Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Updates....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
Thank you for the always thorough updates...however...can u make the game harder rather than provide shortcuts* and dumbed down bosses....as a player for 6+ years I always welcome the challenges...

**skipping to level 50?? why?

Morgrim Dragonstalker et all.... level 110

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
the game can be hard enough for some of us players. maybe they should do some exalted zones for those looking for a harder challenge, something special for those players.
and i like the level 50 potion, it means i can play other schools and just start in celestia without redoing all of the first storyline. it's not for everyone, but neither is super hard bosses that take hours to defeat.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Lets talk about making the game fair. (Statement in last update notes)

So what I have been observing is that as we all know Storm's gear is much stronger than any school. There pets usually are equipped with critical, damage and shield which just boost there overpowering stats. Then KI made then a special heal card special to their school. Ice and Myth does not have that.
In addition all of their spells have much high damage than any other school.

It would appear that to make game fairer would be to make storms spells have less damage than the other schools. This would bring the schools more in line. It just seems that as changes are made the goal is always moved in favor of Storm.

I mean it was nice to finally have a multi hit for balance with the 108 spell that carries a punch.

****How about something like a multi feint card that can only be used with a balance spell.****

I know I will get bashed by Storm lovers everywhere. But in the last update it was KI's words to bring the game more in line and make it fair. Now I don't know what that statement meant. It sounds kinda vague to me.

My thoughts are that both the combination of the spell damage and the ease of getting high stats compared to other schools is why the game seems unfair at times.

OK I said it. Tell me what ya think peeps

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
MADISON461J on Aug 7, 2016 wrote:
Lets talk about making the game fair. (Statement in last update notes)

So what I have been observing is that as we all know Storm's gear is much stronger than any school. There pets usually are equipped with critical, damage and shield which just boost there overpowering stats. Then KI made then a special heal card special to their school. Ice and Myth does not have that.
In addition all of their spells have much high damage than any other school.

It would appear that to make game fairer would be to make storms spells have less damage than the other schools. This would bring the schools more in line. It just seems that as changes are made the goal is always moved in favor of Storm.

I mean it was nice to finally have a multi hit for balance with the 108 spell that carries a punch.

****How about something like a multi feint card that can only be used with a balance spell.****

I know I will get bashed by Storm lovers everywhere. But in the last update it was KI's words to bring the game more in line and make it fair. Now I don't know what that statement meant. It sounds kinda vague to me.

My thoughts are that both the combination of the spell damage and the ease of getting high stats compared to other schools is why the game seems unfair at times.

OK I said it. Tell me what ya think peeps
What are you talking about? Each of the last three, maybe four, updates has only served to weaken Storm and destroy its uniqueness. Critical has been nerfed so that it is not 100% reliable and all of the recent gear has favored Fire Damage over Storm. Any more nerfing to Storm and it will not only be irrelevant in the arena (sorry Storm peeps, you know it's true now) but will also be irrelevant in questing.

They have more damage on their spells because they have little health and no innate defenses. Ice spells have less damage because they have boatloads upon boatloads of health.

Any player can make any pet with any talents they want; My life has a quad damage, double Critical Beast for when she goes hitter. (Yes, one of those talents is jeweled, off the top of my head, not sure which.)

No, the game hasn't moved toward balance - Malistaire gear only homogenized schools - everyone has decent resist, everyone has decent damage and critical. Updates beyond that have only served to elevate Fire and Ice and destroy Storm. Life, Death and Myth are marginally helped with recent changes, but for all intents and purposes weren't affected much.

TLDR; If you think Storm is being helped, being made more overpowered by recent changes, you're not paying attention. Every. recent. change. has only served to make them less what they were created to be, and Storm is bordering on irrelevance at this point.

(No, I'm not primarily a Storm. My main character is Life, followed by Death, Balance and Fire. I have a Storm solely because my normal questing partners wanted to try support schools, so I made a hitter. She's sitting in Azteca and will only progress if they decide they want to go forward. I hate playing Storm.)

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
So evidently i have hit a storm nerve.

As we all know when there is a blanket changes it affects all schools. This hurts the weaker schools even more than Storm in regards to Critical and Damage.

I would tell you that I do pay attention. When storm can deliver 8,000 hit with one blade and a tempest at only six pips. It seems slanted to storm. Or maybe you should pay closer attention. I know because I deleted my max storm. Because, It was less of a challenge.

As for storms health. Have you ever seen a storm wizard that was not be able to quest because it. Are you paying attention? no you haven't.

You sound more bias than knowledgeable.

