Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do not ban the Battle Cherub from PVP (Why)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I was very alarmed when seeing that the pet was going to be PVP banned, because I have spent well over 1 million gold, 30+ hatches, and over 1000 crowns on timer potions to get a perfect cherub. The spell that it comes with is not over powered. I do agree that 3 guardian spirits is a bit too many, but the spell itself is not game breaking in the slightest. first of all you can predict them using it, and dispel before so that their pips are wasted. When you get the kill and they come back, just use a two-pip enchanted spell to finish the job. They come back with no pips, so the only thing they can possibly do is shield, or fairy if they got a power pip.

Solutions -

- Take the card count from 3 to 1.
- set it so that the spell can be used by wizards level 50+ only in PVP
- Switch the card out for something that is still useful but not as broken, such as triage or satyr
- Remove the card entirely from the pet (Though a replacement card should be there considering it is a bundle pet.)
- If you really are removing it from PVP, give me the option to take those stats and give them to another pet. Because literally the only reason for my pet's existence is to provide solid resistance in the arena. I would never need the pet in PVE.

What do you guys think? I feel like people automatically assume that the card is just too broken, given that it brings you back to life. But there are simple countermeasures to take in order to kill them right as they revive, or stop the spell entirely. PLEASE KI look at this and do not remove the pet from pvp as a whole! Or at least give it a new card.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
The card should not be removed. Spells make pets unique. However, these would not be bad solutions:

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Only for level 50+ wizards?

Grandmaster PvP in a nutshell.

Can't it just give like a Rebirth, not a Guardian Spirit?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Jacob LotusCaller on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Only for level 50+ wizards?

Grandmaster PvP in a nutshell.

Can't it just give like a Rebirth, not a Guardian Spirit?
the majority of people demanded KI to make the card non pvp because pvp was gonna be in ruins. its still pretty helpful for PVE though

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
ElectroCat on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
I was very alarmed when seeing that the pet was going to be PVP banned, because I have spent well over 1 million gold, 30+ hatches, and over 1000 crowns on timer potions to get a perfect cherub. The spell that it comes with is not over powered. I do agree that 3 guardian spirits is a bit too many, but the spell itself is not game breaking in the slightest. first of all you can predict them using it, and dispel before so that their pips are wasted. When you get the kill and they come back, just use a two-pip enchanted spell to finish the job. They come back with no pips, so the only thing they can possibly do is shield, or fairy if they got a power pip.

Solutions -

- Switch the card out for something that is still useful but not as broken, such as triage or satyr
- Remove the card entirely from the pet (Though a replacement card should be there considering it is a bundle pet.)
- If you really are removing it from PVP, give me the option to take those stats and give them to another pet. Because literally the only reason for my pet's existence is to provide solid resistance in the arena. I would never need the pet in PVE.

What do you guys think? I feel like people automatically assume that the card is just too broken, given that it brings you back to life. But there are simple countermeasures to take in order to kill them right as they revive, or stop the spell entirely. PLEASE KI look at this and do not remove the pet from pvp as a whole! Or at least give it a new card.
there is one flaw in what you said
1. Its getting removed because it gives an unfair advantage in 1v1 low level. Lower levels don't have dispels.

things that should be done
1. make the pet 30+ level only
2. why does battle cherub have to have guardian spirit in the first place? It makes one of lifes best spells not unique
3. don't make it not-pvp. If this happens, change the name Battle Cherub to PVE Battle Cherub
4. this pet should not be hatchable to the public. It will make lower levels too op