Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earn Crowns vids

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2014
Most of the earn crowns vids don't work. For people like me who can't spend money on crowns, this is the only thing that helps. I used to be able to get tops 500 crowns in a day, but now with the vids all messed up, I usually only get about ten.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Define "all messed up" -- if you can get me some more specific details of what's happening, I might be able to assist. Is there a specific video that you're having trouble with or is it just the amount of videos that are available?

Survivor
May 24, 2014
Dworgyn on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
Define "all messed up" -- if you can get me some more specific details of what's happening, I might be able to assist. Is there a specific video that you're having trouble with or is it just the amount of videos that are available?
The videos will just stay loading and won't play or they will load for 30 secs to 5 minutes then show an error screen on the vid player.
The specific vid (player) that does this is tall enough that you can scroll the page up and down (although very little).

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I have encountered this a lot. I have sent screen shots to Kingsisle support, but don't really think anything has happened. This is very common - they include

- Black screen, nothing happens after waiting for minutes
- Spinning icon, nothing happens
- Spinning icon, message comes up saying 'there has been a problem'
- Spinning icon, 'earn crowns' screen shuts down
- Screen appears, but includes entry saying it can't run on your browser
- Screen appears, click play, but it simply spins, rather than load

Current issue - video plays through, but no credit.

Some notes on my experiences - I have used different computers; I have updated Flash and Java. These happen on all the same videos over and over. The only solution is to ignore these videos and wait for new ones to appear.

One thing that would be nice (and hopefully not terribly difficult) would be to provide a way for users to provide feedback - maybe simply a button that would appear after a few seconds in the wrapper around the video that could be clicked to tag the video as problematic. That way they could run down the problem ones and remove them as I don't think they are getting any money for videos that don't actually play. Maybe I am wrong and they are.

Until this gets solved somehow, it is just a wait and click game in and of itself...

:)