Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Creating different modes of ranked pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
I've heard from many wizards that pvp isn't the same any more. Especially for higher level wizards. Matches these days are won by luck rather then skill. Some wizards such as my self prefer more slower pace matches rather then matches that last one minute. There are also those who abuse op spells like bad juju.

I believe that there is a simple solution to all this. Similar to pvp tournament, Ki should create different modes of pvp with different set of rules such as no pets or your resistance can't be that high, or a limited amount critical ratting. Now for those who actually like faster pace matches then Ki can create a mode just for the offensive tactic. Lastly, for those who dont want any boost or restriction the original ranked pvp can still be available.

I'm more of a classic ranked pvp dueler who likes to fight strategically , i dont like it when matches are decided by luck. I hope ki could take my idea under consideration and i'll await for a reply.

(I purchased crowns just to share my ideas XD)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Feedback avenger on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
I've heard from many wizards that pvp isn't the same any more. Especially for higher level wizards. Matches these days are won by luck rather then skill. Some wizards such as my self prefer more slower pace matches rather then matches that last one minute. There are also those who abuse op spells like bad juju.

I believe that there is a simple solution to all this. Similar to pvp tournament, Ki should create different modes of pvp with different set of rules such as no pets or your resistance can't be that high, or a limited amount critical ratting. Now for those who actually like faster pace matches then Ki can create a mode just for the offensive tactic. Lastly, for those who dont want any boost or restriction the original ranked pvp can still be available.

I'm more of a classic ranked pvp dueler who likes to fight strategically , i dont like it when matches are decided by luck. I hope ki could take my idea under consideration and i'll await for a reply.

(I purchased crowns just to share my ideas XD)
try make others wizard to see what others school good at?

i am good ice wizard so, trying figure out, what fit others school that good at closers to mine ice!then being ice all the time!

mine range between (worst range don't do well is fire) death is ok but more smarter with storm/life/myth/balance (enjoyed balance little more beside love supernova so, useful in Avalon because allot boss & minion use aura allot :)

only enjoyed storm (do well at pvp for risking thing) so, do well with insane bolt spam!

trying mine life wizard (doing ok) does have perfect powerful percent (only level 58) max 96 power pips

i love mine myth because perfect name really fit good myth wizard name :) help allot give others school more luck :)

i believe thing even thing are fake or real (Mostly figure fake thing that are mostly real )

i saw alien spaceship once (when i was little when going to grandma & grandpa) no plane 100% circle

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Excellent concept. Kingsisle has come close to this by adding modes such as:

- No treasure cards
- School spells only

I would in fact not mind if more modes like this restricting both sides were added to the game. I'd like to see a mode which denies the use of critical/critical block ratings.

If you're having trouble with Juju spammers, just let them hurt themselves. It's not a spell that can be effectively spammed. When they've used up their pips and are saving up for more Jujus, use wand attacks and rank 2-4 spells to rid of them. when you no longer have any of those weaknesses on, strike hard. Their health should be significantly lower from the Jujus themselves. Inevitably, they'll seriously injure themselves keeping the weaknesses on you. It's a spell they rely on, which means they're relying on a spell that hurts themselves. To prevent them from regenerating health lost by the Bad Jujus, keep your guard up while removing the weaknesses as quickly as you can, which will pressure them to keep casting it on you, only hurting them more as well. When they have enough pips, they'll most likely have Call of Khrulhu's to steal some health from you.

It won't take more than a few Jujus to make their health very low. Each Bad Juju takes 400 health at an average which means they can't spam it forever. If you ever encounter another Juju spammer, just know this:

- Keep your defense up. You never know when they'll cast Call of Khrulhu for some extra health.
- Remove the Weaknesses as soon as possible. This pressures them into casting more Jujus, which will hurt them badly in doing so.
- They most likely won't have much defense aside from bad juju since Juju would use tower shield.
- They only have at most 8 Bad Jujus until they need to reshuffle. Take advantage of this "reloading time" to deal a crippling hit.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
dumbug23 on Jul 15, 2016 wrote:
Excellent concept. Kingsisle has come close to this by adding modes such as:

- No treasure cards
- School spells only

I would in fact not mind if more modes like this restricting both sides were added to the game. I'd like to see a mode which denies the use of critical/critical block ratings.

If you're having trouble with Juju spammers, just let them hurt themselves. It's not a spell that can be effectively spammed. When they've used up their pips and are saving up for more Jujus, use wand attacks and rank 2-4 spells to rid of them. when you no longer have any of those weaknesses on, strike hard. Their health should be significantly lower from the Jujus themselves. Inevitably, they'll seriously injure themselves keeping the weaknesses on you. It's a spell they rely on, which means they're relying on a spell that hurts themselves. To prevent them from regenerating health lost by the Bad Jujus, keep your guard up while removing the weaknesses as quickly as you can, which will pressure them to keep casting it on you, only hurting them more as well. When they have enough pips, they'll most likely have Call of Khrulhu's to steal some health from you.

It won't take more than a few Jujus to make their health very low. Each Bad Juju takes 400 health at an average which means they can't spam it forever. If you ever encounter another Juju spammer, just know this:

- Keep your defense up. You never know when they'll cast Call of Khrulhu for some extra health.
- Remove the Weaknesses as soon as possible. This pressures them into casting more Jujus, which will hurt them badly in doing so.
- They most likely won't have much defense aside from bad juju since Juju would use tower shield.
- They only have at most 8 Bad Jujus until they need to reshuffle. Take advantage of this "reloading time" to deal a crippling hit.
That is a good way of thinking about it, some spells do have their drawbacks. Regarding certain modes when it comes to my idea, No critical or block would most probably fall in the classic mode.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I too like the idea. I've thought about it before and I do think it would be a good solution. Hopefully can satisfy everyone as that is all that the PVP board is about is complaining about PVP.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I love the idea.
A little variety would be nice.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Professor Falmea just released this as the Topic for Feedback Friday this week! Might want to put your ideas on that thread also!

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-7-15-16-8ad6a42b55e3563f0155f095b5054c21?reset=1

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
I am very focused on this idea, for those who also think its a great idea i would like you all to make post similar to mine. I really want KI to notice this idea.I'm sure with enough wizards posting about the same idea ki will eventually notice and thus would bring back some life in the arena.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
how about this one: no gear, no pets, no tc. just base wiz plus trained spells?