Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New wand ideas, and "Universal damage"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
Universal damage: powerful damage that cant be resisted, and cant be boosted by damage or blades. However, it can take off any type of shield. (ex. one universal damage spell can take out a whole spirit shield, as long as the shields don't stack as the same shield)

Cyclops hammer:
Wand attack: Go into the middle and smash the ground dealing 50 damage to all enemies

The Spiral: basically a mini spiral on a stick like a wand
Wand attack: (read first paragraph) 100 universal damage

Wand attacks from the w101 commercials
in the w101 commercials, wand attacks include lightning coming from wands, barrages of blasts, and other cool wand attacks. I would really LOVE to see these wand attacks in game. If you don't know what i'm talking about, you can watch the commercial vid below.

(Sorry, outside links are not allowed per the rules ~Dworgyn)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Um, that's not entirely how universal damage works and nor do I want it to work as you just described. Universal damage is only affected by Universal Utility spells (ie Balance Blade, Hex, Curse, Feint, Tower Shield etc.) and universal resist. I don't think that we should implement it as you have described because Cleanse, Pierce etc. already accomplish that. I do like your idea for a cyclops Hammer wand animation though. I'd also like to see the attacks coming from wands as you described, but we'll have to see as that might be a little labor intensive. It would be neat though.