Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm or Life?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2015
Which school do you think is easier, more fun, and not a drag throughout the game( especially in higher worlds)? Which one requires minimal crowns in order to survive? (mastery amulets, gear etc)
I'll mostly be pve soloing, but team play and pvp are also major factors. Feel free to comment about other schools as well

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Life is easier to solo than Storm up through level 40 or so, but battles take longer because you have to take the enemies out one at a time. That doesn't change until you get Forest Lord at level 58.

Storm struggles more in the beginning because of low health and lots of fizzles, but becomes a power-house by level 55-60 (crafted Wintertusk gear becomes available at 56, then Waterworks gear at level 60). I have a level 87 Storm who soloed to level 30, teamed with a Life from 30-65, then has soloed ever since. Currently she's in Azteca and doing fine on her own.

My Life is level 63 and has soloed all along, but just now she's becoming a team player for all the dungeons available to level 60 wizards. She can hit hard when she needs to.

Alia Misthaven 110
Sofia Soulmender 63
Sierra Stormcaller, 87

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
For my first wizard I played in the Life school and I loved it. The heals, especially Fairy, are extremely useful when you're low in pips.
Additionally, Life's attacks and damage aren't that bad at all. The only downfall is that there's no AOE (all-of-enemies) attack until level 58 (Forest Lord).

When forced to solo battles, such as the Aztecan astral obelisk quests, I don't recall having to summon a Henchman from the crown shop (maybe only once or twice), just a casted minion.

During team play, Life is one of the easier schools. All I had to do was heal and buff my friends.

As a Storm wizard, you might have a rough time with soloing due to the low health and faulty accuracy. But Storm is a major powerhouse when it comes to team play.

Withal, both schools are amazing and it's hard to choose between them. I, personally, seeing what you've noted, would imagine you to be a Life wizard.

Hope this helps, and we'd love to hear which school you choose! Tata!

- Marissa

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Storm is WAY better! Life can not do any battles on it's own because its attacks are not strong. If you get a storm account, just use lightning strike and get gear that boosts accuracy and you will be fine. Keep in mind most of the time storm makes. But, because of its lower health, just learn Life until you get satyr and you will be fine. You might ask then why not be life and learn from storm? You should be storm and learn life because most of Storm's best attacks can not be trained using training points. (ex: Sirens, Leviathan, Storm Owl). I hope this helps you!

Taylor DaisyFlame- Level 70

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Storm is a much faster solo (After 28) but life has much more health and survives easier (They also speed up after they get forest lord). I would personally go with life since 50% of max levels are probably storm or fire.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I mean, I have both. I just started a couple days ago with my storm and while the fizzle rate is INSANE, it's pretty easy to solo. What I couldn't solo at all with my life, is a breeze with my storm.

Storm has amazing attacks, but mediocre health with many fizzles at the beginning. Then again, it's extremely easy to solo.
Life on the other hand has not the best attacks, but amazing health and an easier chance to survive. Not very easy to solo, especially when you get to the harder worlds.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I have a Max Life and a not quite Max Storm. Some other characters, too.

To me, Life is the most fun to play. Yes, killing is slow until you get Foreat Lord, but you can play Life so many ways, Straight Healer, Hybrid Support/Healer, or Hitter.

Storm is dull to me. Blade, blade, blade, Tempest. Done. Repeat until higher level dungeons where you replace with Storm Lord, Sirens, Glowbug. You'll never be wanted to play support unless there's a Storm with more Damage or Critical also in the group. You pretty much have one role. Kill things.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2015
I would honestly do balance school with life as secondary. Balance has no weakness or strength. Life has death, storm has myth, and ice has fire. Balance school has pretty strong spells, but so does storm. The thing about storm is that it has very weak defenses.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Taylor Daisy Flame on Jul 9, 2016 wrote:
Storm is WAY better! Life can not do any battles on it's own because its attacks are not strong. If you get a storm account, just use lightning strike and get gear that boosts accuracy and you will be fine. Keep in mind most of the time storm makes. But, because of its lower health, just learn Life until you get satyr and you will be fine. You might ask then why not be life and learn from storm? You should be storm and learn life because most of Storm's best attacks can not be trained using training points. (ex: Sirens, Leviathan, Storm Owl). I hope this helps you!

Taylor DaisyFlame- Level 70
You're kidding, right?

I soloed a lot as a life wizard. Storm doesn't even have a chance at the Dragonspyre towers alone! Not to mention that you won't be able to use Satyr much unless you have a Life Mastery Amulet, and even then Guiding Light is completely off-limits to you. Lightning Strike is also a more limited version of the already-useless Precision, and good gear that increases accuracy is hard to find.

Also, you should never train Storm as a secondary.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
sKochiya on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
You're kidding, right?

I soloed a lot as a life wizard. Storm doesn't even have a chance at the Dragonspyre towers alone! Not to mention that you won't be able to use Satyr much unless you have a Life Mastery Amulet, and even then Guiding Light is completely off-limits to you. Lightning Strike is also a more limited version of the already-useless Precision, and good gear that increases accuracy is hard to find.

Also, you should never train Storm as a secondary.
Um, you can solo the towers in DS with storm just fine. I literally just did it.