Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
-More hairstyles from character creation and additions in crown shop
-More faces
-Allow us to choose whichever eye color and eye shape we want with whichever face
-Please update the character models much like WoW did with theirs
-Please update the graphics for the main hub
-Just like Pirates101, please subtract enemies dragged in by bystanders who then flee the next round
-Team up: Don't punish us with a 10 minute wait when our teammate bailed before we entered the boss' room
-Allow for more than one color when favoriting someone on our buddylist, for example, I want one color for family, one for best friends, and default color for regular friends
-Allow us to rename a deck since many of us carry around more than one deck with each set up for different occasions, such as what you do with clothing sets
-If everyone within the party has already seen an attack animation before, please give us the quick version of the attack instead of the drawn out one (Example: Khrulhu)
-Please censor the word combo "stew pet" and "noob" since a lot of people are using these words to abuse others
-Please uncensor the word "Im" since many of us can't be bothered to spend the extra time typing in an apostrophe.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
-Add an option to "like" or thumb up comments in the forums. A lot of forums do this.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
We can already rename our decks. Just go into your spell book and at the top left corner of screen it will give you a large selection of names to choose from. Go the the Aquila page in the update notes for more information.

I can totally agree with the team up timer because that has happened many times to me.

By the way please do not compare wizard101 to other games because they are there own game and there own company in wizard101 is there game and there company.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
These are all great suggestions! I'd 'like' this post if there was an option to do so...

Lenora SkullShade100

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
We can already rename our decks. Just go into your spell book and at the top left corner of screen it will give you a large selection of names to choose from. Go the the Aquila page in the update notes for more information.

I can totally agree with the team up timer because that has happened many times to me.

By the way please do not compare wizard101 to other games because they are there own game and there own company in wizard101 is there game and there company.
Their company isn't Wizard101, it's KingsIsle and most MMOs are compared to WoW since they're one of the most popular MMOs and therefore they're used as a measuring stick, that's what's called getting a discussion started for the sake of comparison, so please don't tell me what I should and shouldn't compare Wizard101 to. Thanks for telling me about changing the deck's name.

Anyway, Kingsisle, this would be a great idea since we can already see what what kind of graphics you can create through Pirate101. Please update Wizard101's character models.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
OhimeKowai on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Their company isn't Wizard101, it's KingsIsle and most MMOs are compared to WoW since they're one of the most popular MMOs and therefore they're used as a measuring stick, that's what's called getting a discussion started for the sake of comparison, so please don't tell me what I should and shouldn't compare Wizard101 to. Thanks for telling me about changing the deck's name.

Anyway, Kingsisle, this would be a great idea since we can already see what what kind of graphics you can create through Pirate101. Please update Wizard101's character models.
I know there company isn't wizard101 I was just to lazy to type kingsile at that moment. What I was trying to say was no matter how popular any game is they are there own game so they shouldn't be expected to live up to another completely different games standards.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
-When using the mouse to move from one area to the next, there are times we get locked into moving forward once we move to the next area, this causes some of us to enter battles unintentionally. Please fix that since this has been an issue for several years now.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
No one is "expecting them" to live up to another game. They have better character models in Pirates and GOOD ideas needed to be pointed out, please stop derailing the conversation and get back on topic.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
It would be nice if they added a shop or a vendor that allowed you to change the hair color and style of your character. i made my hair pink, and regret it deeply

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
KatCat379 on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
It would be nice if they added a shop or a vendor that allowed you to change the hair color and style of your character. i made my hair pink, and regret it deeply
Yeah, this is a great idea too! Or have a salon in the shopping area with a character that asks how you'd like it :)

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
-Gardening: Please allow us to select multiple spots (at one time, kinda like pasting each spot that will be dug) to dig a new plot since digging one by one can be very unessecarily time consuming for those trying to create a garden with the same sized plots

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
OhimeKowai on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Yeah, this is a great idea too! Or have a salon in the shopping area with a character that asks how you'd like it :)
yes, with the fancy chairs and everything, haha. i think they still have some empty houses/stores open in the shopping district. Even if it has to be for crowns, they should still add a feature like that. hair styles only go so far. it would be nice to see a dffierent style without making a new character.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
-an indicator in the quest log to show which one's the main quest and which one's a side quest.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
-Fix the quest helper in Kroktopia for general Khaba, who while located in the hall of champions, will be guided to the Balance school instead. Please fix this.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
-Increase the amount of money we can hold
-Notify us when a friend comes online, with settings allowing us to disable it if we want.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
OhimeKowai on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
-Increase the amount of money we can hold
-Notify us when a friend comes online, with settings allowing us to disable it if we want.
Starting from levels 80 and above, the amount of money increases. They already added that

