Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2015 charity mount?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Does anyone know if there is going to be a charity mount this year? In past years the charity mount has always been announced on the first day of 12 days of the spiral (and 12 days of wizard back before P101). I bought my crowns in anticipation for the charity mount because I love helping KI give to charity. However this year we have already gotten a week into Yuletide with no peep about it. Is there going to be a mount? Im kind of regretting spending my money when I could have just donated it to an organization who really needed it.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Starblood653 on Dec 9, 2015 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is going to be a charity mount this year? In past years the charity mount has always been announced on the first day of 12 days of the spiral (and 12 days of wizard back before P101). I bought my crowns in anticipation for the charity mount because I love helping KI give to charity. However this year we have already gotten a week into Yuletide with no peep about it. Is there going to be a mount? Im kind of regretting spending my money when I could have just donated it to an organization who really needed it.
Hi don't worry I'm sure kingsisle is just running a little late this year on putting it up I mean they did just have Polaris last month so they have to focus a lot on glitches bug reports and so on but I'm totally sure they will have one it will just take a little bit longer

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
I am also wondering if there will be a charity mount this year. In my opinion it is a great and fun way to give to charity. Now there are rumours that there will be no charity mount, please could someone officially confirm whether or not these rumours are true?

Personally, I would be extremely disappointed with KI if there is no charity mount this year.

Administrator
Hello,

Rather than offer a specific charity mount this year for the “12 Days of the Spiral” promotion, throughout this year KingsIsle has directed our charity efforts through game events like Extra Life, on a business-to-one basis with the wonderful Make-a-Wish children who visit our company and with select other local organizations in the Plano and Austin areas.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Aww a Lot of people enjoy buying a mount for the Austin children's shelter and other charities by Buying the Charity mounts usually give one a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing they are helping kids and also getting a cool Hip mount as well :)

Hope you reconsider A mount sometime this december. Doesnt have to be with the 12 days of christmas.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2012
sniff - I was so looking forward to buying this year's Charity mount as well as gifting one to a friend of mine as part of her Christmas gift. Maybe KI can consider allowing the past years' charity mounts to be available in the Crown Shop...even if it was just for 1 day. I know that I don't have the Fa-la-la-llama or anything prior to that.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
Disappointed there isn't a mount this year. I look forward to this every year.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Dec 14, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Rather than offer a specific charity mount this year for the “12 Days of the Spiral” promotion, throughout this year KingsIsle has directed our charity efforts through game events like Extra Life, on a business-to-one basis with the wonderful Make-a-Wish children who visit our company and with select other local organizations in the Plano and Austin areas.
I'm sorry but that still doesn't answer the question as to why there won't be a charity mount this year like there have been in years past. If you could offer some insight other than "oh well we're just focusing on other charities rather than just give a charity based mount in-game" then that would be great, thanks.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I'm confused Professor Greyrose. What exactly did KI do in lieu of a charity mount purchased by thousands or even a million wizards? Make-a-Wish Foundation is a wonderful charity, but seriously, how many children actually chose KI offices as their wish?

Someone posting in this thread suggested selling past charity mounts for one day. That would be a great idea and all the proceeds could go to Make-a-Wish Foundation, and not just to a few, albeit very important and deserving, local children. After all, wizards come from around the country and even around the globe.

Paige Willowleaf

Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
You should have made a statement that the new train mount is NOT a charity mount. I know of many people that bought it assuming it was the yearly charity mount since you offered it as part of the Christmas celebration.

I can hardly believe all of your charity works of the year is a larger effort than the charity mounts are worth. I hope you are not judging the program by that horrible mount you did last year. Some are seeing that as perhaps a warning of your feelings about the program. Has KI become a Scrooge?

Survivor
Sep 26, 2011
very very bad decision KI a lot of us bought them because of the charity...and other stuff as well I just don't understand why you can't do both its not hurting anything doing the charity mount I am so very disappointed I will not be buying anything for while now sorry KI BIG MISTAKE

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Hello,

I came here wondering the same thing. At first I thought the Polar Express mount was going to be the charity mount but noticed that it wasn't named as one at all.

