Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game too easy?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
From my experience of playing wizard101 for 6 years, I heard numerous of players saying this game is too easy. Perhaps the players are making the game too easy by overpowering their spells from the use of multiple enhancements along with faints in certain battles while doing their quests. People who joins in a team of 3 or 4 wizards combined with their strength can also make the game too easy in certain battles. Some spells may seem to be overpowered but not really according to it's purpose which is the beauty of it's uniqueness in a fantasy game. I believe we all have control of how easy we make this game by the strategy we use accordingly. Some will disagree, some will not and some will argue but the truth remains

Defender
May 27, 2013
Sometimes it's easy; sometimes it's not.
I have always appreciated that W101 is a more 'friendly' game, designed to be played by a wide range of ages.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 11, 2016 wrote:
From my experience of playing wizard101 for 6 years, I heard numerous of players saying this game is too easy. Perhaps the players are making the game too easy by overpowering their spells from the use of multiple enhancements along with faints in certain battles while doing their quests. People who joins in a team of 3 or 4 wizards combined with their strength can also make the game too easy in certain battles. Some spells may seem to be overpowered but not really according to it's purpose which is the beauty of it's uniqueness in a fantasy game. I believe we all have control of how easy we make this game by the strategy we use accordingly. Some will disagree, some will not and some will argue but the truth remains
I personally think the game is too easy at the moment since there is no new content, and all the currently "difficult" stuff was either nerfed or now has easy strategy guides to follow for online.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Well, easy except for Darkmoor, Rasputin, and ummmmm idk.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
frostednutella on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
Well, easy except for Darkmoor, Rasputin, and ummmmm idk.
Yes, I agree. Darkmoor, Rasputin and all these Golden key dungeons are really hard. Sometimes I wonder if they are too hard; nearly impossible to beat for many. How fair is that

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
The game is too easy for me, but I am a veteran player. I still enjoy it since I like to solo dungeons that most people would never attempt to do. I also 2v2 every dungeon with my pvp partner.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
There are easy parts and frustrating parts. I do not enjoy the frustrating parts and while sometimes the easy parts are a little too easy, I have a lot of fun with the game still.

I generally play alone or with one friend of mine. We still have yet to complete Darkmoor or Rasputin because it is difficult on us.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
There is a definite learning curve, and gear and pets make a huge difference. The game is not especially easy for a first time player who doesn't understand the tactics, isn't sitting on a heap of gold, doesn't know how to get good gear, and doesn't know how to obtain a good pet (good pets are huge, and from what I can see, few players have really figured it out).

The addition of jewels has struck me as a little unbalancing, the extra accuracy and defense you can get from jewels is awesome, and even the extra hitting power and health is helpful. Jewels seem so good they feel a little like cheating, and I have only used them on a couple of my characters.

Furthermore, there is a big difference in difficulty between various parts of the game. There isn't anything in the first arc (Wizard City through Dragonsyre) mainline that I can't solo, but that is absolutely not true of many second arc mainline quests. I won't say its impossible, but defeating Frostbranch or Belloq or Mirror Lake is extremely difficult for anyone to solo. Waterworks gear is so good it is almost required for level 60-90, so while the Waterworks instance isn't technically mainline it is the next thing to it, and good luck soloing Waterworks at level 60.

Then there is the team up button. This is huge. Before team up it used to be MUCH harder to get a group together to do something like Waterworks.

So I generally sort of coast along solo, doing brainless street fights and easy bosses, then maybe once a day do something hard enough I want to work with a group. The easy stuff is relaxing, the tough cheating bosses keep me on my toes, and the very toughest require me to work with others. Basically I like the balance. I do encourage Kingsisle to keep introducing very tough (but not necessarily mainline) content at the mid to high levels, so people really powered up with near-perfect pets and awesome fully jeweled farmed or crown gear have something to do that is challenging.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2016
guys i know this is off topic but i really need some help, its been about two months since i returned to wizard101, and for the fifth time just now my game froze and i got an error message saying could not connect to wizard101, and when i try to log back in it doesn't finish the load process, so i have to reinstall the game. can someone please please help me fix this or fix it for me, i'm at my wits end with this issue i'm a long time fan of this game but if this continues i might as well stop playing. plz someone help me