Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge Viewer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Has anyone ever felt that badges were cool and you worked so hard to get so many, but your only allowed to display one? Well a solution to this would be a badge viewer. Go to a friends menu and you can click on an icon to review your friends badges.

Another solution to badges could be a points system. The more badges you get the more points you get based on the difficulty of the badge. You would gain levels and can display your achievement level to others as well as your badge.

Daniel Firebreeze

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I'm sort of fine with one. Even if it's an old badge I use it if it sounds cool. Like Mastermind, Member of the Watch, or Order of the Fang. (Sometimes Savior of the Spiral)

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
Cool idea! I would love to see what badges my friends had earned. It could even be a conversation starter.

Delver
May 12, 2012
Awesome Been wanting something like this for years, and I am glad someone feels the same! lol

~ Allison Dragongem 80

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I'm ambivalent about this... I consider myself a "Badge Hound" in that I try to get every badge available. But I also like the idea of displaying only the badge I want people to see. People already have (in my opinion) far too much access to info about my character's gear, pet, stats etc...
I guess it really wouldn't hurt anything to allow them to see my badge list but I'd prefer that if KI put any more work into the badge system it would concentrate more on info about the badges themselves. For instance, I'd like to be able to see what I did to receive a badge. I have badges that I have no clue what I did to earn them. I'd love to be able to mouse-over a badge and get a pop-up that would tell me, for example:
"Fish Whisperer" = earned for catching 2,500 total fish.
-or-
"Samurai" = earned for defeating 200 Samoorai.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
#1. A option could be placed in the privacy menu to toggle on/off your badge viewer.

#2. Maybe Kingsisle could release a badge update with anecdotes about each badge; I also think there should be some sort of reward for badges like a gold reward or special items...

Daniel Frostcloud

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
What I'd like is for the actual badge to display. It works for PvP badges, but every other badge is just the name. May as well just call it a title if the "badge" is never going to show.

But I do like the badge viewer option.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
High Five Ghost on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
What I'd like is for the actual badge to display. It works for PvP badges, but every other badge is just the name. May as well just call it a title if the "badge" is never going to show.

But I do like the badge viewer option.
I'll second this*. It would be great to see the actual badge displayed. Like Ghost says, why even have a badge if you can't wear it. As it is it's not really a badge but more like a stamp you might put in an album kept in a drawer somewhere. You know you have it, and you can display that you have it, but you can't really show it.
*But I don't want anyone to be able to rummage through my drawer to find it which is kind of what the OP was suggesting.