Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-9-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday once again, and we all know what that means, right?

Today, let's talk about crafting. Our system is deep and allows you to craft all kinds of things: houses, treasure cards, mounts, furniture, equipment . . . what else would you like to be able to craft that we might have overlooked? Let us know, and we'll discuss the possibilities...

Have a wonderfully warm weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Craft a boss. You would essentially create a one shot dungeon with a unique boss that you can fight once per crafted item. The drops should be suitably rewarding for the difficulty level of the crafting recipe. The drops could even be crafted gear and rare crafted furniture.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Jul 31, 2014
Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
I believe that we should be able to trade regents with other players like trading treasure cards. But you can't trade Unauctionable and Arena tickets regents.
For an example, I was trying to craft the Watchtower house in gizzlehelm, It's not the easiest thing to craft because you need a ton of Cat tails, Water lilies and diamonds. But if your friend has a bunch, they can't give you any at all. If you try to sell and buy the regents from your friend, there is a chance someone else could buy it and your out of luck.
Trading Regents should be an True Friend ability and or Member thing only. It'd help a lot for crafters.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Elixers/Potions. They could be transformations or like the Elixirs that offer stats. (I'd prefer transformations) maybe also craft to refill mana potion bottles?

Survivor
Aug 26, 2013
With the addition of the jewel plants, I would like to be able to craft a housing item much like the seed vault that will hold jewels that can be transferred between wizards on the same account.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Opal jewels. Please oh please oh please oh please opal jewels. I and many others have driven ourselves mad trying to get incoming or outgoing heal jewels.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
How about craftable pets? I mean we have craftable everything else. Pets could be things like clockworks, or golems, or elementals. This could give higher level players trying to make the perfect pet a real incentive to get into crafting. Also, specific shape jewels, and more opal recipes because we don't have many if any. Of course more lore spells are always appreciated. Maybe also have some recipes like 'ultra+ pet jewel' for better talents guaranteed.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2014
Moira Stormheart on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
Craft a boss. You would essentially create a one shot dungeon with a unique boss that you can fight once per crafted item. The drops should be suitably rewarding for the difficulty level of the crafting recipe. The drops could even be crafted gear and rare crafted furniture.

Moira Stormheart
This idea is something i could get behind and it would be good for loots and gold

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
With the changes to Simplify and Elucidate being unobtainable, it be interesting to see the Arcanum astral scholar have recipes of the tc sold by him. You can also make other hard to obtain treasure cards craftable by having recipes offered by the Arcanum scholars like Aftershock, Magma Colossus, Steel Giant, and much more.

Another neat thing that would add a lot of fun to the game would be recipes that are dropped by tough to beat bosses that offer the ability to craft a crown item such as packs and gear. These recipes can have limited uses and the "recipe scroll" will break after crafting an item a certain amount of times. You could even get the chance to get a recipe scroll of a jackpot item by the boss, and you can craft it; It would be a different alternative to farming, and using the crown chest

Example: You are fighting Aphrodite II and you obtain a scroll that would say "Promethean Sacred Charge Recipe Scroll 1 Use" and you will have the recipe for the Sacred Charge spell. It will disappear once you use it.

When you get a scroll, you may have to translate it so that you may read the recipe. Higher level artisans can read different scrolls, but certain scrolls may be unreadable to say a Novice Artisan. Such as the scroll I said above, only a Promethean Artisan can read the scroll and use it.

A jewel box to store jewels would be nice as well!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Skeleton Keys.
Socket Wrenches.

Both drop in game, but very, very rarely. With a difficult recipe, at least you could be sure you'd eventually

Specific jewels; current jewel recipes are just of a school and a level. The only jewels I really want are Block Opals, Mending Opals and Pierce. Universal Block isn't craftable, and I've never managed to get Mending when crafting a Life Jewel or Pierce when crafting any school.

