Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Life Wizard is stuck, and it's my fault! Help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
My first and favorite player, who is a Life Wizard, has been stuck in her early "fifties" forever now in Celestia, because I can't win any battles without help, and I play so sporadically that I keep losing track of my small friend list.
I was wondering if I could take advantage of the Kiosk by the Bazaar that lists joining in on certain battles.
Is this for those of us who don't play every day, or don't have a large friend base to always help out? Or is it something else? If it could help me advance in my game, how do I put my needed level on this kiosk for play?

Stuck, but still want to play,
Sincerely,
PlanetofJanet
AKA Darby Dragonheart

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Don't depend on teaming up in Celestia. You'll have trouble finding partners.

Try to find a way to fight alone. Do you need better gear? Did you train the wrong spells?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
That is exactly why the kiosk is there. You initiate Team Up at the sigil where you have the quest. Someone at the kiosk sees that that battle is available in Celestia and joins, and Voila you have help.

I soloed through Celestia on a Life, so maybe I can help if you tell me what your main difficulties are.

Also, if you haven't done Grizzleheim or Wysteria yet, they can help you level up to gain a little more survivability, too.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2016
We have a lot in common: my favorite and highest character is my life wizard and I had the same exact struggles as you back in the day. First of all, life isn't a very good soloing school so it's a better idea to try to find people. However I did solo most of Celestia. Try to change to crowded realms and all. Did you train a bad school? Cause I did. I trained fire of all schools; seriosuly what was I thinking!?!? At least I could buy back my training points for free. Anyway I reccomend ice up until tower shield and death up until feint. Make sure you have good gear too. I'd say the most important stats for gear at this level would be damage, health, and power pip chance. Critical rating can help too I guess, and give you a few lucky moments but don't depend on that too much right now.I really hope you can solve your problem, because you seriously sound like me and it's insane lol. Good luck fellow life wizard, I know you can beat Celestia if even I could

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
To help your wizard survive better, if you havent done it yet, go look at the L56 crafted gear from Carax Strongthread in wintertusk, dropped gear from waterworks, and dropped gear from zigzag. Put together the best combination of gear from those three, it'll help out a lot. If you have a hard time finding people to help you with zigzag and waterworks, craft the hat/robe/boots from Wintertusk. My life ran a combo of wintertusk and waterworks for a long time and it was fine

Survivor
Jun 17, 2016
It might be beneficial for you to do side quests for any worlds before Celestia. A few more levels might help you out. Still, as a life wizard, it can be difficult to solo at times. Try reaching out to nearby players in the Celestia areas when you see them roaming by or traveling. You might find yourself a questing buddy and can team up for a while to help you carry on.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Thanks everyone; I'll take all of your advice, get better gear, and keep sucking it up till I plow through it.
Thanks again!

Darby Dragon Heart

+ + =

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
Flame Eternity on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
We have a lot in common: my favorite and highest character is my life wizard and I had the same exact struggles as you back in the day. First of all, life isn't a very good soloing school so it's a better idea to try to find people. However I did solo most of Celestia. Try to change to crowded realms and all. Did you train a bad school? Cause I did. I trained fire of all schools; seriosuly what was I thinking!?!? At least I could buy back my training points for free. Anyway I reccomend ice up until tower shield and death up until feint. Make sure you have good gear too. I'd say the most important stats for gear at this level would be damage, health, and power pip chance. Critical rating can help too I guess, and give you a few lucky moments but don't depend on that too much right now.I really hope you can solve your problem, because you seriously sound like me and it's insane lol. Good luck fellow life wizard, I know you can beat Celestia if even I could
>> First of all, life isn't a very good soloing school so it's a better idea to try to find people.

Wow I completely disagree with this. Life is one of the best soloing schools there is. In fact, as far as I know, Life is the only school to ever solo all of Graveyard.

Don't worry about critical rating or off-school hits.

Celestia play style changes from the first arc, so you do need to change your play style a bit too.
  1. Shields are a good addition to your deck, in particular choose a shield that matches the school of the boss. Use TC and draw them asap as Celestia opponents start with a lot of power pips and can start hitting hard right away. Zero pips, so your hit and heal ability is building while limiting damage. Tower shield is OK if you trained it already. TC Tower shield is blocks a little more. I'd rather use balance spirit or elemental shields if I can (i.e., if minions and boss are from that group of schools) as they may block more than one hit. Dual shields are better, they block a lot (i.e., storm boss and fire minions, use volcanic shields).
  2. Check your heals. Regenerate is awesome. It will heal off a ton of damage. I'd go to that right after shields.
  3. TCs. Look at astral school auras. TCs are stronger than trained for many. Fortify can help. Amplify is great as life only just recently got a damage aura and no TCs exist. It will help build your hits for zero pips.
  4. Perhaps check into pets. I love enchanted armaments. Sharpen up a life blade to 50% with another regular life blade -- over double the damage! Add in a trained and sharp spirit blade with amplify and you will crush everything (stack them up, not one at a time). If you can get proof or fairy on the pet that's good too.
  5. The WT gear is wonderful if you craft.
  6. Hang on. You'll get Forest Lord soon and you can mop the earth with that. If you see any FL TCs in the Bazaar, it may be worth grabbing a couple for when there are more than 1 minion.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Valdus Wildheart on Aug 1, 2016 wrote:
>> First of all, life isn't a very good soloing school so it's a better idea to try to find people.