Like someone else said, could the charity mounts from years past be made available, even if for only one day? It could still be treated the same, where part of the proceeds are given to charity. Given that some people missed out on previous ones from not being members back then, I'm sure it would prove to be fruitful both for the charity and for K.I. as well.

Please, give consideration to this idea (as I'm sure inventing a new mount for charity purposes wouldn't be realistic at this point). Honestly, I wouldn't mind being able to get a couple of the previous mounts that I missed out on since I didn't start playing until a couple of years ago myself.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
Hello,

Dear Grinch,
This is a very big disappointment to me and others this year Make-a-Wish Foundation is one of the charities I give to every year some might not know that this charity is one of very few that 100% of proceeds goes to the charity and not to any cost. It isn't too late to go ahead and get a mount in the crown store and for everyone to gain faith back in Kingsisle.

Signed Santas Helper.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Hello,

I understand, Professor Greyrose. I may be bummed that there isn't a Charity Mount this year, but I'm still glad KI still does their business with Extra Life and Make-A-Wish. Keep that up.

Maybe next year, we may see a new Charity Mount made.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Don't worry, all. Perhaps next year, we may see a new Charity Mount. There's always next time, yes?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Hello,

Thank you for your informative response, Professor Greyrose. I had no idea that charity is now more of a year-round thing and that Extra Life is becoming more prominent but I'm very pleased to hear that. I'm thinking I'll set aside time to participate in Extra Life next year! Thank you for all you do to give back throughout the year.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I feel like the only person who doesn't want the past charity mounts to come back. They're a "trophy" to those who played when they were released. I look forward to seeing new charity mounts.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Giraffe7909 on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
I feel like the only person who doesn't want the past charity mounts to come back. They're a "trophy" to those who played when they were released. I look forward to seeing new charity mounts.
You are not, my friends and I are in the leave them alone camp too. The were released for that year. We were told they would not be brought back. I hope KI will do another charity mount next year. I enjoy them and giving to others in need not in my local area.

Megan

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Hello,

Dang, I still loved those mounts, I wouldn't mind if instead of $50,000 it was $10,000 but I wish there was a way to make it work. Obviously anybody can simply donate to charity anytime they want but the in game promotion with the holiday puns was always fun and encouraging.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
I have been buying the mounts since the very first one (white tiger which I love and use often) and often bought one for friends knowing that a portion of my mount was going to the Autistic Children of Austin Texas. I work at schools with children and give in other organizations. It is a shame someone didn't feel charitable enough to offer us a cool way to teach our children another way to spread good will. Monkey see monkey do. I truely thought the KI was different than other game companys that are only out for money. ei Blizzard and others many of play and could name. I personally and I know others too, Play mainly in DEC to donate to that silly mount. But those silly mounts that we spend 10 bux on made us feel like we were contributing to a larger cause. Like I said I often shared the wealth and bought more than one. not for my self but for others that couldnt buy one, or free players who really wanted one but couldnt afford one. so WE all think we need one, Why on EARTH would you think that an hour of designing one wouldnt be missed. And just because you give to other places we happened to think that donating to Autin Texas Autistic Children was a ver worth it thing that made KI a better company to allow our children spend OUR money on. I have worked with graphics. It takes just a little time and effort to design and animate one special mount It was one reason I have kept playing even though I dont pvp anymore because you have ruined that. Just renewed my membership and am thinking that maybe I should have waited and renewed pirates too in anticipation of that charity mount. I guess you dont need my 140 dollars a year plus what i spend in crowns and on cards through out the year on my family and friends. I really had thought that your past charity was worth it. Please reconcider. We liked helping the kids, not just playing. if i just wanted to play something i could go play anything but WE as customers chose Wizard101 and Pirate101. Partly because of the cause.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Hello,

