Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Forced Movement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
I noticed this in the game ever since I started playing, at first I never thought much about it, but after playing the game for quite a long time now, it's starting to confuse and annoy me. When our wizards are tasked to collecting items found on the streets, such as Bone Cages in Unicorn Way, our wizard, once we click on the object, or press "X", is forced to turn to face the object. This also applies to Wooden Chests and Silver Chests that can be found around the Spiral.

I don't understand why this is in place. With some items we can collect, we can press "X" or click the item to simply collect it and continue on our path without being stopped or forced to turn to the object. While with others, we are forced to turn. Is there a useful reason this is in the game? Because for all the years I've been playing, I never thought of a single good reason this is in the game.

I'm just bringing this up now because I am starting my adventure around the Spiral again with a new wizard. And I've been noticing this again as I go through my quests. It's annoying, but not something that has to be done away with. But it would be nice if Kingsisle would just get rid of this from the game like they did with having to wait a few seconds every time we craft an item to craft another.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
YES! Or at least make it toggleable (togglable?) so you can choose to have it on or off.