Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aborting Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2016
Hey everyone!

So, I can't be the first one who picked up a quest they didn't want.

I'm looking at you person who picked up that quest where you have to find all those freggin' books and read them...and you didn't want to.

Why can't we abort quests then?

If you're OCD like I am, having unfinished quests that you didn't WANT to pick up in the first place, are a PAIN.

It's a simple idea that I can't understand why it's not already built into the game. But maybe we should get something like that? Maybe?

I think it would be nice to at least have an option to abort quests. What if you scale up to a high level and there's no need for those quests because the xp isn't significant enough?

Hopefully KI sees this and hopefully, they put it into the game! I think a LOT of us would use it. :)

Sincerely,
Kat the Life Wizard

Alura Soulthorn
Level 34

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
Kat and Bunny on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
Hey everyone!

I'm looking at you person who picked up that quest where you have to find all those freggin' books and read them...and you didn't want to.

If you're OCD like I am, having unfinished quests that you didn't WANT to pick up in the first place, are a PAIN.

It's a simple idea that I can't understand why it's not already built into the game. But maybe we should get something like that? Maybe?

I think it would be nice to at least have an option to abort quests. What if you scale up to a high level and there's no need for those quests because the xp isn't significant enough?

Hopefully KI sees this and hopefully, they put it into the game! I think a LOT of us would use it. :)

Sincerely,
Kat the Life Wizard

Alura Soulthorn
Level 34
I think that's a great idea!
I have a ton of quests on my main character that I wish I never picked up.

If there was a button I could press that would drop a certain quest, that would be very helpful!

Survivor
May 13, 2011
I think that we should be able to do it on the ones given by Prospector Zeke and Milos Bookwyrm [in Dragonspyre]

Survivor
Nov 15, 2014
Kat and Bunny on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Sincerely,
Kat the Life Wizard

Alura Soulthorn
Level 34
How did you know I picked up that freggin' book quest?

Yes I agree with you.
After making my life character last month, I have only been following the main quest line. BUT I have noticed that my character would be spamming next on the NPC taking to me, then all of a sudden the NPC starts talking about another quest that I didn't want to talk about... Then I need to stop spamming next just in case I accept the side quest I don't want.
I also have noticed that there is a few quests that don't let you decline. I might accidentally talk to a NPC and they don't let my decline the SIDE quest???? I have found that if you do get into that situation of no being able to decline, you can just log out and back in and you should be fine.

Another thing, is I have been going crazy with my ice character. For my ice was the first character I made and as being a noob as I was then, I picked up every single side quest. But as my ice got to Celestia I stopped getting side quests as I noticed it was not very important [I do admit
But my ice still collected all those 'side quests' just in case I'll do them later [yet those 'side quests' as still sitting there]
And yes I do have OCD and those SIDE QUESTS are making me go insane. My Ice character has about a trillion quests in her book. I can't remove them? And I don't wanna take a hour of my time looking for those damn books.

Your idea would be awesome :D

Scarlet SummerBreeze 100
Destiny WillowShade 84

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Great idea this would help a ton I have at least 12 quests in my book from wizard city - celestia and I'm like in khrysalis and I wish it really was a option on each SIDE quest to get rid of them from the book