Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Deck Setup (Questing)

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I've tried looking up storm deck set-ups before, but the results are all for PvP. I've played as a life wizard for a long time, and now that my storm is a higher level, I should consider making a good deck for quicker battles. I've seen most questing storms pack very little like a few hits, blades etc.

My storm is currently level 68, and questing with my exalted life on my other account.

How would you set up a deck for a storm wizard at this level? I would also like to know how an exalted storm's deck is set so that I'm a prepared hitter in Darkmoor.

Thanks!

Fiona SummerBlossom, Level 100
Fiona StormBreeze, Level 68

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
It really depends on the style of playing. Say you are the hitter and your life is the healer, you would wanna carry Max blades and an attack. I will be honest here haven't touched my storm yet but I love my fire. For mob fights just have like two lords, two gargantuan/colossal, two storm blade, two elemental blade And a reshuffle. It's gonna be tough until you get to Zafaria. On my fire I was lucky to have an enchanted armament pet which gave sharpened blades, they helped a ton and I still use them as an exalted fire cause hey stack with normal sharpen blades. So if you have one of those pets they would come in real handy. Once you get to Zafaria buy the amulet that gives a storm blade item card, mob fights should be a lot easier.

For bosses however it depends. I would recommend your life to take out any minions and let the storm set up. Assuming you have trained feint just carry a feint, storm blade, elemental blade and a leviathan or even a triton and enchants too, the sun ones. I try to carry only the cards I need for the battle or else it clogs up. I hope your storm has the waterworks gear, at that level it is so powerful.

Once again am not an expert at storm but I have played around with my cousins storm and have a pretty good idea on how to play as a storm.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for the advice, and yes my storm has waterworks gear along with the lexicon blade and aureate band, and the Shango Stormblade amulet. I'm actually quite over levelled, in StormRiven, Celestia and my storm is nearing level 70. I still use the Sky Iron Hasta, should I keep it until I get the Sword of Kings? (If it's worth it)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Darthvarian on Oct 18, 2015 wrote:
I've tried looking up storm deck set-ups before, but the results are all for PvP. I've played as a life wizard for a long time, and now that my storm is a higher level, I should consider making a good deck for quicker battles. I've seen most questing storms pack very little like a few hits, blades etc.

My storm is currently level 68, and questing with my exalted life on my other account.

How would you set up a deck for a storm wizard at this level? I would also like to know how an exalted storm's deck is set so that I'm a prepared hitter in Darkmoor.

Thanks!

Fiona SummerBlossom, Level 100
Fiona StormBreeze, Level 68
from one diviner to another, this is what my mob deck looked like at your level:

1 storm lord or tempest
1 stormblade
1 elemental blade
1 gargantuan
1 amulet stormblade
1 dragonblade pet card
1 amplify
1 reshuffle

pro tip: i rarely carry traps~ they're a waste of space and blades are more efficient. also keep a few tc temp in your sideboard, in case you don't overkill (rare).

-

for exalted- here is what i used for all 3 battles:

howling chaney~ sharp/trained stormblade, amulet stormblade, sharp/trained elemental, pet dragonblade, colossal sirens, galvanic field + random tc/blades/traps from teammates = von smash.

(fairly simple fight; just don't heal)

lame von lame~ he's a more-annoying version of belloq. so i used mostly low-pip single hits (so as not to kill my teammates when his beguile cheat entered the mix) + extra blades and colossal sirens (for minions, once shane is dead).

malistaire~ this one is a supersized pain in the posterior, since you have to pack for 2 fights instead of 1. i use a similar setup to the one i use for chaney and try to use my blades before the dragon cheat steals them.

in addition to colossal sirens, i also add colossal glowbug squall/storm owl, plus a few school-only traps (this is one instance i will use them as they, unlike blades, can't be cheated off), plus a few extra heals for myself and tc doom, since someone will inevitably 'forget' to put it in.

also, you can't feint, dispel, or use any universal buffs- school-only stuff is fine. you'll also want a few reshuffles, since there's no break between the first and second fights (this is where being friends with a balance wizard comes in handy, since i am a balance wizard and have no trouble withholding buffs or heals from people who aren't nice).

