Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Various Spell Adjustments to All Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Hello, its me again. Time to bother you guys with another post about big changes to the game. I tend to talk a lot about spells and what is wrong with them in various settings. While some people don't care for PvP, I have to consider it for all spell adjustments because there really are two different types of players in Wizard101. Those who quest and those who PvP. I need to consider both equally and I would like you to consider them as well.
I believe every school has a spell that needs some sort of adjustment or other. Here are some that I feel need to change and why.

Loremaster - (No Balance wizard is complete without this spell. It is the bane of most wizards in PvP and packs a punch even while questing. For the Balance school, this spell really is unbalanced. It deals 390-470 damage and leaves a -20% damage and a -35% accuracy debuff. I'm ok with the two debuffs, but the damage is higher than most 4 pip spells that exist. And Balance isn't considered to be a very high damage school. This damage needs to go a down a bit. Enough so that the spell is still spammable in PvP but is not incredibly overpowered.)
Keeper of the Flame - (This is a great spell but the damage is a little low. It does 400 damage and leaves a 25% Myth trap. I think the damage should be bumped up to around 440 damage so that it can compete with Fire's Brimstone Revenant.)
Handsome Formori and Catalan - (These are good spells damage wise, but they give an accuracy debuff that only does a measly 25%. That's not very much. I think 45% sounds more useful.)
Krampus - (This is arguably one of the coolest spells in the game, right next to Deer Knight. The accuracy debuff is good but you will find that it only does as much damage as Meteor Strike. This isn't too big of a problem but I find that 305-345 damage and a 45% accuracy debuff does not equal 305-345 damage to all enemies. I would suggest a small damage boost to Krampus, not as much as Brimstone Revenant, but higher than Meteor Strike.)
So far all of these are Loremaster spells.
Raging Bull - (It's no Glowbug, but Fire needs this spell. Any Fire would be fine with the damage of Raging Bull, but the -25% accuracy is kind of low. An interesting thing to try might be to imitate the Shift Grendel spell and have a chance of leaving behind a 25% - 65% accuracy debuff to all enemies. That could either be devastating or just perfect.)
Sacred Charge - (This is an interesting spell. I feel like it should be an alternative to Hungry Caterpillar but I feel it needs a bit of a boost. The damage is fine. It deals 500 damage for five pips and leaves a 250 absorb. I think the absorb should be 500 instead of 250. Either that or 400.)
That's all the room I have. Let me know what you think and if you have any other suggestions.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
ToastedCoaster on Oct 10, 2016 wrote:
Hello, its me again. Time to bother you guys with another post about big changes to the game. I tend to talk a lot about spells and what is wrong with them in various settings. While some people don't care for PvP, I have to consider it for all spell adjustments because there really are two different types of players in Wizard101. Those who quest and those who PvP. I need to consider both equally and I would like you to consider them as well.
I believe every school has a spell that needs some sort of adjustment or other. Here are some that I feel need to change and why.

Loremaster - (No Balance wizard is complete without this spell. It is the bane of most wizards in PvP and packs a punch even while questing. For the Balance school, this spell really is unbalanced. It deals 390-470 damage and leaves a -20% damage and a -35% accuracy debuff. I'm ok with the two debuffs, but the damage is higher than most 4 pip spells that exist. And Balance isn't considered to be a very high damage school. This damage needs to go a down a bit. Enough so that the spell is still spammable in PvP but is not incredibly overpowered.)
Keeper of the Flame - (This is a great spell but the damage is a little low. It does 400 damage and leaves a 25% Myth trap. I think the damage should be bumped up to around 440 damage so that it can compete with Fire's Brimstone Revenant.)
Handsome Formori and Catalan - (These are good spells damage wise, but they give an accuracy debuff that only does a measly 25%. That's not very much. I think 45% sounds more useful.)
Krampus - (This is arguably one of the coolest spells in the game, right next to Deer Knight. The accuracy debuff is good but you will find that it only does as much damage as Meteor Strike. This isn't too big of a problem but I find that 305-345 damage and a 45% accuracy debuff does not equal 305-345 damage to all enemies. I would suggest a small damage boost to Krampus, not as much as Brimstone Revenant, but higher than Meteor Strike.)
So far all of these are Loremaster spells.
Raging Bull - (It's no Glowbug, but Fire needs this spell. Any Fire would be fine with the damage of Raging Bull, but the -25% accuracy is kind of low. An interesting thing to try might be to imitate the Shift Grendel spell and have a chance of leaving behind a 25% - 65% accuracy debuff to all enemies. That could either be devastating or just perfect.)
Sacred Charge - (This is an interesting spell. I feel like it should be an alternative to Hungry Caterpillar but I feel it needs a bit of a boost. The damage is fine. It deals 500 damage for five pips and leaves a 250 absorb. I think the absorb should be 500 instead of 250. Either that or 400.)
That's all the room I have. Let me know what you think and if you have any other suggestions.
I think that Handsome Fomori and Catalan are too similar. Fomori should have a better buff. Like why does Athena give a towershield? That is a Ice thing is shielding yet Athena is a Myth spell.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Will just throw out my personal opinion on these :P

Loremaster: Agreed, but not really about the damage. Maybe if the debuffs were swapped around (-35% weakness and -20% accuracy) then it might balance things out a bit.

Keeper of the Flame: Agreed. 440 seems much more reasonable and more on-par with Myth's level of damage.

Catalan & Fomori: Personally i think these two are fine as they are.

Krampus: Agreed, all Krampus is right now is a fancy single-target meteor, which is a shame because the spell itself looks amazing. Buff the damage range to about 445-485 and keep the accuracy debuff. That'll be much more worthwhile.

Raging Bull: In spite of all it's flaws, it's still a great spell. The only two problems i see with it is the wide damage range (775-900) and of course, the accuracy debuff. I'd suggest making the damage range 850-960 to make the base damage more on-par with Myth's Colossus (880). I definitely agree with the Shift Grendel idea for an accuracy debuff though. That would be perfect.

Sacred Charge: I haven't seen this spell in action myself, but it does look like a Caterpillar alternative, like you said. 250 absorb seems a bit weak though.