Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help with Eagle War Shield!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I currently can't get to the place I need to be in Azteca to complete it (Mangrove Marsh), in all honesty I don't even have Azteca unlocked, I just went there when I found a tapestry, and got the quest for crafting. I need someone who can help me get to the Mangrove Marsh, and maybe have some suggestions for where I can get turquoise and the Potent Trap TC.

I've heard Potent Trap is non-trade, so I can't find it in the Bazaar, that I know for sure. And Turquoise I've only seen a few times, so I like to think it's hit-or-miss (like most rare things in the Bazaar).

Needless to say, any help would be appreciated! I'm more than willing to meet up with someone somewhere that's easy, and then add them and port to these places. If you're on the quest, then we could help one another, if possible? I could help you find reagents, or whatever you need for the specific quest.

Thanks a bunch to anyone who responds!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
TC Potent Trap can be the very Bane of your existence there for a while. It is NO TRADE so you won't find it anywhere but from defeating bosses (or maybe like chests)

What level are you? While someone could port you around Azteca, but it would be much better if you were the appropriate level and were there yourself. You will have much more luck gaining turquoise and Potent Trap TCs that way. As they are both dropped from a number of Azteca bosses.

So again, just wait till you get to Azteca proper before trying to craft the shield. Also you have to visit Mangrove Marsh to get the agave leaves before you craft the shield or you have to do it again. (Trust me I learned the hard way and had to make 2 shields.) Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
exp613 on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
TC Potent Trap can be the very Bane of your existence there for a while. It is NO TRADE so you won't find it anywhere but from defeating bosses (or maybe like chests)

What level are you? While someone could port you around Azteca, but it would be much better if you were the appropriate level and were there yourself. You will have much more luck gaining turquoise and Potent Trap TCs that way. As they are both dropped from a number of Azteca bosses.

So again, just wait till you get to Azteca proper before trying to craft the shield. Also you have to visit Mangrove Marsh to get the agave leaves before you craft the shield or you have to do it again. (Trust me I learned the hard way and had to make 2 shields.) Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Alright, understood! Yeah, I think I saw on another post about Azteca that you didn't go to the Mangrove Marsh originally and ended up making the two. I have everything I need minus the turquoise and the Potent Trap, sadly, so I'm just kind of stuck with that. What level do you usually get into Azteca? I'm a level 67 Necromancer, so I just got Zafaria unlocked. I'm super looking forward to Avalon, however, lol.

But yeah, that makes the most sense, I'll just wait, then. I mainly wanted to level up my crafting 'cause of the tapestries that I want. However, they're not SUPER important, more of a "want" more than a "need", y'know?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
snowflake123456 on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Alright, understood! Yeah, I think I saw on another post about Azteca that you didn't go to the Mangrove Marsh originally and ended up making the two. I have everything I need minus the turquoise and the Potent Trap, sadly, so I'm just kind of stuck with that. What level do you usually get into Azteca? I'm a level 67 Necromancer, so I just got Zafaria unlocked. I'm super looking forward to Avalon, however, lol.

But yeah, that makes the most sense, I'll just wait, then. I mainly wanted to level up my crafting 'cause of the tapestries that I want. However, they're not SUPER important, more of a "want" more than a "need", y'know?
To Enter Azteca you must be at least level 75 and will start out by talking to Cyrus Drake. Just stick to the Storyline quests and minimize the amount of side quests you complete and you will be there in no time at all! Good luck!