Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

castle darkmoor drop rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2016
I have farmed for the boots for like a week now and still don't have them, and people said that is the easiest gear piece to get, but why is it hard for me? I am getting really mad.

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Hi Trexhy!

Sounds like you really want those boots! While there's no direct correlation between you and the rate at which Malistaire's boots drops, those are not the most common drops. For my own wizards, the boots were the last thing on my life wizard's Loot List too. Malistaire's drop rate is explained below.

- Malistaire has not 1, but 2 possible loot rolls. One for defeating him in his Undying form, and one for his Shadow form.
- If you at any time you flee or are defeated and must teleport back into the battle while he is in his Shadow form, the loot roll from the Undying form is lost, meaning you now only have one chance at a piece of gear.

- Malistaire's gear drops are guaranteed , meaning you will always get at least one piece of gear from either Tiers 1, 2, or 3. If you defeat Malistaire and never fled, you get another loot roll! (Hope that cheers you up!)

- Tier 3 gear is Malistaire's gear. These are mixed with all of the previous tiers into his loot rolls, which can be unfortunate sometimes.

Since Malistaire has two potential loot rolls, I'd suggest bringing along at least one healer to keep everyone alive so no one has to lose one loot roll just from being defeated. This way your chance at epic gear is doubled! Yes, that is why everyone argues over who gets the life wizards in front of the Graveyard gates!

If you want some extra chances at loot and don't want to the dungeon over and over again, his loot chest is a great way to get the cool gear! Every time you use the Second Chance chest, you will ALWAYS get one piece of gear from any tier! The Second Chance chest is definitely worth investing a few crowns in!

If you are interested in doing Graveyard with me, I'm always happy to help! Just reply to this post and we can discuss times to do some runs.

Matthew Skullsword
Blaine Sandsword

(That is all of my wizards. I like being supportive, so there ya have it! )