Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rental mounts as decor/furniture Please

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Last night I did a daily assignment and opened up a day 15 chest to find the still-gorgeous Skyracer Pegasus inside. I have always loved the looks of this and the Nightflame Pegasus, ever since visiting Pegasus Place and seeing them leaping into the air over the Aerie, circling overhead as we hunted for bags of chow.

Now I own a Wysterian Villa and have many open, rather barren looking spaces that could use something eye-catching. I've played around with various trees, hedges, topiaries, shrubberies, fountains, statues, and glitched pets floating over the greens and waterfalls, but they just do not convey the arcadian elegance i'm looking for.

The one thing that might, would be a formation of Pegasi soaring over the land.

Sadly, I am of limited means and cannot simply drop umpty ump thousand crowns on Permanent Pegasi to fulfill this design need. However, I do have the 15 day Skyracer and a 7-day Nightflame from long, long ago.

I tried placing them on the green from my backpack - sad to say, they can't be placed on the ground. Or in the air, for that matter. Tried activating a rental and THEN placing it as a housing item, but this didn't work either.

If you can place a No-Trade No-Auction arena trophy in your house, why not a No-Auction but tradeable rental mount? The timer doesn't start until you equip it...if it is sitting on the grass or floating overhead or swimming about your Sunken Palace, what's different?

Please, let us place Rental Mounts in our homes and gardens just as we would any other mount. There as decoration, standing by if we should suddenly need to be seen tooling around the Spiral on a rented unicorn. I'm okay with not being able to place them in a house once their timer is ticking; choose wisely. But those special ones I've saved over the years, the shark, the pegasi, the other cool and rare ones - we've had plans for those at my house for as long as I could figure out how to float housing items.

Thoughts?