Gear (almost) equivalent to Malistaire Gear/Rat Boots. In all prior worlds, the current crafted gear was nearly as good as the best-in-game farmed gear. Malistaire gear far outclasses that which is craftable in Khrysalis. I don't expect Polaris crafted gear to be as good as Malistaire, but as Wintertusk was close to Waterworks, I'd expect Polaris crafted (which we don't even have) to be a reasonable alternative to Malistaire.

I'd love to be able to craft new pieces of vanity gear - non stat, just for stitching.

A jewel box, for all the jewels being dropped by the new jewel seeds.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
We could craft pets. Golems would make the most sense, but I suppose anything could go, if the recipe is interpreted as more of a summoning ritual.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
Please allow the Burning Rampage, Catch of the Day, and Sacred Charge spells to be craft-able!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
I'd really like if we could craft Steel, Brass, etc. Really hard to get in bazaar

Survivor
Dec 17, 2014
Unique crafted hairstyles. They could require Merle's whisker.

Tarlac

Survivor
Jun 28, 2015
I honestly think the following spells should be craft-able: Sacred Charge, Burning Rampage, and Catch of the Day. Farming can be so time consuming when some of us have really busy lives. Of course you should put it at a decent crafting level to be fair to players.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
I don't know if this is in game yet but how about crafting elixers. I know so many players that garden, fish or train pets that would benefit from craftable energy elixer. Their can be some exceptions like the level 50 elixer and the "max" elixers that are offered in the crown shop, but that would benefit so many players.

Cameron Shadowspear. Lvl 88 necromancer
"Death is a natural part of life. Embrace it"

Survivor
May 11, 2010
Hi, I would like to be able to craft these spells; Sacred Charge, Burning Rampage and Catch of the Day.
The only one I found easy to farm was Catch of the Day, the other two are a little more challenging and rarely drop for anyone. Even for lower levels, Catch of the Day might be challenging for them also so this could make it a little easier than farming.
So far almost every other spell that is dropped is able to be crafted, I would like to see these ones be craftable also.

Thank you!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2016
It would be great if we could craft a two-person mount. I love that we can already craft school whirlwinds, but a two person mount would be great also. Of course it would require very rare reagents, but I think it would be worthwhile. It doesn't even have to be a unique model.

Piraticalwizard

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
1) a spellbook that yields an energy bonus (the last item left to not yield energy, mounts always get removed when you garden, fish, or pet train so they'd be useless)

2) upgraded mounts (I suggested it HERE)

3) Sacred Charge, Catch of the Day, and Burning Rampage spells

4) wands that we can put maycast spells onto; specifically, the moon shift spells. We should be able to pick which school's wand hit we want AND which shift spell we want to maycast with. The reason for this is there are plenty of people who use off school wands as well as same school wands, so let US choose it. The maycast rate should be exactly like other maycast wands.

5) A zoo for our pets that any of our wizards (on the same account) can visit and put pets into without needing to buy an elixir to increase our maximum house quantity. There should also be ways to sort/find pets (school, level of training, etc)

6) new transmute recipes (suggested HERE)

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
What I would like is for it to be made easier to find the recipe vendors. There have been times when my wizard came across a recipe vendor and looked at the recipes to find there were none for the school of the wizard that I was playing with at the time. Someone told me about a recipe for the school of one of my wizards but it took me a while to find the vendor. It might be nice if all the vendors were in same area as Zeke or some other easily found place like the tents or structures that look like a shopping area so you would know that you were finding all the available recipes for that world. I see no reason for having recipe vendors hiding out somewhere. There are recipe vendors that do not even show on the map and some vendors are found after a wizard has defeated a boss. Having to defeat a boss to get access to a vendor is unreasonable if all you want is to craft.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2015
A jewel vault, like the seed/equipment vaults.... no room for jewels.

An upgrade to the cosmic kris/stellar signet for arch levels

AND PLEASE PLEASE can we craft STEEL and BRASS!!!!!!!!!!! Or make a pack you can buy for steel/brass from crown shop.

Ty for listening

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
I don't if it already exists, but maybe craft your own spell with certain cards having either high defense, offense, etc. To me that would be cool.

Alejandro