Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So it's been a few years... is my pet still good?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I last played in 2011 when I "quit" at level 70. Now I see that the level cap is 100, so I've been playing a little bit and made it to 85 so far. My pet back then was awesome, and I think still is but I have definitely been seeing some really way cooler pets than my own.
His/Her name is Miss Milo (default name), and he/she is a Satyr. I believe it was the original Satyr I got from the life school quest at level 48 I believe? Or I might have hatched a few Satyr's together to get a little bit higher pedigree.

Anyways here are the stats

Pip'o Plenty 5%
Spritely
Life Giver 6%
and a +25 strength I think

I haven't bothered getting from Epic to Mega/Ultra because it would seem to be a waste, especially with all the new pets and pet talents out there. I'm not entirely sure what I would want to go for as a Life wizard no secondary school. Offensive pet? Defensive pet? Spritely sure seems wimpy now compared to "may cast unicorn", heck that helps the whole team! And with the addition of those jewel things you can add to your gear, pips on a pet doesn't seem necessary.

Would someone mind listing the "best" or perhaps most desired pet talents that they would want if they were an end-game Life wizard? I've been told sea turtle is pretty darn good, not sure where to find him though. I would farm a boss if there's a pet drop better than my Miss Milo

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
That's still a useful pet, but I wouldn't train it further, as there are better talents now. You could hatch for resist, more damage, accuracy, or healing boosts, depending on your play style and what you feel you need to improve.

Best of luck!