I hope that K I would think about the approach for changes like I described in the above post. All schools have their own uniqueness and its own pitfalls. But to bring about a more fairness to the game which is what the original post was about. That would sure do it.

I would never say strip the Storm school down. It's just that as people have whined about storms health and needing a heal card and their stats. Most other schools have fallen by the wayside. Is their health the only fault about storm you can think of. All the other schools I can think of several.

Wait I know what your answer was. I was correct your not gonna complain about any other of storms weaknesses because one is there is none and two you are bias.

Also when you post words like what are you talking about and are you paying attention you come across extremely rude. You might think about that.

Cya peeps

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
MADISON461J on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
So evidently i have hit a storm nerve.

As we all know when there is a blanket changes it affects all schools. This hurts the weaker schools even more than Storm in regards to Critical and Damage.

I would tell you that I do pay attention. When storm can deliver 8,000 hit with one blade and a tempest at only six pips. It seems slanted to storm. Or maybe you should pay closer attention. I know because I deleted my max storm. Because, It was less of a challenge.

As for storms health. Have you ever seen a storm wizard that was not be able to quest because it. Are you paying attention? no you haven't.

You sound more bias than knowledgeable.

I hope that K I would think about the approach for changes like I described in the above post. All schools have their own uniqueness and its own pitfalls. But to bring about a more fairness to the game which is what the original post was about. That would sure do it.

I would never say strip the Storm school down. It's just that as people have whined about storms health and needing a heal card and their stats. Most other schools have fallen by the wayside. Is their health the only fault about storm you can think of. All the other schools I can think of several.

Wait I know what your answer was. I was correct your not gonna complain about any other of storms weaknesses because one is there is none and two you are bias.

Also when you post words like what are you talking about and are you paying attention you come across extremely rude. You might think about that.

Cya peeps
Storm has half the health of any other school. Critical nerf hurts Storm far more than the other schools - no other school has ever depended on it. Storm is supposed to be able to one-shot, because it can't live until two shots; Critical played a significant part in achieving that. Any more reduction to its damage or gear damage and Storm will no longer exist; it's already being surpassed by Fire. Ice got more gear damage from recent wand packs. Every school can quest - Storm isn't alone in that. You just have to play them correctly.

It used to be that if you wanted to defeat things, you chose Storm. If you wanted to be able to solo and never be defeated, you chose Ice. Currently, there's almost no reason to choose Storm as every other school can hit and the rest have significantly more survivability. Giving every school Storm's damage but allowing them to retain their high health, defenses and specialties doesn't bring balance or make the game fair. It just eliminates Storm's relevance.

For the record, I'd like to see a screenshot of a six pip, one blade Tempest doing 8K. Mathematically, it's not possible. The highest gear boost a storm can get is around 150. 6 Pips, Colossal, with a Sharpened Storm Blade, Critical does under 4K. To get to 8K, you'd need another three blades. Even a six power pip Colossal Temp requires two blades to get 8K.

The arena is the best test of game balance; go watch some Prodigious Level 1V1. Storm doesn't win very often - and it's not due to lack of skill by the Storm players. Ice, Life and Fire, the schools most helped by recent changes, reign. Storm can be killed by any school's Darkmoor spell. One shot. All of the other schools tank it.

My shock at your assertion wasn't rudeness. It was shock. We cannot be playing the same game if you think Storm is OP. Call bias all you want; that doesn't make it so.

Signed, Life Wizard.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Ok lets put your argument to rest once and for all. One who thinks they know it all.

My three best storm friends. Here are there stats and I've even seen better out there.

132 damage, 759 critical, 48 Accuracy, 46 resist, health 4239
129 damage, 756 critical, 22 Accuracy, 31 resist, health 5185
141 damage, 759 critical, 32 Accuracy, 44 resist, health 4489

OK so i'm not good at math but I have never seen any school wizard with 8500 in health nor have you. So if you would quite thinking that way maybe you might be able to see the big picture, instead of me me me.
So your statements about need this and that because they have half the life of the rest of the schools does not fly here.

I do wish that K I would post each wizards stats under there name so you can see if someone is speaking or speaking from experience.

Again I would like to see more fairness with hit amounts and gear stats.

Cya peeps

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I've never seen a Storm with 5K health. Of course to get that, that Storm has 129 Damage. Both my Life and my Death get that - and neither is supposed to be a "hitting school". Ice regularly has near or at 8K. My Life approaches 7K with health jewels, as do many Prodigious Balance.

So Storm has 60% of the health of other schools. Perhaps I should have said approximately half. I'll even give you 2/3.

