Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reasons why not to ban Guardian Spirit from pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Hi i am a max level life wizard with reasons why not to ban guardian spirit (If ki ever thinks about banning that spell)

1. Guardian spirit i not unstoppable. There are plenty of ways to counter this spell and it cost a fair amount of pips.
2. Each school has at least one spell thats is extremely powerful, such as bad juju. Banning Guardian spirit means ki has to take away one powerful spell from each school.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Kingsisle is not banning guardian spirit from PvP, they are banning the cards from the battle cherub pet from the Cuckoo Clock bundle. The guardian spirit cards on the Battle Cherub go up to 3 copies. This poses a huge problem for low level pvp and high level pvp.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Not entirely sure, but I think they just intend for the Clockwork Cherub Pet from the bundle. I am pretty sure the normal spell and the spell on gear with a level requirement will remain unaffected. Hope that puts your mind at ease!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Feedback avenger on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
Hi i am a max level life wizard with reasons why not to ban guardian spirit (If ki ever thinks about banning that spell)

1. Guardian spirit i not unstoppable. There are plenty of ways to counter this spell and it cost a fair amount of pips.
2. Each school has at least one spell thats is extremely powerful, such as bad juju. Banning Guardian spirit means ki has to take away one powerful spell from each school.
agree (people spam life dispel) unless friend carry cleanse charm

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
I believe bad juju should be remove from pvp

Squire
May 10, 2013

I agree with you.

Almost every max life wizard keeps Guardian Spirit in their arsenal, as it usually is a key spell. It's like FFA for Fire. If KI took it away it would give a major disadvantage (that life already has) and make it worse being (essentially if it gets banned) that life would be a pushover in PvP.

PlayHard101
Once a death wizard, always a death wizard

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014

I agree (maycast enfleeble & shatter) to OVERPOWER as mix with others spell (lucky wasn't no maycast earthquake but wish does exist people complain everybody (others dumb people don't know how to counter it)

Guardian Spirit Isn't That good of a spell (beside made NO PvP to much school are Abusing Pet for more resist pet) or better stronger resist pet to max resist pet as it limit!

least feel about mostly for myth (that pet would be useful for myth) they don't have healing spell (mostly people just use life spell (infection, mass infection, doom and gloom, life dispel

(people spam dispel to much they do for every around harder for myth because can't heal because harder to beat myth with set of myth dispel & earthquake spam while your myth can't stack blade or shield (can't heal) myth doesn't have a heal (only heal by there minion) to weak for myth except talos (unless not vs overpower school)

want work on myth wizard so, much need extra heal (least got new AoE) but not enough for myth beside don't have good spamming spell except made aftershock tc as real spell (more better earthquake then normal 6 pips earthquake) aftershock 4 pips earthquake

I want aftershock as MAYCAST on mine pet (just get people stop complain about how overpower pet spell they are because no counter to it but there is counter too it! ice doesn't use life mastery amulet!

I have ice immunity on ice wizard (he use myth spell more) when vs ice wizard also clued mythic colossus & witch's housecall. also even use cleanse wards (useful for me keep people from using prims (also useful people trouble in a duel (trying rid wizard to fast) reason for me to remove there feints!

getting rid of wizard to fast means: they want them gone, to hard to defeat them, trolling to much of own spell like 1 spell spam dispel and others try attack or double shadow shrike attack trolls they cast them right dare try tank against them, not to use it again, make state more useless so, they call you bad name of term of use!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
What o.o? Who ever said anything about banning it from PvP? I think you're getting mixed up with the guardian spirit ITEM CARD given by the Battle Cherub pet that basically allows any school to use it PvP and PvE. That should be banned.

(Well not banned, but making it No PvP would be a more reasonable option.)

KI would probably never ban the school spell. The reasons you give are valid.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
thelastdiviner on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
What o.o? Who ever said anything about banning it from PvP? I think you're getting mixed up with the guardian spirit ITEM CARD given by the Battle Cherub pet that basically allows any school to use it PvP and PvE. That should be banned.

(Well not banned, but making it No PvP would be a more reasonable option.)

KI would probably never ban the school spell. The reasons you give are valid.
no only banning guardian spirit card from pvp (to much people hatching with pet to abusing the pet for only hatching with others resist pet abusing more resist for jade pets so, make more max resist pets!

least 4 school has single max 15% resist and spell proof & spell defying (double it with resist jewel for pet collar with to own single 4 school resist wards pets)

immunity wizard has got more risky so, now more after weaker school! allot life/storm ice/fire perk tournament using allot fire immunity)

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I say ban all item cards of it.... (It still exists on a wand at all tiers)... I'm fine with it at max level. (75+) But, its very hard to counter at levels 20-40.