Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

glitch when closing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
When I close w101, sometimes it creates a big white window I can't close and that covers task manager. If that could be taken care of it would be great. I think I read this issue a while back but I just want to verify its still a thing.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I have encountered this problem as one of the processes are not ending. I have had to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and bring up the Task Manager to kill the app to get back to my program.

Normally when this happens I do end up rebooting my computer before launching W101 again.

But I am glad to hear others are encountering this problem.

=-=-=-

To help KI some:

I am running Windows 7 Home with 4 GB of RAM and a Intel Pentium 2.13 GHz Processor.

=-=-=-
I would recommend you might want to update your post with your information as well to help KI.

Hope this helps.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Bigboss1029 on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
When I close w101, sometimes it creates a big white window I can't close and that covers task manager. If that could be taken care of it would be great. I think I read this issue a while back but I just want to verify its still a thing.
been happening to me since the previous update. Just hit the X instead of the EXIT and you'll be fine, until they fix it

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
One additional comment I noticed today when I logged out that my WizardGraphicalClient.exe seems to be hanging and not responding.

I have Norton on this machine as my AntiVirus, but on another I have TrendMicro and another I have McAfee.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
I have this problem as well and usually just end up shutting down the computer before trying to continue.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Dworgyn is there any chance to hear anything from KI about this issue. It is becoming more prevalent on my Win10 Machine and becoming a bit annoying.

Even to know that KI is investigating would be a great bounce.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
I suspect we will need more information to track down the problem since this isn't happening for the majority of players.

Is there a common thread we can identify? Are you all using Windows 7 Home edition?

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I was having that white screen occasionally pre-Mirage, now I get WizardGraphicalClient.exe has stopped responding error nearly every time I exit the game using the exit button.

Using the X button from a windowed version of game does not cause the error.

I use Windows 10 Home edition with an AMD Quad core processor (4Hz) with Radeon HD graphics and 8 GB Ram

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I have encountered this on Win 7 both Enterprise and Personal. Win 10 Enterprise running various AV programs.

I travel often to Austin for work and would happily make myself available next trip if it is not resolved by then.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2013
Well how do you exit if you hover over the tab then click on the exit button i think that maybe the problem cause the same thing as been happening to me and i have been exiting that way

Adam

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Just to note, I followed the suggestion in the other thread on this issue to add an exception for firewall, and have not had the issue since. This is after around a half dozen logouts so it looks like that works.

from other post:

Check your Firewall and make sure the game is allowed. If it is not listed under "Exceptions" You can add it.

Click on "add program", click on Browse. When the next window opens, click on "C" drive, then Programs, KingsIsle Entertainment folder, open that folder, then open Wizard101 folder, then Patch client folder, Open "Bank A", find "WizardGraphicalClient" and select it. Then do the exact same thing for "Bank B"

This will also depend on what your Operating system is. The above is for "Windows" but may not be the same for newer systems.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Dworgyn on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
I suspect we will need more information to track down the problem since this isn't happening for the majority of players.

Is there a common thread we can identify? Are you all using Windows 7 Home edition?
Windows 7 home premium here and ive completely stopped trying the EXIT button and just hit the X. I can start using the exit button again to see, but as a reminder, this only started happening with the summer update

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Goldenoak1 on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
Just to note, I followed the suggestion in the other thread on this issue to add an exception for firewall, and have not had the issue since. This is after around a half dozen logouts so it looks like that works.

from other post:

Check your Firewall and make sure the game is allowed. If it is not listed under "Exceptions" You can add it.

Click on "add program", click on Browse. When the next window opens, click on "C" drive, then Programs, KingsIsle Entertainment folder, open that folder, then open Wizard101 folder, then Patch client folder, Open "Bank A", find "WizardGraphicalClient" and select it. Then do the exact same thing for "Bank B"

This will also depend on what your Operating system is. The above is for "Windows" but may not be the same for newer systems.
Im using the firewall that comes with windows 7, so those options arent available for me, however, ive never needed to do that before. Also, while I have a firewall on my router, it has been completely disabled as the two firewalls would fight with each other and cause disconnect issues.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
sorry for all the replies.... while I dont get the white screen the OP is talking about, mine client just freezes until I task manager out of it. There seems to be more than one issue with closing the client, so what I will do is beg off of giving more input for now. I dont want to confuse the issue (which I may have inadvertently done, and if so, apologize for)