Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Animations Too Long?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010

So, for Veteran Players of the game, you remember back in 2010 - 2011/2 when great emphasis was placed on Spell Animations? We used to be so excited about learning a new spell just to see how it looks out in the field/combat. Heck, people used to be so excited, videos were even made about how a spell looks (sure they still do now, but was very frequent back in day).

Now, it's 2016, almost 2017. Most of us have completed the game numerous times on various wizards and one thing that stands out is the length of some of these "New Generation Spells." As for example, by the time we've arrived to Azteca, we've seen it all, or at least most of it and it always feels like some of these spells just feel longer and longer each time they're used. By the time we get to fighting Rank 12 and over mobs, we've the life ones always spamming Forest Lord, the Balance ones always spamming Ra and let's not forget that new Death Elephant spell (won't mention the name here because I know just mere mention of such name instigates the frustration of players) whose animation feels like it takes Minutes! Minutes as opposed to seconds like all the other spells.

With this said, is it possible for a mechanic to be integrated within the game to somehow speed up the Animation of some of these spells or just to decrease the "build up" of some of these spell animations similarly to Pirate101 that has Fast Combat?

It does get annoying after a while and the game already provides many things to already be annoyed about. Hoping that this won't be on that list for long I:

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So yes, Spell Animations can get a little tedious, but they are making some efforts to change fore example your "death Elephant" now instead of attacking and recharging each individual entity does an attack all at once motion. I think that KI has kind of heard players plea for spells that don't last quite so long, so we won't see a lot more in the future, but we may have to deal with some of them that are in the past. I mean, yeah Ra could shoot sun at all enemies at once, but Forest Lord interacts with each enemy and there isn't an easy animation route around it without reworking the whole spell... How does "fast combat" work and how would that work in game, I wonder? Would everyone have to set their own spells to fast? So we'd all have fast spells, except for the one troll that left his on normal speed? That might work. Not sure. ANYWAY, bottom line is, they know and are already making newer spells not so long and they already fixed Lulu.