Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't catch specific fishes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
So I've been trying to finish my Dragonspyre fishing quest for a while now, and I keep catching Red Armored Guards instead of the Sentinels I actually need. I need to catch the Dragonfly Fish, Sweet Yellow Grunion, and Hard Albacore.
I use the Reveal School spell for fishing, and the Sentinels are ALWAYS Red Armored Guards (Ice fish).
I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong, or I just have horrible luck? Any help would be appreciated, I'm kind of tired of catching the same fish every time I go to this quest, and then I end up losing all my energy.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
exp613 on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Purchase the Winnow Spells from Timor Flamecaster. They are magic!
Alright, I'll try those. My only issue is that the only Sentinels around are the ones that I've already caught, and all of them are ALWAYS Ice. It's getting kinda frustrating, haha.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
you need to go to different parts of Dragonspyre to catch some of the fish you need. Go to an area and check your map for lava areas you can fish. Most of DS is structured the same, so it won't be hard to find lava areas to fish.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
snowflake123456 on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
So I've been trying to finish my Dragonspyre fishing quest for a while now, and I keep catching Red Armored Guards instead of the Sentinels I actually need. I need to catch the Dragonfly Fish, Sweet Yellow Grunion, and Hard Albacore.
I use the Reveal School spell for fishing, and the Sentinels are ALWAYS Red Armored Guards (Ice fish).
I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong, or I just have horrible luck? Any help would be appreciated, I'm kind of tired of catching the same fish every time I go to this quest, and then I end up losing all my energy.
The Dragonfly Fish, Sweet Yellow Grunion, and Hard Albacore are not Sentinel fish. They are regular fish. So that's the first thing you need to make sure of; that you're not going for Sentinels.

If you've already looked up to find where those fish are, then you should find them as long as you're not trying to catch Sentinels.

Once you're done that quest, you'll get the quest to catch 3 Fresh Lava Smelts, and 3 Parrot Fish. After that, you'll get one last quest to catch one of those Red Armored Guards. Once you complete that, you'll get the Banish Sentinel spell. Good luck.