Wow I completely disagree with this. Life is one of the best soloing schools there is. In fact, as far as I know, Life is the only school to ever solo all of Graveyard.

Don't worry about critical rating or off-school hits.

Celestia play style changes from the first arc, so you do need to change your play style a bit too.
  1. Shields are a good addition to your deck, in particular choose a shield that matches the school of the boss. Use TC and draw them asap as Celestia opponents start with a lot of power pips and can start hitting hard right away. Zero pips, so your hit and heal ability is building while limiting damage. Tower shield is OK if you trained it already. TC Tower shield is blocks a little more. I'd rather use balance spirit or elemental shields if I can (i.e., if minions and boss are from that group of schools) as they may block more than one hit. Dual shields are better, they block a lot (i.e., storm boss and fire minions, use volcanic shields).
  2. Check your heals. Regenerate is awesome. It will heal off a ton of damage. I'd go to that right after shields.
  3. TCs. Look at astral school auras. TCs are stronger than trained for many. Fortify can help. Amplify is great as life only just recently got a damage aura and no TCs exist. It will help build your hits for zero pips.
  4. Perhaps check into pets. I love enchanted armaments. Sharpen up a life blade to 50% with another regular life blade -- over double the damage! Add in a trained and sharp spirit blade with amplify and you will crush everything (stack them up, not one at a time). If you can get proof or fairy on the pet that's good too.
  5. The WT gear is wonderful if you craft.
  6. Hang on. You'll get Forest Lord soon and you can mop the earth with that. If you see any FL TCs in the Bazaar, it may be worth grabbing a couple for when there are more than 1 minion.
why wait? Buy TC forest lords :) If you can afford the cost, buy them in groups of like 40 or so. as you get closer to 58 from 57, buy less and less at a time. Just because you have to wait to TRAIN FL, doesnt mean you cant USE it before hand. You SHOULD be able to buy them in large quantities.

Also, a smaller deck with reshuffle works well, but is NOT for everybody. it's hard for people to adjust to that "lifestyle".

Pets are a HUGE help. I go with a dual heal/resist pet and it casts like crazy. The more it heals me, the less I have to. The OP might prefer another method; as long as they find one that works for them.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Again, Thanks everyone for all the advice!

To Paige Golden Spear... Thanks for telling me how to use the kiosk; I was having the devil of a time trying to find it here. Is Wysteria the "other" magic school? If so, I actually did finish that.

To Flame Eternity... Yes, my second school was Fire, too. That was a big bad, eh? So you recommend changing to the Ice School? I'll have to research how to do that, since I haven't heard of it before. Sounds awesome if it's simple.

To Justin Legend Heart... Thanks for the reminder to go back to Grizzleheim and finish up to level up. Sometimes we just need a gentle kick in the rump to remind us to cross our T's and dot our I's.

To Daye Rider... What are TC's? Are they those one time temp fighters you buy with crowns? I'm totally unfamiliar with them. And FORTY AT A TIME? Yikes, they must be valuable!

Darby Dragonheart
++=

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Agree with Valdus, who gave great advice. Adding onto it....

Celestia is hard because you've entered the second arc and the hits come hard and fast at the beginning. If you weren't used to using shields before, get used to it!!

Abandon the fire school. (No offense, I personally love it, but just about all second schools become useless at this level. Focus on your main school from this point onward.) Best school to help you at this point is Death. Get that Feint and watch your spells destroy the enemy!

Train for Fortify and Amplify, then train for Giant, etc. These spells are available in the base camp under the Sun and Star Astral schools. Don't bother with the Moon schools, especially if you are limited on training points. Another helpful spell to train is Stun Block, available from Diego in Unicorn Way. Ice and Myth mobs love to stun.

Pick the weakest enemy and kill him first. Kill him fast! Then heal, rinse and repeat. The faster you can get rid of a pesky 'minion' the better for you, as you will take less damage. This is true now, before you get Forest Lord, but it will be just as true after you earn that wonderful spell. Always take out the weakest one first.

Wintertusk gear is nearly equal to Waterworks gear. My Life is breezing through on a combination of these. There are plants you can garden to help you get the reagents you need. If you need help crafting, ask the Crafting message board and you'll get great advice there.

Long live Life!!
Sophia Soulmender
Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
PofJ on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
Again, Thanks everyone for all the advice!

To Paige Golden Spear... Thanks for telling me how to use the kiosk; I was having the devil of a time trying to find it here. Is Wysteria the "other" magic school? If so, I actually did finish that.

To Flame Eternity... Yes, my second school was Fire, too. That was a big bad, eh? So you recommend changing to the Ice School? I'll have to research how to do that, since I haven't heard of it before. Sounds awesome if it's simple.

To Justin Legend Heart... Thanks for the reminder to go back to Grizzleheim and finish up to level up. Sometimes we just need a gentle kick in the rump to remind us to cross our T's and dot our I's.

To Daye Rider... What are TC's? Are they those one time temp fighters you buy with crowns? I'm totally unfamiliar with them. And FORTY AT A TIME? Yikes, they must be valuable!

Darby Dragonheart
++=
tcs = treasure cards

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
TC is those golden cards you can get after a battle that you can only use once. You can get TC from buying them, them getting dropped, from packs and trading. Also I have a lot of characters and is bored. I could help you quest along sometimes if you want.