In any case, given that Critical has become unreliable by the new block calculation, Storm hitters aren't far and away the best choice. Give any other school one single extra blade and they're doing the same damage as that Storm and they didn't die from a single landed Crit. Now that Fire has been give Bull, I bet we see a lot of "We need a Fire" because they are far less fragile. Even the on-school heal you are concerned with is relatively useless. It's as likely to heal for 100 as anything else. Not worth using, when Fairy is reliable. The recent "turn Storm into the school of chance" is nothing like the original plan - Storm hits.

It used to be, Ice tanks. Life heals. Death and Myth solo. Balance does whatever it wants. Fire hits when there's no Storm. Storm hits. Not so much any more. Now it's, Storm hits but I have to heal him. Again. And again. And, oh again. 100 runs of Graveyard - I healed Storm so many times. . .

As I said, the arena unearths game imbalance far better than mindless AI. Go watch some and tell me how OP Storm is. My money will be on the Life, the Ice, the Balance, the Fire.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
MADISON461J on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
Ok lets put your argument to rest once and for all. One who thinks they know it all.

My three best storm friends. Here are there stats and I've even seen better out there.

132 damage, 759 critical, 48 Accuracy, 46 resist, health 4239
129 damage, 756 critical, 22 Accuracy, 31 resist, health 5185
141 damage, 759 critical, 32 Accuracy, 44 resist, health 4489

OK so i'm not good at math but I have never seen any school wizard with 8500 in health nor have you. So if you would quite thinking that way maybe you might be able to see the big picture, instead of me me me.
So your statements about need this and that because they have half the life of the rest of the schools does not fly here.

I do wish that K I would post each wizards stats under there name so you can see if someone is speaking or speaking from experience.

Again I would like to see more fairness with hit amounts and gear stats.

Cya peeps
The only reason Storm seems OP in PvE is because of the way the game's PvE is designed. In this game the best way to win in PvE is to unleash as much damage as soon as possible. Storm excels in unleashing lots of Damage very fast and as such appears to the untrained eye to be "OP" in PvE.

It is in PvP where you truly see Storm's many, many shortcomings.

-Lowest Base Accuracy
-Lowest Health
-Lowest Block
-Least Amount of Utility
-No DoT
-No Offensive/Defensive low pip spells.

Saying that Storm is "OP" is simply false.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Sheesh, all this borderline off-topic bickering about storm school is really derailing the thread. Don't you guys think you should start your own thread about that?

Anyway, there are things you can do to take the difficulty of the game into your own hands, OP:

A while ago there was a thread about someone complaining that Dragonspyre was too easy, and great suggestions were made to make the game more interesting. Suggestions included making handicaps for yourself, like using subpar gear or only certain spells. While you aren't recognized by other players as having done things the hard way, I assume that would not matter anyway, right? The point is that you are sufficiently challenged enough to stay entertained with the game.

It has also been suggested a few times, and I agree wholeheartedly with those suggestions, to make different modes of gameplay when you make a new wizard, like being restricted to certain gear, or you can't use the bazaar, or you have to start all over if your wizard is defeated even once in battle (like the Pokemon nuzlocke challenge).

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
morgrim1981 on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
Thank you for the always thorough updates...however...can u make the game harder rather than provide shortcuts* and dumbed down bosses....as a player for 6+ years I always welcome the challenges...

**skipping to level 50?? why?

Morgrim Dragonstalker et all.... level 110
If only the game were easier for everyone who plays! Challenging bosses and dungeons are always welcome and appreciated by the most hardcore players, but not everyone is hardcore; so existing game content has to allow the greatest range of players to experience it.

This being said, here are some challenges that may keep you busy for more than one round:

Brandon's Quest
https://www.wizard101.com/game/updates#brandon

Bosses

The Rat
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:The_Rat#axzz4HC499VrP
Beat him in 30 Rounds or Less

Jabberwock

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Jabberwock

Belloq

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Belloq
Has to be hit each round; otherwise he casts RA

Malistaire the Undying

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Malistaire_the_Undying_(Shadow)

Skeleton Key Bosses

http://www.duelist101.com/news/updates/wizard101-skeleton-keys/

Dungeons

Waterworks
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Waterworks

Krokopatra Exalted Duel Dungeon

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Krokopatra_Exalted_Duel#axzz4HC499VrP

Meowiarty Exalted Duel Dungeon
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Meowiarty_Exalted_Duel#axzz4HC499VrP

Zeus Exalted Duel Dungeon
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Zeus_Exalted_Duel#axzz4HC499VrP