Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing with Friends-Shared Housing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
I have taken a lot of time and consideration with this, but I believe I have thought of a fair enough way for a group of people to share a house together.

Firstly, the rules of shared housing.
-The roommate must be a True Friend, or linked to the same family account.
-Only 2-5 Roommates will be allowed for each house.
-The furniture in the house cannot be moved unless the owner is online.
-Roommates cannot pick up the owner's furniture. The owner may pick up the roommate's, but the item will still be sent back into the roommate's attic.
-Music for the house can only be modified by the owner.
-The house can only be added to Castle Tours by the owner.
-The owner can remove roommates at any given time, and the roommates can leave at any time.
-Any one-shot gauntlets placed can only be accessed if the owner of the gauntlet is currently in the house.

Now, for more detail.

Shared Housing has the potential to be a wonderful new feature. Players who know each other outside of the game can create together a beautiful house with different components for each of them. Also, this way the players won't each have to buy their own home.

To prevent other players stealing from the house owner (or the house owner stealing from other players), the rules above should take care of most issues.

For gardening,either each player tends to the plants that they plant, and get rewards for those plants only, or all members of the house can tend to all plants, and the reward is shared to all roommates, similar to getting loot from battles in Pirate101.

To get to the Shared House, if the house is not yours, you would unequip any house that you currently have on your character and go home. Instead of taking you to your dorm, it would take you to the Shared House.

This is about all that I can think of about this subject. I did not list many positives for this, to prevent sounding too biased, but I'm sure you can think of something beneficial from sharing a house with friends (Unless you don't have any that would play with you).

I am well open to suggestions, and I know the system isn't perfect, so I'm looking for some people to help improve it. Feel free to leave suggestions!

A friend of mine (MrUnown), has also posted his idea on this, and my suggestion is a modified version of his.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Is this a repost of my idea lol idc thanks for shining more light on the subjects and for those looking at my message now I totally think this would be a great feature for the game and could bring it to the next level if you want more info go look at my original post.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2012
I agree with this idea, except the gardening, I agree with everyone being able to tend to the garden but I think that the rewards should go to the person/player that planted the plant. Great idea though! :)

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Also just saying the roommate is allowed to pick up there own stuff and cannot pick up the owners and the owner can pick there up but the item will go back to there inventory.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
kelseyanglefist on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
I agree with this idea, except the gardening, I agree with everyone being able to tend to the garden but I think that the rewards should go to the person/player that planted the plant. Great idea though! :)
What I meant was that players in the household could only tend to/collect rewards from plants that they had planted, or for everyone to be able to plant, tend to, and harvest all the plants in the house, and the rewards from those plants will be given to everybody in the household, online or not.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
MrUnown on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
Also just saying the roommate is allowed to pick up there own stuff and cannot pick up the owners and the owner can pick there up but the item will go back to there inventory.
I stated this in the rules. The roommates cannot move furniture if the owner is not online, but can pick up their own if they wish. The owner can move/pick up all furniture, but furniture from other players gets sent to their attic (just in case their inventory/bank is full, and the item wouldn't get destroyed.)

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Would all the roomates have access to the owners chat or just the owner for when mini games are going on -Adam Mist Staff level 93