Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you share personality traits with your wizard?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
This is just for fun, as I am rather curious to know if anyone has thought about the same thing. Anyways, you know how there are personality traits and habits associated with each school? I think, for me at least, that my personality is really reflected through my school of choice, which just happens to be ice.

I tend to be very quiet, I keep to myself for the most part, and I don't particularly like working in groups. Some fellow wizards have even said that I seem scary or that I'm intimidating. Oops!

Really, it's just because I'm "selfish" in the way that I tend towards keeping my knowledge and my talent to myself. I'm actually very nice once you get to know me, though!

My favorite thing in the world is also snow. Winter is so exciting!!

Does anyone else feel like their element really matches themselves? I find the incorporation of personality in Wizard101 to be quite interesting. It adds a whole new depth to the game!

Best wishes,

Kelsey SpriteCatcher - Legendary Thaumaturge

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
the answer to this question is yes and no~ in my early adventures, i noticed that all of my wizards had started to take on personalities of their own... thus, the fan-fic of horribleness was born.

(all of them have at least one trait from me, lol)

she is wise beyond her years; cold and dignified, regal; enjoys solitude and research, also an insomniac who stays awake for weeks (or even months) on end.

#1 is smart and quick-witted; he is respectful of others and enjoys quality time with his loved ones, always stands up for the loner.

#2 is adventurous, but a tad impulsive; she often rushes into things without thinking them through and is famous for taking on more than she can handle.

is emotional and insecure, very trusting, generally a trainwreck; her friends are the family she's chosen for herself.

is humble and anti-violence, loves people and animals; keeps a few close friends, but does not enjoy crowds.

#1 is steady and compassionate, stable, mature for his age; keeps only one close friend, prefers the company of pets.

#2 is flighty and romantic, a bit of a dreamer; she's the overly-attached friend who remembers everyone's birthday and gives gifts for no reason.

is quiet and solitary, keeps to herself; if you want an answer (even if the question is "how are you?"), you'll have to pry it out of her, because she won't volunteer anything willingly.

#1 is sociable and friendly, loves people and is always encouraging non-fire wizards to embrace their "inner fire".

#2 is obnoxious, but secretly wounded; he pretends he's better than everyone else and has trouble keeping friends.

well, that was fun~ off to work for now, but will be back later to read everyone else's answers!

-von

Survivor
Aug 16, 2015
Yea I find the same thing happends to me. I happend to be a fire wizard every time I did the book it always came out fire no matter what I did.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Dr Von on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
the answer to this question is yes and no~ in my early adventures, i noticed that all of my wizards had started to take on personalities of their own... thus, the fan-fic of horribleness was born.

(all of them have at least one trait from me, lol)

she is wise beyond her years; cold and dignified, regal; enjoys solitude and research, also an insomniac who stays awake for weeks (or even months) on end.

#1 is smart and quick-witted; he is respectful of others and enjoys quality time with his loved ones, always stands up for the loner.

#2 is adventurous, but a tad impulsive; she often rushes into things without thinking them through and is famous for taking on more than she can handle.

is emotional and insecure, very trusting, generally a trainwreck; her friends are the family she's chosen for herself.

is humble and anti-violence, loves people and animals; keeps a few close friends, but does not enjoy crowds.

#1 is steady and compassionate, stable, mature for his age; keeps only one close friend, prefers the company of pets.

#2 is flighty and romantic, a bit of a dreamer; she's the overly-attached friend who remembers everyone's birthday and gives gifts for no reason.

is quiet and solitary, keeps to herself; if you want an answer (even if the question is "how are you?"), you'll have to pry it out of her, because she won't volunteer anything willingly.

#1 is sociable and friendly, loves people and is always encouraging non-fire wizards to embrace their "inner fire".

#2 is obnoxious, but secretly wounded; he pretends he's better than everyone else and has trouble keeping friends.

well, that was fun~ off to work for now, but will be back later to read everyone else's answers!

-von
I had fun reading those

I'm certainly like my main () wizard. I'm a tad impulsive and I think I'm creative, however I'm extremely unorganized and often can't focus. I do like the way they make you feel a sense of belonging to your school throughout the game,

Poet

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
PrancingPoet on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
I had fun reading those

I'm certainly like my main () wizard. I'm a tad impulsive and I think I'm creative, however I'm extremely unorganized and often can't focus. I do like the way they make you feel a sense of belonging to your school throughout the game,

Poet
yay, i'm glad you enjoyed reading them!

if i were to pick just one school, i'd have to say that i'd be storm as well. i'm creative (a day in the mind of dr. von is like an internet browser with 5,135, 798 tabs open at once, all the time), and have a tendency to jump headfirst into new projects` go big, or go home, one might say.

