Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nightshade crown gear drop rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
My main beef with this and the reason why I am on the forums right now is because I have been farming Lord Nightshade for over 2 days straight now with few breaks and have gotten only one piece of the level 5+ crown gear. I have looked to try to find a drop rate for this gear and some estimates were around 0.04% last I saw. Why is this so low? I understand that it is crown gear and all, but does it have to be so low that it is near impossible to get it?

I understand that it is crown gear, but it is literally the lowest level gear that you will ever get other than no level. EVERYTHING is better than that gear after level 30, what is the problem with letting people who want to farm it have SOME hope? Again, on PvP, EVERYBODY already uses this gear at low level PvP, so if you make it more accessible for the less tryhard players, you will have more people wanting to try out PvP at lower levels, which is fun for everybody that wants to do that. I honestly do not see a problem with raising the drop rate to let people have access to this relatively good gear. In all honesty, it really isn't even that good even for that level. Only 8% total universal resist without pets or other crown gear? that doesn't do a single thing to resist ANY attack.

I love how they added it in there for people to be able to farm for it, but it is just plain dumb in my opinion to make it near impossible to get it. I am a player that does not get crowns to purchase things from the crown shop often at all, and when I do, i get the worst stuff from packs and other RNG based items (which is making my blood boil over again, but this is already at the TLDNR level of words), so I have to farm for my gear. The best gear at ANY level is crafting or farming, why is it that the time we DO have crown gear to farm, it is so painfully low chance to get?

Well, congrats if you made it all the way through that and thanks for letting me rant, but honestly I really think drop rate in general is a problem with this game, kinda leads to spending money on more packs which goes in a vicious cycle of money wasting.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Yes, the drop rate is very low but its crowns gear and this gear is worth irl money. It does take a lot of time to get it. This is the same for everyone and its been like this for years so you just have to stick through it.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
I understand that, but like I said, every piece of gear lvl 30+ is better and either crafted or farmed, plus something I forgot to add when I originally posted this, having this crown gear drop once every million battles just makes people want to buy it, which leads to a p2w early pvp and pve. I just think they should raise the drop rate to make it more accessible for people who want to have it.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
This game is p2w anyways but I'm not a crown player and I got the full set. There are many other people who do what I did as well. Now the problem with level 30 gear being better is totally different from this level 5 gear because it is equal equivalence to usefulness.