Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I haven't tried the test realm yet so maybe I'm reacting prematurely but... I see nothing mentioned in the update notes regarding "new fish". Please tell me this is just an oversight. I'm excited about the addition of Catch of the Day and Weekly Tournaments but what about new fish? An entirely new world should come with the commensurate entirely new fish! At least a few new ones anyway. Every world has a few fish that are indigenous to that world and in some cases even different areas within the same world can have different fish so it stands to reason that an exotic, remote land should have something different, no?

Administrator
Hello,

Fishing isn't possible in Polaris at this time.

But, you can fish in some player houses (Acropolis, Massive Fantasy Palace, Serpentine Escape, Winter Wind Tower, Pyramid of the Lost Horizon, Sun Palace, Sultan’s Palace, Midday Estate, Meadows at Dusk, Night Garden, Botanical Gardens and Amber Estate) now and you might find some new catches there.

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Fishing isn't possible in Polaris at this time.

But, you can fish in some player houses (Acropolis, Massive Fantasy Palace, Serpentine Escape, Winter Wind Tower, Pyramid of the Lost Horizon, Sun Palace, Sultan’s Palace, Midday Estate, Meadows at Dusk, Night Garden, Botanical Gardens and Amber Estate) now and you might find some new catches there.
Wow. Wow! I guess I just assumed with the previews showing a Penguin fishing, and that Penguins, Walrus, Seals and all of the other critters that live in areas like the Antarctic (which is what this world somewhat resembles) have a diet that consists almost entirely of seafood that there would be fish. Hmm.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
TucsonWizard on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
Wow. Wow! I guess I just assumed with the previews showing a Penguin fishing, and that Penguins, Walrus, Seals and all of the other critters that live in areas like the Antarctic (which is what this world somewhat resembles) have a diet that consists almost entirely of seafood that there would be fish. Hmm.
I haven't gotten to play Test much yet, so this is news to me. And sad news. I was excited when I read the fishing updates but I thought there'd be great stuff for Polaris ... based on that post card.

My sister doesn't even care about Plolaris because she was so excited to see (another postcard) that looked like Polaris would be based on WWII. She was going bonkers ...till I told her it looked like Saint Petersberg. She looked around and told me it's not WWII it's the Russian Revolution.

I like the teasers... but they shouldn't be misleading. Vague or double-meanings play on words, but not outright misleading. It's a recipe for disappointment.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I went fishing in my house. I cannot even tell you how happy this made me. I caught a brand new fish (exclusive to my house), and just had a blast. Thank you so, so much for this.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
There are other worlds that don't have fish yet neither, so I'm not disappointed that Polaris is temporarily fishless.

They'll come some day I'm sure. I don't mind waiting. Still have plenty of content to catch up on.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
So far I've found a few new fish in the castles.

All of the ones I've found are Rank 2, and 1,400 XP. These are the fish I found, school, and where.

Pacal Doodlefish Pyramid of the Lost Horizon

Flytrap Doodlefish Botanical Gardens

Nalia Dunestrider Doodlefish Sultan's Palace

Elik Silverfist Doodlefish Midday Estate (says it's also found in Meadows at Dusk and Night Garden)

Tezcat Threestar Doodlefish Serpentine Escape

Kiliman Copperleaf Doodlefish Sun Palace

Goliath Doodlefish Amber Estate

Zeus Doodlefish Acropolis

I wandered around, but couldn't find any ponds to fish in at the Winter Wind Tower. I'm sure I just walked past it, but I decided to move on.

There were tons of fish at the Massive Fantasy Palace, but I couldn't find anything new there. Maybe it's a rare fish that requires some resets and/or luck. I noticed I never found any new fire fish, so maybe MFP has one, or Meadows at Dusk or Night Garden. I didn't get to any of those last 2 during my endeavours.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I probably shouldn't complain too much... my highest level wizard just got to Khrysalis. Between playing that wiz, and my other five, by the time I get to Polaris there will probably be more fish than I can shake a fish-stick at.
(at the pace I play, probably a couple of new worlds too)

Delver
May 12, 2012
Snee432 on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
I went fishing in my house. I cannot even tell you how happy this made me. I caught a brand new fish (exclusive to my house), and just had a blast. Thank you so, so much for this.
What type of fish? :D

I think this is truly a great idea KI :)

~ Ali <3

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Wow, thanks KingsIsle. I came back from vacation to fish in my castle. Love it. And then discovered daily and weekly fishing challenges. Thanks so much.