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
OhimeKowai on Oct 1, 2015 wrote:
-When using the mouse to move from one area to the next, there are times we get locked into moving forward once we move to the next area, this causes some of us to enter battles unintentionally. Please fix that since this has been an issue for several years now.
There's an easy remedy for this already in the game... use the "W" key to walk forward. When you're exiting a dungeon, if you inch up to the exit using the keyboard you're less likely to go barreling into the group of mobs waiting on the street outside.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
OhimeKowai on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
-Gardening: Please allow us to select multiple spots (at one time, kinda like pasting each spot that will be dug) to dig a new plot since digging one by one can be very unessecarily time consuming for those trying to create a garden with the same sized plots
This could be a bit complicated because you'd then have to have a screen to determine the number of plots you want to dig and the pattern you want them placed in. This is important because when you're using large-area needs spells you want to make sure you cover the maximum amount of plants using the least amount of energy.
When I'm digging plots I generally end up switching back and forth from the digging screen to the needs screen so I can be sure I place all of the plots so they fall within the needs spell's area of effect. Maybe in the future KI could expand the options to include specific plot arrangements designed to make the best use of the needs spell's.
For example, a 3x3 pattern of small plots allows for use of the medium water/sun/music/magic/pollination spell.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
All of these is something YOU WOULD LIKE, but others do not. This is all for personal gain.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
OhimeKowai on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
-More hairstyles from character creation and additions in crown shop
-More faces
-Allow us to choose whichever eye color and eye shape we want with whichever face
-Please update the character models much like WoW did with theirs
-Please update the graphics for the main hub
-Just like Pirates101, please subtract enemies dragged in by bystanders who then flee the next round
-Team up: Don't punish us with a 10 minute wait when our teammate bailed before we entered the boss' room
-Allow for more than one color when favoriting someone on our buddylist, for example, I want one color for family, one for best friends, and default color for regular friends
-Allow us to rename a deck since many of us carry around more than one deck with each set up for different occasions, such as what you do with clothing sets
-If everyone within the party has already seen an attack animation before, please give us the quick version of the attack instead of the drawn out one (Example: Khrulhu)
-Please censor the word combo "stew pet" and "noob" since a lot of people are using these words to abuse others
-Please uncensor the word "Im" since many of us can't be bothered to spend the extra time typing in an apostrophe.
I think that changing the face would be nice! I got tired of how one of my wizard's faces looked that I had to delete her and start all over again, and she was a level 60 fire. I thought when I first created her she was really cute, that is until she was made fun of when someone called her "Big Cow Eyes". I never looked at her the same again.

Kimberly Fairydust, lvl.100

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
I know there company isn't wizard101 I was just to lazy to type kingsile at that moment. What I was trying to say was no matter how popular any game is they are there own game so they shouldn't be expected to live up to another completely different games standards.
Standards are the same from a Game Designer's perspective, level designing, difficulty increments etc are all the same. Start off easy, work your way to harder levels with harder bosses and better rewards. Grinding and farming are also staples. Compared to the many MMOs out there that everyone can go to other than this one, yes they are expected to live up to and SURPASS other games if they want to keep Wizard101/Pirate101/whatever other game they make alive. This is what it means to run a game. Quite frankly, WoW is considered the mother of MMOs because of the fact its formula is now basic in ALL MMOs including Kingsisle's.

Sorry, but you're wrong. This may be their game, but their formula is still generic at best. The story line and combat system are what makes their games unique, since they are actually pretty historically 'accurate' while entertaining. Other than that, everything else has already been done somewhere else or has been done better by some other game by now. I still play out of sentiment, I started this game when it first came out and I love it for the memories I share with it. For example, my roommate/best friend/brother and I still play because we met through Wizard101, states away, years ago. I ended up attending the college he attends and we've been brothers ever since. Now when I first played as a kid, the game was completely different to me. It was all about that next spell and the animations and storyline, now it's just about having fun and goofing around.

Anyways, all game standards are the same so they are expected to live up them. Otherwise the game will die. Simple as that.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
MalvinHawkRunner on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
All of these is something YOU WOULD LIKE, but others do not. This is all for personal gain.
Majority of people want this, including I.