This is such sad news. I love collecting the charity mounts. I just can't believe that there won't be one this year!!!
Really, your really not going to have a charity mount? It doesn't make sense.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
i want my charity mount. i always buy one each year for my daughter. for the kids that are in dire need that with out these charities suffer. they and my family look forward to them each and every year. except this year.

if you stop offering the charity mounts or seeds, then i need to rethink if i'm going to play or not any more.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I asked the same question on Facebook and got no response at all. Shame on you, KI. You know this is something we look forward to each year and it should have been made clear early on that you were not going to continue. While your ongoing "donation" is okay, we have no way of knowing about it do we? I too will rethink my renewal for next year do to this and many other factors of late. smh

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
sunnyskys on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
I have been buying the mounts since the very first one (white tiger which I love and use often) and often bought one for friends knowing that a portion of my mount was going to the Autistic Children of Austin Texas. I work at schools with children and give in other organizations. It is a shame someone didn't feel charitable enough to offer us a cool way to teach our children another way to spread good will. Monkey see monkey do. I truely thought the KI was different than other game companys that are only out for money. ei Blizzard and others many of play and could name. I personally and I know others too, Play mainly in DEC to donate to that silly mount. But those silly mounts that we spend 10 bux on made us feel like we were contributing to a larger cause. Like I said I often shared the wealth and bought more than one. not for my self but for others that couldnt buy one, or free players who really wanted one but couldnt afford one. so WE all think we need one, Why on EARTH would you think that an hour of designing one wouldnt be missed. And just because you give to other places we happened to think that donating to Autin Texas Autistic Children was a ver worth it thing that made KI a better company to allow our children spend OUR money on. I have worked with graphics. It takes just a little time and effort to design and animate one special mount It was one reason I have kept playing even though I dont pvp anymore because you have ruined that. Just renewed my membership and am thinking that maybe I should have waited and renewed pirates too in anticipation of that charity mount. I guess you dont need my 140 dollars a year plus what i spend in crowns and on cards through out the year on my family and friends. I really had thought that your past charity was worth it. Please reconcider. We liked helping the kids, not just playing. if i just wanted to play something i could go play anything but WE as customers chose Wizard101 and Pirate101. Partly because of the cause.
KI didn't stop helping out charities, they just changed the way they went about it. My impression is that they are doing more with the new way vs the charity mounts.

Since you say you work on graphics, you should be well aware that it's no quick and easy task and that it takes more than an hour to design a charity mount. Clever naming aside, the idea has to be thought up and then a design made and agreed upon, not to mention programming the characteristics (how it moves, sounds it makes, etc) into the computer. For a rush job, I'd guess at least a week for something to be made, with possible bugs needing to be worked out for it. It's not tossing a few shapes together and calling it done, it requires a certain level of detail to make it look like more than just some colored pixels on the screen.

All that said, I do wish they had done a charity mount, even if they put a small amount of the proceeds towards a charity (since, as mentioned previously, the help out with charities year round).

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
Hello,

I was so hoping that Professor Greyrose was using the quote of "no charity mount for the 12 days of the spiral" as being hope for this to be released in the days closer to Christmas day. I have bought the mounts for my entire family including myself every year since I have started playing. Some years have been goofier than others but this hasn't stopped me from using them as gifts to my friends in the game. Looking back at the previous years before I started playing I silently kick myself for not starting earlier because even today every time I see a Meowmodon I still get jelly. My first year playing I missed out on the Chrismoose because then I had no idea what a charity mount was... (I was such a noob ).

Please reconsider the charity mounts. I have always looked forward to this time of year and seeing the "noble mount" that had one driven purpose and the creativity that went into making it. I agree with bringing more charity work into day to day operations and I instill this in my own workplace. Five years now there have been charity mounts, which in my mind this has become a tradition that I thought existed in the spiral. If it has come to an end I am sad to see this happen and I fear to see what lays ahead... If there is anything up the KI creators sleeves I suggest crunching and figuring something out quickly, 5 days left...

Happy Holidays to all and best wishes for the new year!!!

Matthew SkullSlinger