Thanks for the listings High Five Ghosts. In Massive Fantasy I found Merle Doodlefish--balance. In Winter Wind(through the rock on the left besides the frozen water to the secret place) there is Satyr Doodlefish-life. Also caught a Pickled Herring-life and a Channel Bass-storm. The Channel Bass is a tv !! Both of these were in Winter Wind. At Acropolis I also caught Soul Searcher -death and Troll Trout-ice. At Sun Palace I also caught Yellow Grunion and Sumo Koi. At Midday the Tongue Fish and a Doodlefish. At Sultans Palace Sunfish and Archer. At Pyramid of the Lost Horizon an Ember Parrot and Labyrinth. I didn't fish much at Botanical Gardens but did catch a Lifecuda. A lot of life fish there.

Hope this helps anyone looking for certain fish. Have fun. I am.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
A month or so later... continued musings...
OK KI, despite my initial disappointment at the lack of new fish in Polaris, I must say that with the advent of the Doodlefish explosion my quest for fish has been temporarily satisfied. Who is this mad, brilliant doodler? It's exciting to think that there might be a veritable treasure trove of long lost doodlings by this piscatorial Picasso, this maverick Michelangelo of mackerel. What other residents of the spiral may have been immortalized by this Warhol of walleye? Every day as I rush to see the fishmonger to get the low-down on the Catch of the Day, I can't wait to see what surprise 2-D denizen of the deep I might see there next. Napolequin? What the... I think maybe the artist has been tipping a bit too much Pink Dandelion wine. But that's OK... artists are typically troubled sorts and in this case this artist's vice only adds to our bounty. Keep up the good work oh mystery doodler and please continue to make your visions available to all.
P.S.- the next round of Pink Dandelion wine is on me.

Administrator
TucsonWizard on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
A month or so later... continued musings...
OK KI, despite my initial disappointment at the lack of new fish in Polaris, I must say that with the advent of the Doodlefish explosion my quest for fish has been temporarily satisfied. Who is this mad, brilliant doodler? It's exciting to think that there might be a veritable treasure trove of long lost doodlings by this piscatorial Picasso, this maverick Michelangelo of mackerel. What other residents of the spiral may have been immortalized by this Warhol of walleye? Every day as I rush to see the fishmonger to get the low-down on the Catch of the Day, I can't wait to see what surprise 2-D denizen of the deep I might see there next. Napolequin? What the... I think maybe the artist has been tipping a bit too much Pink Dandelion wine. But that's OK... artists are typically troubled sorts and in this case this artist's vice only adds to our bounty. Keep up the good work oh mystery doodler and please continue to make your visions available to all.
P.S.- the next round of Pink Dandelion wine is on me.
I'm glad you like them. lol

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
High Five Ghost on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
So far I've found a few new fish in the castles.

All of the ones I've found are Rank 2, and 1,400 XP. These are the fish I found, school, and where.

Pacal Doodlefish Pyramid of the Lost Horizon

Flytrap Doodlefish Botanical Gardens

Nalia Dunestrider Doodlefish Sultan's Palace

Elik Silverfist Doodlefish Midday Estate (says it's also found in Meadows at Dusk and Night Garden)

Tezcat Threestar Doodlefish Serpentine Escape

Kiliman Copperleaf Doodlefish Sun Palace

Goliath Doodlefish Amber Estate

Zeus Doodlefish Acropolis

I wandered around, but couldn't find any ponds to fish in at the Winter Wind Tower. I'm sure I just walked past it, but I decided to move on.

There were tons of fish at the Massive Fantasy Palace, but I couldn't find anything new there. Maybe it's a rare fish that requires some resets and/or luck. I noticed I never found any new fire fish, so maybe MFP has one, or Meadows at Dusk or Night Garden. I didn't get to any of those last 2 during my endeavours.
I had some trouble finding the fishing area too when I was at the Winter Wind Tower. It's a bit tricky. If you go to the left side of the frozen waterfall that is on the left side of the house, there is a tiny little grassy patch thats sitting next to the wall that shows you where a secret tunnel is. The tunnel brings you out to a port that takes you to the pond.