Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary Class + Packs for Death Students?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Hey guys

I recently got a membership; and about 13k or so crowns, along with saving up all of my training points still (3) @ level 9. I'm a Death student, and I'm just really hesitant to start a secondary school without knowing fully what each school's benefits are.

I'm definitely avoiding myth + life and wondering about storm or fire ? However I really don't know which would suffice better.

Along with that; I'm curious to what packs give good death gear or dark / gothic / macabre themed housing items ? I really would prefer something that would fit with the 'Death' theme such as dark bows or black armor.

Thank you!

- Jessica DarkBlood
Lvl 9

Survivor
Mar 03, 2015
When it comes to a secondary school all of the high level people have gone this route; life to satyr, death to feint, and ice to tower shield, sometimes balance to weakness. This is the best way to spend your points. Along with a spirit blade and spirit trap farther in the game and astral spells. I recommend investing in life until you get satyr first. Fire and storm are great primary schools but mediocre secondary.

And a good pack for death items is the raven pack, whatever that is. i think its called raven lore pack.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
Hello there! Now about the secondary school:
Since you are a death, you don't have to worry about training up to feint which is a really helpful spell later on or train to satyr since most your spells allow you to split the damage you do into health. I know this by experience, do NOT train a whole secondary school without having a mastery (This allows you to be able to use power pips for one other school) because you WILL run out of training points and struggle to get more, then you will have to spend crowns to buy all training points that you have used back. For you, I would probably train to get tower shield which is very helpful (You need to be level 16), until then, save your points. Once you get to level, I think, 96 or 97 you can train shadow spells. When you get to Krokotopia and can access the school of balance, Go to the tree standing outside (I think his name is Niles or just Nile) and purchase the trio blade called "Spirit Blade" as that will allow you to do more damage than normal, even more if you double up with your own school blade that you should already have at your level. I know this is a lot of information to take in, but in short time, you'll be a pro.

And onto the housing and other items:
I know nothing about furniture that comes out of packs but I'm assuming that when halloween rolls around items from those packs will suit your fancy quite well. I also don't know much about good armor that comes at your level but I do know one piece of armor that you can dye black at the dye shop that looks like armor, and if you find some stats you like, you can stitch it. Now I'm running out of room fast so if theres anything you don't understand, please use google to search it up. The robe is called "Dragoon's Garment." You can find this item in the bazaar sometimes for, Idk how much gold. If you can't find it, look through the robe part of the bazaar until you find one that looks like it.

I'm now out of room, I hope I helped you enough. Have a nice day!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
As death wizard, you don't need a secondary school at all. You are already training Death so feint is covered. You will mostly be attacking with drain spells so healing isn't needed. You will likely never use Tower Shield in PvE play anyways, so don't bother with it. You will want the Spirit Blades/Traps from the Balance tree you can train those at levels 20-25. Reshuffle can be helpful, but you can always just buy TC of them. After those, save points for Sun school damage boosts. Focus on using drain attacks, the more damage you do, the more healed you are at the end of the battle.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Hi There

Secondary School:

Since your Death, you don't have to train up to feint ( saves you 7 training points ). Lots of people train of to Satyr in Life, but since your Death its not needed ( you get lots of drain spells, which give you health for attacking ). Again, that saves you another 7 training points. Most of the people I meet in game say train Tower Shield. I personally don't agree. I trained it on my death, and never used it! Well, if you do plan on doing PvP its very very useful. If you decide to not do PvP that saves you 5-7 training points ( not sure on that :P ). Make sure to train Spirit Blade from Niles. If you like, you can train Spirit Trap also but you don't need it. Train up to Colossus in the Sun School, which you'll unlock at the beginning of the 2nd Arc. Also, your going to train you school aura, sharpen blade, and potent trap. Infallible is also a helpful spell, but again not required.

Death Packs:

Raven Lore is a good pack for Death themed items. But, if you really want the good ones, wait until Halloween. The Nightmare Pack is a good one, and of course the Halloween vendor in the Shopping District is the best for clothing. I love the flaming horse pet from the Halloween vendor. I'm not 100% sure what its called, but you can look on the Wiki, or just wait till Halloween, promise you'll find it. The stats are actually really good for it as well. To be honest, I don't really know any Death themed clothes for your level. The Elegant set for death is always good, but I think you have to be level 40 for that. The secret-ish boss in Crimson Fields in Mooshu drops the hat and boots. The Jade Oni drops the robe. It might be a different drop ( for example Oni might drop the hat, etc ). If your interested in this gear, I'm always up for farming with you!

Extra:

Number of Training Points Needed: 11* Without Tower Shield, Satyr. With Colossus, Spirit Blade/Trap, Infall

Tell me if you need help with farming or questing!

Good Luck In The Spiral!!!!!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Thank you to everyone who replied!

I definitley appreciate the help + advice, it's honestly helped me alot!