-von

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Yes, my personality traits reflect my wizard and her school .

My wizard has multiple personalities based on certain conditions.

Fiona SummerBlossom, A quiet wizard that avoids pointlessly hanging around in crowded areas. When questing and coming across other wizards, she does not speak unless she is spoken to. In battle, she is more of an "attacking life wizard" but is always ready to aid others. Fiona is a positive wizard, with a sense of humour that is revealed to close friends, and she will talk a lot if the wizard she is talking to is friendly or they start a conversation. With patience, and confidence, Fiona always does all side quests, and farmed until she got the best gear she could get. She was always prepared for upcoming worlds, often over 10 levels higher than average. She is creative, and great at thinking up ideas on the spot. But when rude, arrogant people are mean to such an innocent, nice wizard like her, she cannot resist the urge to fight back and to stand up for herself.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In a way I find it disheartening to think that some wizards reflect their human's personality traits because I've run into some real jerks in this game. Most of these are PvPers who are really full of themselves and evidently feel that they have something to prove. I can only imagine if they're like that irl they live a friendless existence. I don't typically report people unless they do or say something totally egregious but I've been very close on several occasions because of inappropriate creative profanity and just all around caustic behavior towards myself and others on the team. As far as my personal traits carrying over to my avatars I would have to say yes, they do. As an adult gamer with children (and grandchildren) I tend to be protective so if I see someone being taken advantage of or being verbally abused I will do something about it. By the same token, if someone is abusive towards me I have no qualms about disassociating myself from them.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
So Von, you're spending time around the message boards before you leave? We will miss you.
I personally belive I am most like my balance wizard
Intelligent, kind, wise, witty,willing to help,willing to leave someone behind if slowing them down a lot..

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Most of my wizards usually have at least one trait that I have, though I'd say my Storm is the closest to me.
My is quite hyper but unsure of how to act around new people though he gets really excited during intense and long duels. He doesn't really mind working in teams as long as he doesn't take heavy damage and can dish out the most damage that he can for one spell. He likes rainy days and listening to energetic music like J-Core, and has random bursts of creativity every now and then.
My is clever, but impulsive. She dislikes using any drain spells unless half of her health is gone and mostly prefers using blades and traps to use the ones that cause damage. She's a fan of the Monk of Mourning TC and is a bit of a metalhead.
My likes to research and find new ways to describe any concepts. He likes to stick to one main strategy and change it slightly for certain bosses, and always makes sure his gear boosts his pierce and damage output. He likes working in teams as long as everybody uses their buffs wisely. He likes to write and sketch ideas out when in the mood.
My is the kind of friend who always acts aloof. He likes to hit more than heal and play a more aggressive role in a team. He also has a corny sense of humor and tries to be optimistic, and likes to listen to acid jazz while fighting.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Theamazingbalance on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
So Von, you're spending time around the message boards before you leave? We will miss you.
I personally belive I am most like my balance wizard
Intelligent, kind, wise, witty,willing to help,willing to leave someone behind if slowing them down a lot..
oh, i'm not going anywhere yet~ i just got my membership back (so i could do things that aren't darkmoor) for the next year, so you guys are stuck with me until then.

(mwahaha!)

to tucsonwizard's point, i agree; there are some pretty obnoxious people out there, and it's a good thing that not all wizards have personalities like their owners.

i made a new friend last night, while working on my team up badge~ we're both level 100, and we met while helping some mid-level wizards through upper zigazag. she's an adult player like me, and we got to talking about how rare it is to find someone at max level who's actually a decent person... the two level 60 wizards we were helping were fantastic as well, and a good time was had by all of us.

people like tavia, paul, and andrew remind me why i continue to play this game, and they are a nice change from the hard-edged, competitive, pvp-centric world that the spiral has become.

-von

Survivor
Jul 09, 2015
I think i match my wizard perfectly we both stink at what we do

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I fizzle a lot, just like in Wiz.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I think I am some what like my fire wizard, I could even compair myself to how the spells work.

I am very passionate about the things I love and equally passionate about things i hate (think Malistare's quote about 1000 dying suns kind of hate)

Much like a fire schools spell I tend to take a longer time to do things, taking bits at a time or taking a second to get started but it works out in the end...usually.

I don't really share in other "Stereotypical Qualities" that fire wizards are claimed to have in game.

I do like looking fancy and opulent though I don't have the means to do so in real life. I wish I could have a palanquin carry me around Irl okay now I'm rambling.