Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with Bear Acuda

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Okay so I have been fishing every spot I can think of in Grizzleheim. Casting the identify spell and then aiming for any signal that shows. Yet, I have not caught any Bear Acuda. I am open to suggestions on where others might have caught this fish and what tricks to consider.

Thanks,

Survivor
May 25, 2013
Well I suggest two things 1. If you have crowns you could buy a fishing luck potion and increase your chance at the fish you want to catch. 2. You could update your fish spells to also get the better fish (assuming you have not done that.) Don't forget it is luck too so you might not get it first try, just don't give up.

p.s. I have already gotten it. And good luck.

Benjerman Shadowcoin lvl 37 Benjerman Shadowcoin lvl 10 Blake Sunleaf lvl 5 Jack lvl 5 Nicolas lvl 2

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Benjermin shadowco... on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
Well I suggest two things 1. If you have crowns you could buy a fishing luck potion and increase your chance at the fish you want to catch. 2. You could update your fish spells to also get the better fish (assuming you have not done that.) Don't forget it is luck too so you might not get it first try, just don't give up.

p.s. I have already gotten it. And good luck.

Benjerman Shadowcoin lvl 37 Benjerman Shadowcoin lvl 10 Blake Sunleaf lvl 5 Jack lvl 5 Nicolas lvl 2
You mention upgrade your spell... Can you enlighten me so. I have all the spells (I thought), but if there are advanced fire or any other spells for fishing please share. I really do enjoy this part of the game and the quests that come with it.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
If you can access the Nordrilund area of Wintertusk, there is a river of lava there that has mostly fire fish in it. Just use the winnow fire fish spell, and fish away. Sooner or later you will get the Bearacuda.

If you haven,t unlocked that area yet, try finding someone to take you there. I think you can port there.

Hope this helps!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Sorry for the delay. I haven't been reading posts daily. If you haven't found the bearacuda yet, this is where I have caught it for 7 different wizards. After you cross rainbow bridge into Grizzleheim go left down to Nick Jonas trumpet playing plant area. Go to the water there behind the group to where the water drops off.( behind and to the left). Cast reveal fish and then look for fire. Use fire spell 2. I did catch one on the other side again near where the water goes over/off the world.

Best of luck.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Andhanni on Aug 14, 2016 wrote:
Okay so I have been fishing every spot I can think of in Grizzleheim. Casting the identify spell and then aiming for any signal that shows. Yet, I have not caught any Bear Acuda. I am open to suggestions on where others might have caught this fish and what tricks to consider.

Thanks,
If you didn't already catch it, I was able to catch it in Northguard.

First, I did a Winnow Fire Fish spell, which removed every fish that isn't Fire.
Next, I did a Reveal Fish Rank 1 Spell, which reveals all the fish that are rank 1. Walk onto those to remove them.

Any fish that are still remaining are Fire and at least rank 2. The only fish that fits that description is the Bear Acuda, so use your highest rank Fire lure to catch it.