Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nope nope nope, Stat mounts NO

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
I was on twitter looking at Polaris things and someone found a drop-able mount. One that gives 2% outgoing heal and +40% speed.

I am worried this isn't the end to stat mounts but if we do get stat mounts then I think that a fair (but not too broken) stat bonus should be added to epic rarity mounts from packs.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't see the big deal really. It would only affect mob battles for the most part. Very few boss dungeons allow mounts anyways.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I worry that players will all want a couple of stat mounts, and we'll lose the wonderful variety of mounts in use around the spiral.

Would be far better if ALL mounts got a jewel socket, then jewels came as drops, crafted, from cards, etc.

It's going to be really dull if everyone is using the same two mounts.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
I worry that players will all want a couple of stat mounts, and we'll lose the wonderful variety of mounts in use around the spiral.

Would be far better if ALL mounts got a jewel socket, then jewels came as drops, crafted, from cards, etc.

It's going to be really dull if everyone is using the same two mounts.
You make very good points. I hope KI is reading this thread .... if the stat mounts aren't nixed before coming to Live.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2013
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
seethe42 on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
I don't see the big deal really. It would only affect mob battles for the most part. Very few boss dungeons allow mounts anyways.
The stats are there anyway, even when you are visually off the mount.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
The stats are there anyway, even when you are visually off the mount.
This was one of my fears.

They're not going to leave this as one stat per mount. Here we go with hatching/training mounts or going (pierce) Jewel farming. This could break the game, IMO.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I don't like the stat mounts, I won't be using them. I also think it's a slap in the face to people who have invested in regular mounts. KI needs to find a way to grandfather this into existing mounts, rather than take a lot of people for granted.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
The stat mounts is a good thing it could help in the new world.
I remember when the test ream was out a long time ago people where saying no 3 pip wand
and we needed it now.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Intrepidatius on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
I don't like the stat mounts, I won't be using them. I also think it's a slap in the face to people who have invested in regular mounts. KI needs to find a way to grandfather this into existing mounts, rather than take a lot of people for granted.
It's one mount with a +2% Outgoing Healing that drops in 110 level dungeon. It's hardly a game changer. You're making a leap to assume that this means eventually we'll have elite mounts with stats that actually affect something.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
seethe42 on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
It's one mount with a +2% Outgoing Healing that drops in 110 level dungeon. It's hardly a game changer. You're making a leap to assume that this means eventually we'll have elite mounts with stats that actually affect something.
There's also a bundle mount with 2% Accuracy.

There's no way this is stopping with a couple mounts - and pets were introduced in much the same way.

Next we'll be hatching, training, trashing, exercising and feeding mounts as well as pets.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
I don't see the big deal either, the stats added so far are low and they'll probably stay some side bonus as accuracy and healing, there are many other things to worry about with this update

though, I'm agree, it would have been more clever to add a socket on all mounts (with a side Shape, meaning, no Round shape like the decks) to keep variety among the mounts chosen by players (instead of Crystal Unicorn for every wizard who needs accuracy, Mammoth Mini for all healers, etc)

keeping the socket exclusive for permanent mounts would be logic too and this stats add-on might be another reason to aquire a mount (ANY permanent mount) which would also be great for KingsIsle sales :
players would want to use more than one mount for different bonuses

but that might need a complete update in itself, I'm afraid
or maybe, make a socket available (vendor, recipe or dropped) that we can add to any mount to affix a Jewel?

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
One mount? There is another one that is exclusive to a bundle!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
You are correct, it is a leap in assumption. Gauging KI from past experiences, I would say it's a leap with a high probability of implementation as well, though hopefully I am wrong.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Intrepidatius on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
You are correct, it is a leap in assumption. Gauging KI from past experiences, I would say it's a leap with a high probability of implementation as well, though hopefully I am wrong.
Agreed.

To think anything else is ignoring seven years of patterned behavior.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Add me to the list of folks who would rather see a crafting recipe for a jewel socket for any type of mount. If everyone is using the same 2 or 3 mounts because they happen to have broken stat boosts, the spiral will get really dull fast.

heck they could even give Zeke some jewel crafting recipes now. Or socket recipes. Bling your Ride!

EDIT: They could be battle stats gems, tear/circle/square/triangle, or transport-specific gems, bar-shaped or cabochon or diamond-shaped.

The transport-related gem stats could be speed (+5% speed or something) or a particle effect (little school-colored sparkles, a jet of flame, a cloud of sooty smoke, a trail of stars) or a sound effect (clip-clop of hooves, drumming of paws, jingling of spurs, underwater bubbles and splashes, eerie howls).

At any rate, some way of introducing mount stats needs to take into account the primary reason people use mounts, which is to get from A to B without getting pulled. And the primary reason they choose a particular mount, which is to complement their look.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
might be to late now (not ravenwood) thing gotta be chance once is the while beside anyways mount from this bundle call of: Jewel Crafter's Bundle (there mount give a stat there is: accuracy) beside Polaris come live realms (see allot people riding Crystal Unicorn Mount!)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Corwin F on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
I don't see the big deal either, the stats added so far are low and they'll probably stay some side bonus as accuracy and healing, there are many other things to worry about with this update

though, I'm agree, it would have been more clever to add a socket on all mounts (with a side Shape, meaning, no Round shape like the decks) to keep variety among the mounts chosen by players (instead of Crystal Unicorn for every wizard who needs accuracy, Mammoth Mini for all healers, etc)

keeping the socket exclusive for permanent mounts would be logic too and this stats add-on might be another reason to aquire a mount (ANY permanent mount) which would also be great for KingsIsle sales :
players would want to use more than one mount for different bonuses

but that might need a complete update in itself, I'm afraid
or maybe, make a socket available (vendor, recipe or dropped) that we can add to any mount to affix a Jewel?

accuracy good talent (so, won't fizzle as much)

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
JustinFrostHunter on Oct 31, 2015 wrote:
accuracy good talent (so, won't fizzle as much)
yeah, I was an accuracy freak for a long time and it's kinda scary and unfair to see that all schools lost 5% on the new level 108 spells, we might have to take a step backwards and boost our accuracy again, sigh

however, with Malistaire gear, even the Storms don't fizzle anymore and for lower levels, the Jewel update lets us add the accuracy we need to our gear and pets
so an accuracy bonus isn't that important anymore, and, for example, it would be more a dangerous game changer if mounts were allowed to give Critical/Pierce or universal resist bonuses instead

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
the introduction of stats to mounts in itself no big deal I guess the main problem is that only one or 2 mounts have stats and not massively available to all wizards.I do wonder however if the natural progression would be them going like pets and being able to be mixed to gain more or different stats I also wonder if these new stats mounts will always be a small amount or be increased steadily to where it does make a REAL difference. Mounts atm are just a fashion accessory with the small boost to accuracy etc the additional % doesnt make that much difference if you have them or not as long as it stays like that I am fine staying with the mounts i like (picked to match outfits or wizard school xd) and let anyone who wants these have them.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Almost all boss chambers don't allow mounts, and mob battles happen rarely now in AZ, KH, and PL.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2014
I agree with PaigeGoldenSpear, Adding more stat mounts is outrageous. Some people like me, can't even get bundles like the Jewel Crafters Bundle (I'm outside of America), which is a big disadvantage. Hopefully stat mounts don't replace our normal mounts that we have known forever.