Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A World with Day/Night Cycles

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
What if we had a world with day/night cycles that affected the gameplay? It could be something like an hour of day, switch, an hour of night, switch and so on. It wouldn't need to affect main quests, though, because some people can only play at certain times, but some side quests and/or additional bosses could only be accessible during either night or day. What do you think?

The idea isn't mine.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
lewski on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
What if we had a world with day/night cycles that affected the gameplay? It could be something like an hour of day, switch, an hour of night, switch and so on. It wouldn't need to affect main quests, though, because some people can only play at certain times, but some side quests and/or additional bosses could only be accessible during either night or day. What do you think?

The idea isn't mine.
How would you determine when it's dark/light when someone in Australia is sleeping but we in the US are in the middle of our day? That's the problem, and why it has not been done. There is no way to do this and be "fair" to everyone who plays. As for anything only being accessible at certain times, a resounding no on that. I have very little time to play during the week due to work and life and don't need the game telling me I can't do a quest because it is blocked until a certain time.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
RavenLady777 on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
How would you determine when it's dark/light when someone in Australia is sleeping but we in the US are in the middle of our day? That's the problem, and why it has not been done. There is no way to do this and be "fair" to everyone who plays. As for anything only being accessible at certain times, a resounding no on that. I have very little time to play during the week due to work and life and don't need the game telling me I can't do a quest because it is blocked until a certain time.
I'll quote my own post: "an hour of day, switch, an hour of night, switch and so on"

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
It would be most interesting to see wizard city at night. I like this idea! :)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
RavenLady777 on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
base it off of the time the person is playing in. As for the graphics, it's NO different than before or after the end of Azteca. They managed to do that no problem, how is this any different? Besides the coding I mean. If you finished azteca, you get the meteor bits raining down, if not, you dont.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
It'd be some nice eye-candy for the other worlds, but I say it would be more accessible if you could manually switch the time rather than having to wait.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2015
i will have to disagree to day and night cycles cuz depending on the time a newbie joins the game he should see the same things that we were able to see when we joined altho it is kinda nice for a change in environment so perhaps maybe you can set the time at your house or have it cycle that would be nice