sun, maybe Shadow, or perhaps a way to revitalise Moon (unlikely), or a new school behind that caged door in the Arcanum that may or may not be elaborated on when Mirage comes live.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
I came up with a type of spell along these lines a year or so ago, I called them Augments or Augmentations, and suggested the Dragonspyre school of Crystal for them. I'm all for them so long as certain effects add a pip cost. A Smoke Mantle is fair enough, but an AoE stun should cost you a couple pips. And I also don't think they should be Sun, maybe Shadow, or perhaps a way to revitalise Moon (unlikely), or a new school behind that caged door in the Arcanum that may or may not be elaborated on when Mirage comes live.
I agree that it should be pip'd depending on how strong it is.