Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game gets corrupted on Win10..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
For some reason... when i first bought my new computer, with Win10.. My Wiz has been getting "corrupted". What i mean by this, is textures will glitch up, sometimes chars have no face. Characters are just black without any skin texture at all.. I have no idea whats caused this and i have no idea how to stop it from happening.. Alright well, thanks

Daniel DayThistle Level 110
Daniel MistBlood Level 81

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I've been running win10 for quite a while with no problems. Uninstall and reinstall the entire program (a total pain, I know- I've done it multiple times), make sure you are not using a 3rd party client (aka make sure you are playing with the client you dowloaded from the W101 site and not someone else's), make sure you don't have viruses (do you have both a firewall AND an anti-virus program?), make sure you haven't been trying to get into W101 files on your computer (against ToS and can potentially screw up the game on your end).

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
This is a new computer, i downloaded it from the official site and like.. Idk just when i start playing it or go afk in the game it starts to corrupt and do weird things. I have an Anti-Virus and a firewall. I as well haven't been trying to get into the files. I will redownload the game though. Thanks for the help :)

Daniel DayThistle Level 110
Daniel MistBlood Level 81

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
many have had similar issues using Wiz with windows 10;
i changed it to run the game on 8.1 and problems solved