Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jewels related issue.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
My character is currently equiped with 32 resist from normal gear for storm. I added 147 resist by jewels. Now, im curious to why i have 179 storm resist yet im not immune.

Recently i pvped pracitce 4v4.
I had a shield on "was -50" a tower shield.
No one else had a shield and they had around 80 resist.
They took 2000 damage i took 1000.
Now if i have 179 resist "lot more then needed to be immune"
how come i only took 1000 less damage?
Please explain the reasons this is happening because if thats the case, they need too be updated. Instead of the crit and block situation "which i believe has already been altered with." Lots of crowns went into getting the resist gear

Administrator
Hello,

The 147 resist you added from jewels is a flat resistance against 147 points of damage, not 147% damage.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 12, 2011
I am also curious to understand this, the other day I was playing when I saw a player immune to attacks storm with 77 + 44 of resistance in jewelry, as is done calculation to obtain immunity?

Administrator
AtleticoMG on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
I am also curious to understand this, the other day I was playing when I saw a player immune to attacks storm with 77 + 44 of resistance in jewelry, as is done calculation to obtain immunity?
When you look at your character sheet, under "resistance" you will see 2 rows of numbers. The top row represents percentages and the bottom row is flat resist numbers (most likely from jewels).

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
When you look at your character sheet, under "resistance" you will see 2 rows of numbers. The top row represents percentages and the bottom row is flat resist numbers (most likely from jewels).
perhaps, in the future, to make this more clear, there should be a % next to the percent bonuses, and then a jewel next to the jewel bonuses. When you mouse over the gem, it says, "this is a flat rate, not a percent". I know, it's kind of silly to need it, but enough people are still getting confused by it all. Just a thought

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
If i spend crowns to get these jewels, the should atleast do more then "flat resist" such as giving it a slight % so its actually useful, now the fun's kinda lost when its basically "just for show". I think that jewels should be altered with. Spent around 10,000 crowns on jewel packs and i now am told they are basically useless. Kind of a put down. Please make changes to the jewels.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
SophiaDcatcher on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
If i spend crowns to get these jewels, the should atleast do more then "flat resist" such as giving it a slight % so its actually useful, now the fun's kinda lost when its basically "just for show". I think that jewels should be altered with. Spent around 10,000 crowns on jewel packs and i now am told they are basically useless. Kind of a put down. Please make changes to the jewels.
if they made them percent based, it would probably be made to be like 1%, which people would then complain were worthless. Not everything in the game is for everybody. Pvp and Pet Derby arent for me, so I dont play them, gems I havent decided on, so Im stockpiling for now

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
You also have to account for how much pierce the other person has cuz even if you have 100% resist if they have enough pierce it will lower that 100%.