Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary Class + Best Packs for Death Students ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Hey guys

I recently got a membership; and about 13k or so crowns, along with saving up all of my training points still (3) @ level 9. I'm a Death student, and I'm just really hesitant to start a secondary school without knowing fully what each school's benefits are.

I'm definitely avoiding myth + life and wondering about storm or fire ? However I really don't know which would suffice better.

Along with that; I'm curious to what packs give good death gear or dark / gothic / macabre themed housing items ? I really would prefer something that would fit with the 'Death' theme such as dark bows or black armor.

Thank you!

- Jessica DarkBlood
Lvl 9

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
SinfulLies on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys

I recently got a membership; and about 13k or so crowns, along with saving up all of my training points still (3) @ level 9. I'm a Death student, and I'm just really hesitant to start a secondary school without knowing fully what each school's benefits are.

I'm definitely avoiding myth + life and wondering about storm or fire ? However I really don't know which would suffice better.

Along with that; I'm curious to what packs give good death gear or dark / gothic / macabre themed housing items ? I really would prefer something that would fit with the 'Death' theme such as dark bows or black armor.

Thank you!

- Jessica DarkBlood
Lvl 9
Learn spirit blade and spirit trap from Niles (the balance tree in krokotopia), When you get to celestia invest in the sun and/or star school. As for packs, I would wait for the halloween pack

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
First of all I would hold off on buying packs. The gear is scaled to the level of the wizard your buying them on. You will quickly outgrow the lvl 10 gear. (The Terrors hoard pack and Road Warriors both have good looking death like gear and the Ravens hoard drops bows). For side schools it is really your decision but I would personally go with life (gives satyr), ice (tower shield + blizzard) or fire (meteor). All enemy attacks are useful for death until you get crow or farm for Deer Knight which can be earned through farming, crafting (Requires level 70 ish) or Knight's Lore Pack.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Cass MoonHeart on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
First of all I would hold off on buying packs. The gear is scaled to the level of the wizard your buying them on. You will quickly outgrow the lvl 10 gear. (The Terrors hoard pack and Road Warriors both have good looking death like gear and the Ravens hoard drops bows). For side schools it is really your decision but I would personally go with life (gives satyr), ice (tower shield + blizzard) or fire (meteor). All enemy attacks are useful for death until you get crow or farm for Deer Knight which can be earned through farming, crafting (Requires level 70 ish) or Knight's Lore Pack.
Satyr isn't worth is because life gets drain spells. Tower shield is good, but blizzard or meteor are not. You can just save your training points for something more useful and if you need an aoe you can just buy scarecrow tc until you learn it.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Pretty much what others have been saying- death doesn't really need an official secondary school but having stuff like tower shield, stun block, tri blades/traps, school shields from sabrina greenstar in the fairegrounds and reshuffle from the witch on colossus blvd will help a lot. As for packs, just get a few on the chance that you get some cool looking gear/wands and save the rest of your crowns for holiday packs. I'm working on saving crowns for the halloween packs because they usually add cool new stuff each year.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
MightySwashbuckler... on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
Satyr isn't worth is because life gets drain spells. Tower shield is good, but blizzard or meteor are not. You can just save your training points for something more useful and if you need an aoe you can just buy scarecrow tc until you learn it.
Oops, meant to say death get drain spells

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
Don't secondary in anything, just as you go along save up training points for cards that benefit your spells for max damage and hold off on packs until your max level to get the best out of them but even then when you max there is darkmoore which has the best gear you might want to spend your crowns on other enjoyable things... Like mounts, pets, amulets housing items etc.

Eric owl hunter 110
Eric Titan Bringer 36

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Thank you to everyone who replied!

I definitley appreciate the help + advice, it's honestly helped me alot!