-von
exalted

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Darthvarian on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the advice, and yes my storm has waterworks gear along with the lexicon blade and aureate band, and the Shango Stormblade amulet. I'm actually quite over levelled, in StormRiven, Celestia and my storm is nearing level 70. I still use the Sky Iron Hasta, should I keep it until I get the Sword of Kings? (If it's worth it)
The Sword of Kings isn't very good, especially for Storm. The crit is very mediocre and the block is absolutely meaningless. You also can't use wand hits to get rid of Weaknesses and Tower Shields without using up your blades and traps. The trap it gives is also pretty much worthless.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Darthvarian on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
And as I conveniently forgot to say this in my first post, I had to make another one. Unless you have a team with a dedicated healer who can reliably keep you alive, you'll need a wand with good block. If you have Crowns, the Teeth of the Lords of Night from the Shaman's Lore Pack is amazing for that purpose, giving 115 block at level 70. If you don't have crowns, the Highland Shillelagh (level 70), Bow of the Wildgrave (level 72) and Dawnfrost Blade (level 74) are all wands with okay block that can be found in the Bazaar. There's also the Wyrd-Oak Staff for level 75, which has better block than the others but isn't found in the Bazaar, so you'll have to farm for it if you want it.

If, however, you have a team to support you, you can get the Jack Hallow's Wailer from the Harrowing Nightmare Pack, which might allow you to crit on bosses. I don't really know of any non-crowns wands with meaningful crit.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Andrew Stormglade on Oct 20, 2015 wrote:
It really depends on the style of playing. Say you are the hitter and your life is the healer, you would wanna carry Max blades and an attack. I will be honest here haven't touched my storm yet but I love my fire. For mob fights just have like two lords, two gargantuan/colossal, two storm blade, two elemental blade And a reshuffle. It's gonna be tough until you get to Zafaria. On my fire I was lucky to have an enchanted armament pet which gave sharpened blades, they helped a ton and I still use them as an exalted fire cause hey stack with normal sharpen blades. So if you have one of those pets they would come in real handy. Once you get to Zafaria buy the amulet that gives a storm blade item card, mob fights should be a lot easier.

For bosses however it depends. I would recommend your life to take out any minions and let the storm set up. Assuming you have trained feint just carry a feint, storm blade, elemental blade and a leviathan or even a triton and enchants too, the sun ones. I try to carry only the cards I need for the battle or else it clogs up. I hope your storm has the waterworks gear, at that level it is so powerful.

Once again am not an expert at storm but I have played around with my cousins storm and have a pretty good idea on how to play as a storm.
If I understood correctly, Darthvarian's Life and Storm wizards aren't playing together as they are probably on the same account. As such, strategies involving his Life aren't really relevant here.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
lewski on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
If I understood correctly, Darthvarian's Life and Storm wizards aren't playing together as they are probably on the same account. As such, strategies involving his Life aren't really relevant here.
They're actually on different accounts, and playing together. I might try to get the Wyrd-Oak Staff since I don't have crowns yet.

When my storm is exalted, which wand would be the best:

Jack Hallow's Wailer

Staff of the Dragon's Maw
Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Darthvarian on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
They're actually on different accounts, and playing together. I might try to get the Wyrd-Oak Staff since I don't have crowns yet.

When my storm is exalted, which wand would be the best:

Jack Hallow's Wailer

Staff of the Dragon's Maw
Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze
Understood.

Jack Hallow's Wailer could be good, but the high-level bosses do have a lot of block, so you wouldn't be guaranteed to land crits on them even with that. The Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze has Power Pip chance and damage over the Staff of the Dragon's Maw, but with high level gear, your Power Pip chance will most likely be 100% and your damage will be high enough without the 8% from the FTEG, whereas the 13% Pierce from the SotDM will only really be useful if you'll be powering through shields and resistance. They're both great, get whichever you prefer more: damage, which you have pretty much enough of, or pierce, which is pretty situational. The crit and block differences aren't very relevant.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I have a max and i am willing to give you some advice if you want it. Just tell me what kind of deck you have and what you want it to be for (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4.) Please give me a reply