Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting potant trap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I have been farming for three weeks to get a potant trap tc i have farmed the fuego spirt in the tree of life atleast /0 times. I have also been farms diffent bosses in the floating mountains. NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO GET IT !!!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Nearly every boss in Azteca drops them. The Aquila hidden bosses do too. It's random. If you have completed Azteca and still have none (I had at least a handful just from questing Azteca on all 6 of my wizards) then I'd try farming Aquila bosses. They tend to drop them more.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
If all else fails, you can try the fan site Central. They have a forum section with all manner of help and info for the spiral game. They even have a trading area to arrange treasure card trades. To check it all out go to www.wizard101central.com. And the central wiki is a wealth of information about all aspects of the game.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Michael Nightgem on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
If all else fails, you can try the fan site Central. They have a forum section with all manner of help and info for the spiral game. They even have a trading area to arrange treasure card trades. To check it all out go to www.wizard101central.com. And the central wiki is a wealth of information about all aspects of the game.
Here is a link to Potential Sources of Potent Trap TCs. I know it's a bugger but you'll get one eventually. I didn't have SeeThe42's luck either and it took me forever to get one.

Micahel, Potent Traps are "NO TRADE" so the trading area you suggested would not work. That's why Potent Trap is such a beast to aquire. Good luck.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
Same, I think Wizard101 has a problem with it's RNG output of many things, but tcs, gear, etc... is a big problem. I farmed the Gladiator (secret boss in Mt. Olympus) and got it after getting a full dorm room of pets (not joking, could not place another one), at least 10 alpha and omega rings (lost count lol) and plenty of sharpen blade and primordial (the other 2 sun school azteca spells)