Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm, Balance or Death

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Hey guys i can't decide who to play as?

My storm is level 31 in Wizard city (nearly done)

My death is level 29 Marleybone (beginning)

My balance is level 73 in Zafaria (waterfront)

I'm really struggling on this decision and i will max out who ever the most preferred is.

Wolfmythsword 100

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Why don't you just play the one you enjoy most?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i agree with lewski; play the one you enjoy most.

that said, i have all 3 of those schools at exalted and i'd be happy to give you an idea of what to expect from each:

as i learned from my first wizard, post-level 60 balance is awesome; nice heals, good base health, easy to solo and extremely versatile in group situations. sure, you don't have as many blades as the other schools and can't gain accuracy without sacrificing everything else, but those are small prices to pay for well-rounded stats overall (with the right gear and/or pet).

also, get used to the other schools begging you for blades or to "just pass and let me kill"; i tune them out, and i kill anything i darn well please.

death was my second wizard, and my third to finish the game. not only does he have the best traps available, but his hit-and-heal combo is a bonus (in a lot of higher-level instances, healing triggers cheats, and death's nontraditional healing means that they have a much easier time in places like atlantea or, say, castle dreadmore).

my favourite school, hands down; storm was actually my last wizard created on this account (after i had deleted her predecessor for fizzling too much), but she was the first to reach both max level and end-game.

depending on your preference (offense or defense), you can easily tailor your wizard to your approach. as a solo player, i decided to forego critical in favour of high resist and block~ at level 100, my diviner has 270 universal block and 42% resist across the board, while maintaining a 112% damage boost; she can either kill everything herself or take first position and support another storm.

(yes, her critical is not great, but critical is so random that it was never a priority for me. and perfect accuracy is easily attainable with gear after level 50-60.)

hope that helps, sorta.

-von
exalted

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks Dr von for your contribution I've seen you all around the message boards and honored that you posted a reply

For My school I have chosen Storm

Thanks for the feed back

Wolfmythsword100

T< El toro was here

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
balancemythstormma... on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Thanks Dr von for your contribution I've seen you all around the message boards and honored that you posted a reply

For My school I have chosen Storm

Thanks for the feed back

Wolfmythsword100

T< El toro was here

you are most welcome, and i hope you enjoy your storm wizard as much as i've enjoyed mine.

-von "100,000 volts of awesomeness straight to the face" shadowsong

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Dr Von on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
i agree with lewski; play the one you enjoy most.

that said, i have all 3 of those schools at exalted and i'd be happy to give you an idea of what to expect from each:

as i learned from my first wizard, post-level 60 balance is awesome; nice heals, good base health, easy to solo and extremely versatile in group situations. sure, you don't have as many blades as the other schools and can't gain accuracy without sacrificing everything else, but those are small prices to pay for well-rounded stats overall (with the right gear and/or pet).

also, get used to the other schools begging you for blades or to "just pass and let me kill"; i tune them out, and i kill anything i darn well please.

death was my second wizard, and my third to finish the game. not only does he have the best traps available, but his hit-and-heal combo is a bonus (in a lot of higher-level instances, healing triggers cheats, and death's nontraditional healing means that they have a much easier time in places like atlantea or, say, castle dreadmore).

my favourite school, hands down; storm was actually my last wizard created on this account (after i had deleted her predecessor for fizzling too much), but she was the first to reach both max level and end-game.

depending on your preference (offense or defense), you can easily tailor your wizard to your approach. as a solo player, i decided to forego critical in favour of high resist and block~ at level 100, my diviner has 270 universal block and 42% resist across the board, while maintaining a 112% damage boost; she can either kill everything herself or take first position and support another storm.

(yes, her critical is not great, but critical is so random that it was never a priority for me. and perfect accuracy is easily attainable with gear after level 50-60.)

hope that helps, sorta.

-von
exalted
Actually your completely wrong on balance its the hardest in the world to solo as it is the hardest class with the lowest damage and moderate health for it is a support class dont ever solo anything higher then dragonspyre

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Spyroinfite on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
Actually your completely wrong on balance its the hardest in the world to solo as it is the hardest class with the lowest damage and moderate health for it is a support class dont ever solo anything higher then dragonspyre
lol, you've obviously never met my balance wizard, because i soloed the entire game (save for the most ridiculous cheat dungeons) with her.

i learned early on what i could and couldn't do, and it took a long time to figure out how to make the most of the resources i had available... but when i did? oh man, it was glorious.

i run a damage build with no outgoing heal boost~ my damage boost is in the high 80s (will be high 90s or low 100s with full darkmoor gear and damage-boosting pet);a colossal power nova does 745 base damage, and mine hits for around 1200-1300 with no blades.

i support others if/when i feel like it, or if the instance calls for it, but i refuse to be relegated to support only. if people start bugging me to heal them or "just pass and let me kill", i ignore them; if i want to keep my blades/heals/whatever for myself, i will.

-von
awesome sauce-erer